Japan: Paper Sleeve Reissue CD's (Limited Edition)

Now I've got the question, has someone all re-issues in jewel case? I saw on sony japan website, that together backs of the cases look just like that:
12612900.jpg

Can anyone confirm that?

Yes, I can confirm this. I haven't bought all CDs, but that's what you get when you buy all THE JACKSONS (7 volumes) and MICHAEL JACKSON (6 volumes) re-issues.
THE JACKSONS' first album "The Jacksons" (1976) is volume 1, MICHAEL JACKSONS's album "INVINCIBLE (2001)" is volume 13. ;)

And this is the sticker you'll get with every FIRST PRESSING:

smjapansticker2010.jpg

^ The quality is perfect, very good digital remastering, no loudness crap. You can finally enjoy the live album, for example listen to "Heartbreak Hotel (Live)", it's amazing!

Here's an overview of when the remastering has been done on each CD:
  • The Jacksons - 2009 digital master
  • Goin' Places - 2009 digital master
  • Destiny - 2008 digital master
    identical with the "Expanded Edition", also known as "Legacy Edition" or "30th Anniversary Edition"
    bonus tracks:
    • "Blame It On The Boogie [John Luongo Disco Mix]" - 7:01 min
    • "Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) [John Luongo Disco Mix]" - 8:38 min
  • Triumph - 2008 digital master
    identical with the "Expanded Edition", also known as "Legacy Edition"
    bonus tracks:
    • "Heartbreak Hotel [Single Edit]" - 4:53 min
    • "Walk Right Now [John Luongo Disco Mix]" - 7:38 min
    • "Walk Right Now [John Luongo Instrumental Mix]" - 6:58 min
  • The Jacksons Live - 2009 digital master
    the cardboard Mini-LP edition has 2 CDs to resemble the original Vinyl release
    bonus track:
    "Workin' Day And Night (2008 Live Edit)" - 4:34 min
    this edit was issued on the Japanese THRILLER 25 Singles Collection
  • Victory - 2009 digital master
  • 2300 Jackson Street - 2010 digital master
    (BRAND-NEW and ONLY available as Jewel Case CD)

Korgnex :punk:

But the Legacy rereleases for Thriump / Destiny with those bonus remixes are not really different in volume....

It's an AUDIOPHILE digital remaster which means the dynamics of each song are still intact.

They haven't made everything as loud as possible, but trust me, the sound quality is excellent and it's not comparable with the old CDs.

"Torture" e.g. sounds excellent, you'll hear fine details you cannot even hear on the compilation THE VERY BEST OF THE JACKSONS (2004) because that was a pure loudness remaster, not an audiophile remaster.

:)

QUOTE:

Destiny - 2008 digital master
identical with the "Expanded Edition", also known as "Legacy Edition" or "30th Anniversary Edition"
bonus tracks:

• "Blame It On The Boogie [John Luongo Disco Mix]" - 7:01 min
  • "Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) [John Luongo Disco Mix]" - 8:38 min
Triumph - 2008 digital master
identical with the "Expanded Edition", also known as "Legacy Edition"
bonus tracks:

• "Heartbreak Hotel [Single Edit]" - 4:53 min
  • "Walk Right Now [John Luongo Disco Mix]" - 7:38 min
  • "Walk Right Now [John Luongo Instrumental Mix]" - 6:58 min
So I guess the Japanese will sound the same as the Legacy releases because they used that master I think ? ? ?

OK, so I have to search for the jewelcase release from 2010... because I dislike cardboard sleeve.... They might damage.

are these on sale anywhere in UK? (and not for stupidly expensive prices)... anyone...???

I don't think so and on top of that the Japanese site charges 60 pounds for p&p...

Hey! Thanks for taking time to post all those pictures and useful information.

Regarding external bonuses... they are suppose to give some kind of 'stickers' with first presses, you don't know anything about that? nothing special i guess:D Take a look:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=EICP-1407

Anyway,what site would you suggest buying them from?

Thanks.

so, this is how the sticker looks like:
2re4dmo.jpg

If I knew it before, I'd buy the first press, 'cause I really like this pic of MJ :wub:

Oh my goodness £60.00 for postage, what a blummin rip off, there is no way they weigh that much!

^ to my knowledge only the FIRST PRESSINGS of the JEWEL CASE CDs come with a sticker

Does someone know if the bonus tracks on destiny are the real long versions ?

They are the original John Luongo Mixes, that were simply called "Extended Mix", "Special 12'' Mix" etc. at that time.

I recieved the jewel cases released in Japan in June, but is it ok some jewel cases are a bit thicker then normal???? Why is it??? Is it because the booklet are thicker or what??? Just 4 albums or something....

The Jacksons albums are a bit louder and sounds like they have more body (bass sounds). Also the MJ albums sounds more body compair to the 2001 releases

Last edited:
After all mini LPs in paper sleeve albums, now I couldn't resist but buy all those in jewel cases. The backs of obi strips look really cool:)
SAM_0130.JPG

Back