Jackson Tour to Become Tribute Concert - Madonna To Perform Jackson's Songs

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
It's a "Freddy Mercury The Show Must Go On" type of show and that would have been expected anyway to happen at some time.
One time, broadcast live in the whole world, proceeds to charity.
Not O2 but a full stadium arena.

first of all, i don't agree with Hazlett's article. i think she's envious. there is no BLAME. MJ's life is not a regrettable life. and he should have lived the life he did, cus that's the only way he could produce the music he produced. his life is not something to regret. the people surrounding him are regrettable, but he is not. second...there is no way this 'tribute' will have any of the magic. thirdly, that's right..they don't want to refund the fans. there's no way i'm gunna look at this 'tribute'. my heart is in bad enough shape as it is.

and as far as getting a message out that he wanted out...he already succeded in getting that message out. nobody was able to stop it. and people are benefitting from it.

Has anyone of you even read the report??

I think it would be a great idea to have one tribute show, which features the show, which Michael spent the last 2 to 3 months of his life working on, with the biggest stars in the world taking his place and performing the songs he selected!

They could incorporate the dress rehearsal material into the show and present us Michael's vision! Think back to the Freddie Mercury tribute concerts... his closest friends took his place and performed with Queen and during breaks they showed video footage of Freddie!

If done right, this could be a great thing! And we would get to see what Michael had in store for us!

It's a "Freddy Mercury The Show Must Go On" type of show and that would have been expected anyway to happen at some time.
One time, broadcast live in the whole world, proceeds to charity.
Not O2 but a full stadium arena.
Exactly... but not have some random show... show us how TII was supposed to look like... complete with Michael's dress rehearsal footage!

I personally think this should happen on 13th July at The O2 as this is where the majority of Michael's biggest fans would have been on that night.

OK, you need to think about it properly.

A mixture of artists performing MJ songs will not be a good idea, when Chris Brown performed billie jean and thriller, you just watch and laugh thinking it's nowhere near as good as the king.

A hollogram would be horrendous, it's not Michael and it's a poor idea.

What would be incredible, is the opening night at the o2 dedicated to him. Showing all his songs, videos so the crowd can dance together, with the backing dancers performing on stage what Michael had designed...then the bonus of INTERVIEWS AND FOOTAGE OF THIS IS IT REHEARSALS, on a huge screen, with multiple screens around, showing MICHAEL rehearsing. It would be an amazing tribute but having artists replacing him singing their versions is not what I want to see. Artists performing to promote themselves is for gigs like Summertime Ball, not THIS IS IT.

Main point...michael's this is it footage HAS to be released as well as the NEW ALBUM

OK, you need to think about it properly.

A mixture of artists performing MJ songs will not be a good idea, when Chris Brown performed billie jean and thriller, you just watch and laugh thinking it's nowhere near as good as the king.

A hollogram would be horrendous, it's not Michael and it's a poor idea.

What would be incredible, is the opening night at the o2 dedicated to him. Showing all his songs, videos so the crowd can dance together, with the backing dancers performing on stage what Michael had designed...then the bonus of INTERVIEWS AND FOOTAGE OF THIS IS IT REHEARSALS, on a huge screen, with multiple screens around, showing MICHAEL rehearsing. It would be an amazing tribute but having artists replacing him singing their versions is not what I want to see. Artists performing to promote themselves is for gigs like Summertime Ball, not THIS IS IT.

Main point...michael's this is it footage HAS to be released as well as the NEW ALBUM

Agreed 100%

I agree with that woman. It's a one time event. It doesn't replace the whole tour. It may be the only opportunity to see what Michael had been planning for us. I won't make it so I don't care about tickets, I hope there will be on TV or DVD later. Clearly they don't want to replace Michael, they want to present the show, the message Michael wanted us to recieve.

I personally think this should happen on 13th July at The O2 as this is where the majority of Michael's biggest fans would have been on that night.

They probably wouldn't be able to pull it all together by then.

Nonetheless I just wanted to address this idea that AEG are money hungry and have been unfair to fans.
While I can understand how the rescheduling upset you all, In Michael's passing they have been nothing but respectful. They didnt come out with statements yesterday out of respect in light of the circumstances, and in a heartbeat they agreed to refund tickets, without even evaluating their losses.

AEG were good to michael, putting up millions and being willing to self insure in the face of industry fears, in order to bring michael's show to life...sure there was money involved and they would have made alot from it, but there was an element of humanity there.

AEG havn't been opportunistic at all during these circumstances. Give them a break.

Thats my two cents.
Jeremy.

No No NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Aeg this is a slap in the face to fans to do this. Give the money back. As much money as aeg has. we are not paying for a service that we didn't receive. I don't even want a TII what coulda been show. Each artist can come together or separetely and pay tribute but a TII tribute show will make me sick. I can't believe this. I really can't believe they think we would want that. Do not put this is it tribute show in the same sentence. Just stop it. Disgusting.

Release the dvd rehearsals and just stop the madness already. So much pain already how dare aeg! :cry:

Has anyone of you even read the report??

I think it would be a great idea to have one tribute show, which features the show, which Michael spent the last 2 to 3 months of his life working on, with the biggest stars in the world taking his place and performing the songs he selected!

They could incorporate the dress rehearsal material into the show and present us Michael's vision! Think back to the Freddie Mercury tribute concerts... his closest friends took his place and performed with Queen and during breaks they showed video footage of Freddie!

If done right, this could be a great thing! And we would get to see what Michael had in store for us!

bullshit. someone else can't give us Michael's vision!

and the freddie mercury comparison isn't working either.

have u ever tried to fill a gap by seeing a replacement for the real deal?? i have. it does NOT work.

just leave the TII concerts alone. Thats all i want.

Just have a regular tribute concert...but i just wanna leave MJ's vision untouched...

I Do. Not. want to see a replica of TII.

Show the rehearsals and leave it at that.

I do. not. want to see other people try to recreate what MJ intended. The TII show contained MJ's creativity NOT in the stage sets and stage antics that would have surrounded him...the TII show's creativity would have been in MICHAEL'S PERFORMANCE. Nothing else. The other stuff is just additional.

I dont' care if the rehearsal was half-azzed or what. It would still be a proper glimpse into what he invisioned.

I dont wanna see Madonna or JT or anyone try to fulfill the creativity MJ intended for the show.

Completely agree with this post.

By all means if artists want to a tribute show, then that's fair enough, but no recreating This Is It, just no way.

Is this true. I think it's a brilliant idea. Can we get Prince on this as well.

It would be mad crazy to see him perform Bad on stage, and maybe have Madonna sing In the Closet.

and have Lisa Marie Presley and R. Kelly perform Scream

it'll be bitter sweet, as those songs were suppose to have them in it originally. :(

Last edited:
Can Madonna and all the folks who are trying to get a piece of more fame out of MJ's death disappear just now from the earth.
Go somewhere else. they are disgusting.

I think it's unfair to accuse AEG of anything. They supported Michael in what he wanted in these shows and they stood up for him every time someone had something to say. They showed every possible faith in him and I'm truly grateful for that. He was so happy, you could see that. No amount of money is worth more than that to me. However I don't think this is a dodge of refunds at all. I don't even care at this moment.

As for the concert thing, it's a nice idea if they leave TII alone. I don't want to see anyone other than Michael touch that. It's not theirs to have. Nobody can convey a vision or message like Michael, nobody. It would be an insult to even try. I think it's BS anyway.

THE ONLY ONES I WANT TO SEE,
BE DOING A**TRIBUTE CONCERT IN MICHAEL'S HONOR IS*

ALL THE IMPERSONATORS AROUND THE WORLD,

LIKE, NAVI,E'CAS, DAVID G. J-DEAN,
AND MANY MORE :Yes:

Screw Madonna..

How they mandonna replace mj for the this is it

ahhhhhhhhhhhh im sick to my soul michael i love you babe

they expect us to go see Madona instead of Michael, are they FUCKING KIDDING!!!!

Can Madonna and all the folks who are trying to get a piece of more fame out of MJ's death disappear just now from the earth.
Go somewhere else. they are disgusting.

I Know we are all upset, but come on Madonna is the Queen of pop and does not need any of Michael's fame. Are you guys thoroughly reading the article its 1 tribute show like they did for Freddy at Wembley. I think it would be a nice event to get all MJ's contemporaries to pay tribute to him. Keep his name and music alive. We have to keep his music alive.

Other performers did the 30th Anniversary show. This would be like that, but bigger, more passionate, and more symbolic of the vision michael almost had ready to show the world.

I for one want to keep positive about this.

While I really don't want to even hear other songs at this time knowing that Michael can no longer sing, if this is true and coming from the crew then I think that people need to back off with the criticism. They have suffered an extremely harsh loss because they too were basking in their dreams of performing with Michael and/or helping to construct this massive project that Michael and them were all so proud of and wanted to see come to life.

If anything, they would just want to make sure that everyone gets a chance to see what was created. Reports indicated that the staging was going to be fantastic and at a whole new level. They want his vision to be seen. I don't think anyone can blame them for this.

Hell, if they HAD to do this.......at least make it Prince or something....not Madonna.

Sheesh this is crazy we are even thinking about it.

Back