Jackson family reality show is a go...

ElleBella

Proud Member
The family started filming a reality show earlier this year with A&E, Michael IS NOT apart of the show, but it is about the Jackson 5 comeback. Filming halted once Michael died.

A&E plans to air a Jackson family reality series that will show the late King of Pop's brothers grappling with his sudden death.

Sources told The Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday that Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon had previously filmed an hour-long pilot before Michael's death, and planned to include a climactic reunion with The Gloved One.

But their younger brother never signed on to do it, and passed before they could change his mind.

Insiders say that A&E is moving forward with more episodes that show the Jacksons coping with Michael's death and handling the day-to-day struggles in their own lives.

A deal for the series hasn't been fully ironed out, but the original agreement was for a pilot with provisions for a series, so the show will go on.

The one-hour pilot will air on A&E within the month, likely with a reference at the end that Michael passed away, followed by segments that will be shaped into either 30 or 60-minute episodes.

Danny O'Donovan, who has managed the Jacksons since they left Motown in the late 70s, brokered the TV deal.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...eality_show_series_to_show_them_grapplin.html

I'm really not sure what to make of this. It just doesn't feel...right.

I'm really not sure what to make of this. It just doesn't feel...right.

Yeah, I dunno about it RIGHT NOW. I could have sworn Inside Edition had a story on the reality show almost right after Michael died. It showed a clip of Joe talking to one of the grandkids talking about how Geniveve (sp?) was going to go great places because she's a jackson. Then they kept talking about Michael. And if I remember right, they were talking about a show coming out NEXT YEAR. Now it's within the month....

I can't imagine why they would want a TV crew following them around after Michael passed... I just don't get it.

I can't imagine why they would want a TV crew following them around after Michael passed... I just don't get it.

In Show Biz, the "show must go on". James Brown's son Teddy died in a car wreck in the early 70s, but James didn't cancel his show that night. Arnold Schwarzenegger skipped his father's funeral to participate in a bodybuilding show. Michael Jordan still played after his father was killed. Weird Al's parents both died at the same time, but still did his concert. That's just the way it goes.

Ugh!

Let me guess! Latoya and Jermaine make up 75% of the show??

I'm excited about this. It will be great to see where everyone is at. What's airing was done before Michael died. I don't know about anything else but the special should be interesting.

I can't wait to watch it but I'm probably gonna need some kleenex next to me.

it's KINDA funny though reading first about their excitement about being reunited with the gloved one onstage but then later on it says he never signed to do it!! (michael)..
some reunion..

I'm sooooo NOT feelin' this.

I hope Katherine doesn't allow the kids to be shown or exploited in any way.

What the hell man....or you could first just bury the good man, Michael himself ...first?
So the news story was true about the reality show, that's why MJ wasn't buried yet?Because the bro's are too occupied with it? sigh.....

I'm excited about this. It will be great to see where everyone is at. What's airing was done before Michael died. I don't know about anything else but the special should be interesting.

I agree. It was taped before his death. I will see what it's about before I make any judgments.

What about the kids? I hope for their sake's they're not in it. Michael wouldn't have wanted that.

I do not understand the Jackson family. If this is true... is so ridiculous!​

I can't quite understand them myself sometimes either.

I'd much rather have seen a reality show with Michael instead. Is it just me or does it seem like since Michael announced 'This Is It', his brothers have been doing anything to try and get in the public eye?

I can't quite understand them myself sometimes either.

I'd much rather have seen a reality show with Michael instead. Is it just me or does it seem like since Michael announced 'This Is It', his brothers have been doing anything to try and get in the public eye?
This show started filming before Mike even announced a tour. What's everybody complaining about anyway? I'm pretty sure no one here stops working when someone in their family dies. Janet went right back to the movie set after the funeral. Nobody is saying anything about that.

that's cuz they toldher ass to go back. the faster teh movie is done, the sooner she can come back to cali to see the kids.

n yea, the show was filmed prior to mj even announcing TII so.....but what irks me is they wanna start filming again so they can catch the grief and show the jackson's mourning. and i don't think the kids will be in it. not mj's kids, anywa

This show started filming before Mike even announced a tour. What's everybody complaining about anyway? I'm pretty sure no one here stops working when someone in their family dies. Janet went right back to the movie set after the funeral. Nobody is saying anything about that.

No, I don't mean about this show, I just noticed that after he announced the tour I saw they was doing more interviews. Or maybe I just never took any notice before. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

I do not understand the Jackson family. If this is true... is so ridiculous!​
The a&e program started between january or feburary of this year, and they are finished or finishing up what occured jan 25th was not expected by anyone, the tribute may be included since this happened while they were working on the a&e program already.

They had been working on the a&e program months before michael passed, they have a obligation to finish what they started with the a&e channel.

Back