Jermaine Speaks Out (Sky News 7/21/09) Merged interviews

As a GROUP - they have never released an album w/o Michael. Yeah, of course they wouldn't have made the big bucks that came along with Michael, but even still - if their shit was tight/and the music was GOOD- I think they could have done fairly well.

they did, 2300 jackson street was the name of it.

The only song on 2300 Jackson Street that I really liked was Private Affair

people let them think they were nothing without MJ??

what are you talking about? what people??? come on... theres a reason why from day one MJ was the star

i'm so pleased he never did a reunion tour with him holding the rest of them up. it would have been so embarassing

i know shes not part of the jackson 5 but did anyone see la toya perfroming WBSS on UK big brother??? enough said!!

Michael collaborated with them on the title track and even appeared in the video. As a GROUP..they have NEVER released an album w/o Michael or his promotional assistance.
That song had all of the siblings except LaToya (although Marlon didn't appear in the video), so he was just a guest the same as Rebbie, Marlon, & Janet. And 2300 Jackson St was the 3rd single, so it wasn't used to sell the album. Sony dumped the group. There was little interest in the brothers from companies and the public. Jermaine had to put out "Word 2 The Badd" to get attention, because he wouldn't have received it for his talent after having many of his albums ignored. How can the group release an album with no record contract? Give it away at concerts or put it in the newspaper like Prince? The Jackson family doesn't work like that. It's not as simple as them making a record without Michael because who's going to buy it? Most of the people in here have no interest in the family or say they suck. So obviously the general public, many who don't like Mike or Janet, isn't going to care about the other brothers.

That song had all of the siblings except LaToya (although Marlon didn't appear in the video), so he was just a guest the same as Rebbie, Marlon, & Janet. And 2300 Jackson St was the 3rd single, so it wasn't used to sell the album. Sony dumped the group. There was little interest in the brothers from companies and the public. Jermaine had to put out "Word 2 The Badd" to get attention, because he wouldn't have received it for his talent. How can the group release an album with no record contract? Give it away at concerts or put it in the newspaper like Prince? The Jackson family doesn't work like that. It's not as simple as them making a record without Michael because who's going to buy it? Most of the people in here have no interest in the family or say they suck. So obviously the general public, many who don't like Mike or Janet, isn't going to care about the other brothers.

yep ditto everything you said... "word to the bad" is the only song that caused a stir.. for all the wrong reasons

Jermaine never really caught on, except in the R&B market. A lot of people expect a Jackson to dance, which is part of the reason Janet caught on. Jermaine is more of a musician than an entertainer like Mike, Janet, or Marlon. Entertainer type acts in general are more popular today than just a singer or musician. But let's face it, Mike (or Janet) will draw a bigger audience than the others, unfortunately. Talent in itself sells no tickets, which is why a Soulja Boy or a Britney Spears will sell more tickets than a Jill Scott, a Esperanza Spalding, or a Raul Midon.

There was 2300 Jackson St, which Sony did little promotion on. Jermaine has over 10 solo albums and produced and did A&R duties at Motown. Jackie has 2. Randy started a band called The Gypsies and put out a record. Marlon had a solo. Even Tito recorded an instrumental album at Motown that was never released.
who cares about ticket sales? the jackson's get laughs when they try to do stuff. im talking about respect. jill scott is respected.

this is the most genuine ive ever seen jermaine. i'm sure his feelings and opinions have always been genuine but the jacksons have been in the public eye for so long i sometimes feel they are too "polite" to the media instead of letting it how they honestly feel. but this was honest.

i like his point about michael paying for peoples medical treatment when they couldn't afford it themselves....this means YOU Arviso's

Jermaine once sad in an interview that Michael’s fame was all about timing, if it had been a different time it would have been him who was the star.

I like Jermaine, I have a few of his albums and he has done some cool songs on his own, but Michael was on another planet talent wise.

Jermaine once sad in an interview that Michael’s fame was all about timing
This could be said about anybody who's famous. If The Beatles, Sam Cooke, KISS, Marilyn Monroe, Little Richard, Elvis, Jimmy Stewart, Clint Eastwood, Malcolm X, etc. came out today, would they be popular? Probably not.

This could be said about anybody who's famous. If The Beatles, Sam Cooke, KISS, Marilyn Monroe, Little Richard, Elvis, Jimmy Stewart, Clint Eastwood, Malcolm X, etc. came out today, would they be popular? Probably not.

Jermaine meant that if the timing had been different he would have been the star of the Jackson 5, not Michael.

Back