Japan: Paper Sleeve Reissue CD's (Limited Edition)

billyworld99

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's cardboard sleeve (mini LP) reissues will be rereleased in answer to requests from fans all over the world. Part of a eleven-album Michael Jackson and The Jacksons cardboard sleeve (mini LP) reissue series featuring the albums "Off The Wall," "Thriller," "Bad," "Dangerous," "HIStory," "The Jacksons," "Goin' Places," "Destiny," "Triumph," "The Jacksons Live," and "Victory."

And remarkably, "Invincible," which was originally released in 2001 as the MJ's last original album, is going to be carboard sleeve (mini LP) reissue for the first time! The sleeve artwork replicates the sleeve design of the US first press edition.

At the same time, MJ's priced-down reissues will be released and almost all of them feature the digital remastering (2001 - 2010). Part of a fourteen-album Michael Jackson and The Jacksons priced-down reissue series featuring the albums "Off The Wall," "Thriller," "BAD," "Dangerous," "HIStory," "Invicible," "Essential Jacksons," "The Jacksons," "Goin' Places," "Destiny," "Triumph," "The Jacksons Live," "Victory," and "2300 Jackson Street."

Cool. The sleeve covers look great and maybe I'm the only one, but I notice Japan handles their CD releases alot better than other countries do, not to mention the sound quality sometimes is superior

but that's just my opinion

Cool. The sleeve covers look great and maybe I'm the only one, but I notice Japan handles their CD releases alot better than other countries do, not to mention the sound quality sometimes is superior

but that's just my opinion

I agree with you on that.

IMO, sound quality was good on the first pressings of Japan cds and also only upon to "Dangerous". But anyway: I love them. I've got the regular Japan albums (sadly all 1st pressings ;)) and I also bought Mini LPs and I missed "Invincible" here - so it's cool, they're gonna release it:)
Japan Cd's are great :)

May 08th, 2010: Japan: Paper Sleeve Reissue CD's (Limited Edition)

mjj_001.jpg

Michael Jackson's cardboard sleeve (mini LP) reissues will be re-released in answer to requests from fans all over the world.

The eleven-album Michael Jackson and The Jacksons cardboard sleeve (mini LP) reissue series feature the following albums: Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, The Jacksons, Goin' Places, Destiny, Triumph, The Jacksons Live, and Victory.

And remarkably, "
Invincible," which was originally released in 2001 as Michael Jackson's last original album, is also part of the carboard sleeve (mini LP) reissue series for the first time. The sleeve artwork replicates the sleeve design of the US first pressing edition.

Also, MJ's priced-down reissues will be released and almost all of them feature the digital remastering (2001 - 2010).

The eleven-album Michael Jackson and The Jacksons cardboard sleeve (mini LP) reissue series feature the following albums: Off The Wall, Thriller, BAD, Dangerous, HIStory, Invicible, Essential Jacksons, The Jacksons, Goin' Places, Destiny, Triumph, The Jacksons Live, Victory, and 2300 Jackson Street.

These reissues are avaiable for a limited time only.

PREORDER AT CD JAPAN

mjjotw.jpg
OFF THE WALL - EICP1194
CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
1 800 Yens (USD 19.66)
June 24, 2010
mjjthriller.jpg
THRILLER - EICP1195
CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
1 800 Yens (USD 19.66)
June 24, 2010
mjjbad.jpg
BAD - EICP1196
CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
1 800 Yens (USD 19.66)
June 24, 2010
mjjdangerous.jpg
DANGEROUS - EICP1197
CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
1 800 Yens (USD 19.66)
June 24, 2010
mjjhistory.jpg
HISTORY - EICP1198
2CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
3 600 Yens (USD 39.32)
June 24, 2010
mjjinvincible.jpg
INVINCIBLE - EICP1359
CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
1 800 Yens (USD 19.66)
June 23, 2010

thejacksons.jpg
THE JACKSONS - EICP1200
CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
1 800 Yens (USD 19.66)
June 24, 2010
goinplaces.jpg
GOIN' PLACES - EICP1201
CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
1 800 Yens (USD 19.66)
June 24, 2010
destiny.jpg
DESTINY - EICP1202
CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
1 800 Yens (USD 19.66)
June 24, 2010
triumph.jpg
TRIUMPH - EICP1203
CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
1 800 Yens (USD 19.66)
June 24, 2010
bestlive.jpg
BEST LIVE - EICP1204
2CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
2600 Yens (USD 28.40)
June 24, 2010
victory.jpg
VICTORY - EICP1206
CD - Limited Release
Paper Sleeve, Reissue
1 800 Yens (USD 19.66)
June 24, 2010

Source : CD JAPAN / MJ street / MJ data bank
This news can be reposted with a credit to MJ data bank

Why does it list The Jacksons Live album as 2 CD? The U.S. release is only one disc. What's on the second disc?

This is great!

ASIS the sleeve artwork replicates the sleeve design of the US first pressing edition. :)

This is great!

ASIS the sleeve artwork replicates the sleeve design of the US first pressing edition. :)

:lol: okay if i remain questioning you guys I will bore you to death. I don't know what first pressing or sleeve artwork mean. So if you could kindly direct me to a link (Tried searching but didn't find any good info) I would greatly appreciate it and actually contribute to this thread. :lol:

cover

:lol: okay if i remain questioning you guys I will bore you to death. I don't know what first pressing or sleeve artwork mean. So if you could kindly direct me to a link (Tried searching but didn't find any good info) I would greatly appreciate it and actually contribute to this thread. :lol:
A paper sleeve means it comes in a cardboard like cover, duplicating a vinyl LP cover, instead of a regular plastic CD case. I'm surprised about 2300 Jackson Street being included. It's been out of print since the original release, at least in the US. Goin' Places is usually hard to find as well.

I got these last year,but was really happy to hear I could add Invincible to the collection. :)

6e6c_12.JPG

f9cb_12.JPG

I am really lost in looking for NEW Japanese re-releases for J5 albums / MJ albums from Motown & The jacksons / MJ albums for EPIC.

As far as I know ALL albums were RE-released in japan in 2009, am I right ? ? ?

I hope I can buy them officially and not through EBAY because they don;t count for MJ sales anymore. Is there a possibility someone on this forum can buy them in an official store for me and ship it to me??? I can pay with PAYPAL. Please PM me about this.

WOW.

I want all of these CD's! - They look GREAT !

I've red @ bol.com that someone said the quality of the lp's is terrible and the cover is indeed scanned in from a vinyl wich as the looks of it doenst look good!

I've red @ bol.com that someone said the quality of the lp's is terrible and the cover is indeed scanned in from a vinyl wich as the looks of it doenst look good!

Not a nice comment, but if it;'s true, it's bad. By the way I am talking about the CD's.....

I got these last year,but was really happy to hear I could add Invincible to the collection. :)

6e6c_12.JPG

For the J5 albums, I have 2001 remastered version and these sound the same to me.... I ordered just the first one to check quality, sounds the same.

MJ estate should release BAD tour on DVD!! instead of repackaging all these CDs.

Back