Japan: Paper Sleeve Reissue CD's (Limited Edition)

First, there were MiniLPs without "Invincible"
SDC16602.JPG

Last week "Invincible" was released
SDC11785.JPG

Now, all The Jacksons album were re-issued:
SDC12423.JPG

I really like those Japanese releases :wub: I put some more pics on my blog
SDC12584.JPG

At least the Japanese Off The Wall has the original front cover from the record and not the one with the legs only that was on the later CDs.

Now, all The Jacksons album were re-issued:
SDC12423.JPG

They were already re-issued in 2009.

This year (2010) they are re-issuing ALL the Jacksons albums INCLUDING "2300 Jackson Street" (in 2009 they dropped this album). They are also re-issuing all the Jacksons albums (even the compilation "The Essential Jacksons") and MJ's albums (except "Blood On The Dance Floor - HIStory In The Mix) in JEWEL CASE this year (2010).

;)

This is how the 2010 Japanese Jewel Case CD re-issue of VICTORY looks like:

06victory2010jewelcases.jpg

How do the Jacksons reissues' sound quality compare to the earlier editions?

^ The quality is perfect, very good digital remastering, no loudness crap. You can finally enjoy the live album, for example listen to "Heartbreak Hotel (Live)", it's amazing!

Here's an overview of when the remastering has been done on each CD:
  • The Jacksons - 2009 digital master
  • Goin' Places - 2009 digital master
  • Destiny - 2008 digital master
    identical with the "Expanded Edition", also known as "Legacy Edition" or "30th Anniversary Edition"
    bonus tracks:
    • "Blame It On The Boogie [John Luongo Disco Mix]" - 7:01 min
    • "Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) [John Luongo Disco Mix]" - 8:38 min
  • Triumph - 2008 digital master
    identical with the "Expanded Edition", also known as "Legacy Edition"
    bonus tracks:
    • "Heartbreak Hotel [Single Edit]" - 4:53 min
    • "Walk Right Now [John Luongo Disco Mix]" - 7:38 min
    • "Walk Right Now [John Luongo Instrumental Mix]" - 6:58 min
  • The Jacksons Live - 2009 digital master
    the cardboard Mini-LP edition has 2 CDs to resemble the original Vinyl release
    bonus track:
    "Workin' Day And Night (2008 Live Edit)" - 4:34 min
    this edit was issued on the Japanese THRILLER 25 Singles Collection
  • Victory - 2009 digital master
  • 2300 Jackson Street - 2010 digital master
    (BRAND-NEW and ONLY available as Jewel Case CD)

Korgnex :punk:

for all the digital remastering, there is no loudness ?
It is very important to know ;)

for all the digital remastering, there is no loudness ?
It is very important to know ;)

I meant it's not just normalizing which makes everything as loud as possible. It's a careful remastering for audiophiles, leaving the dynamics of a song intact.

excellent so !

hope it will be also for the next album

thank you my friend

ps: i am very sad that the jacksons albums haven't been re-released with bonus track ( out takes ) as the 2001 album versions

Last edited:
I meant it's not just normalizing which makes everything as loud as possible. It's a careful remastering for audiophiles, leaving the dynamics of a song intact.

So is the same true of the new Invincible reissue, too, as I've heard people saying the 2001 CD was "too loud"? Or is this 2010 reissue NOT newly remastered?

So is the same true of the new Invincible reissue, too, as I've heard people saying the 2001 CD was "too loud"? Or is this 2010 reissue NOT newly remastered?

Unfortunately INVINCIBLE has the 2001 master. No audiophile master.

I have the original master of "Butterflies" and I plan on leaking it + official cover & poster in high resolution (never been online), check my signature.

I'd say "Invincibles" sound the same... But to be sure, I'll compare both of them and post it here later this day.

Thank you, I'll await your review :)

EDIT: Thanks for the confirmation, Korgnex. I had a feeling it wouldn't be a new remaster...

I have the original master of "Butterflies" and I plan on leaking it + official cover & poster in high resolution (never been online), check my signature.

I look forward to that, particularly as a comparison to the original. Also will be good to finally have some official HQ artwork - been searching for that for 9 years!! lol. :)

So, when it comes to "Invincible" - it seems untouched.
sam0060r.jpg

There are slight few breaks in songs, but there are really hardly to see. Both releases - 2001 and 2010 are just as loud. I compared:
Unbreakable:
6qftcy.jpg

Threatened:
2m4ek5w.jpg

and Speechless:
wwgsxt.jpg

In "Speechless" I guess you can see what was meant in this thread on mjjc (I marked it red)

And now, the real difference you can see f.e. between those two:
sam0068r.jpg

Here's how DSTYGE looks like:
rrmamv.jpg

Wow - thank you for going to so much effort, The Lost Child :)

When I was told Vince was the same in 2001 and 2010, I assumed they had literally used the same pressings of the CDs, but they clearly have pressed a new 2010 batch - the Epic logos are different and some of the track times are a second longer or shorter.

It's all about the details!! lol.

Wow - thank you for going to so much effort, The Lost Child :)

When I was told Vince was the same in 2001 and 2010, I assumed they had literally used the same pressings of the CDs, but they clearly have pressed a new 2010 batch - the Epic logos are different and some of the track times are a second longer or shorter.

It's all about the details!! lol.
Exactly - the cd's are brand new. And even if there are only details - I like it ;)
Happy I could help:)

Are all jewel cases remastered of The Jacksons released now ? ?

Yes, they are
Priced-down reissue from The Jacksons. Part of a eight-album The Jacksons reissue series featuring the albums "Essential Jacksons," "The Jacksons," "Goin' Places," "Destiny," "Triumph," "The Jacksons Live," "Victory" and "2300 Jackson Street." Features 2008 digital remastering.

But the Legacy rereleases for Thriump / Destiny with those bonus remixes are not really different in volume....

Thanks for the info and pictures everyone, they look awesome :)

The Lost Child...i suppose you bought 'first presses', what did they include as external bonus?
Thanks.

The Lost Child...i suppose you bought 'first presses', what did they include as external bonus?
Thanks.
first presses were issued last year, I got mine recently, so I assume they're from the recent press. (Although, on Japan CDs you can always find the date of the pressing, on those there are 2: Y: 09.7.8 and 10.1.7]

When it comes to external bonuses, I guess it's just like with the re-issue from 2008 (?) I'll post them with pics, so you have the look inside ;)
"The Jacksons" and "Goin' Places" are without any bonuses:
SDC12443.JPG
SDC12470.JPG

"Destiny" has 2 extra mixes "Blame It On The Boogie" [John Luongo Disco Mix] and "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)" [John Luongo Disco Mix]
SDC12487.JPG

"Triumph" has 3 extra mixes: "This Place Hotel" [Single Version], "Walk Right Now" [John Luongo Disco Mix], "Walk Right Now" [Instrumental]
SDC12510.JPG

"Live" has extra version of "Workin' Day And Night" (I suppose it's the same mix as from Japanese Thriller Singles Pack, but had no time yet to check it carefully)
SDC12565.JPG

And "Victory" is with original tracklist
SDC12528.JPG

Last edited:
Hey! Thanks for taking time to post all those pictures and useful information.

Regarding external bonuses... they are suppose to give some kind of 'stickers' with first presses, you don't know anything about that? nothing special i guess:D Take a look:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=EICP-1407

Anyway,what site would you suggest buying them from?

Thanks.

^^ I brought mine from cdjapan, I see u know the site well.
Stickers were on jewel cased cds, I got those in paper sleeves. I am also curious about those stickers, that's why I ordered 2300 Jackson Street, but haven't got it yet.
(God, curiosity kill the cat, I know... 2300 Jackson St. is one of those cd's I hardly ever listen to, lol.) I assume, I'll have it this week. As u can see, there are not many left from the first press.

Now I've got the question, has someone all re-issues in jewel case? I saw on sony japan website, that together backs of the cases look just like that:
12612900.jpg

Can anyone confirm that?

Back