Jackson Estate Scores Deal on "This is It"

TMZ was doing a live segment. One of the last questions was focused around This Is It, and he stated "This Is It will be huge. You will see people coming out of the woodworks that you never knew were MJ fans. Both the movie and the soundtrack CD are going to sell right out and bring in millions of dollars for the estate. I don't think people realize just how big this whole This Is It event will be. When an artist of this magnitude leaves behind something like this, people are very interested to see the last work they left behind" He then went out and made comparisons with Elvis' last concert. For a guy at TMZ to say this, shows that experts in entertainment agree this movie will be massive. I agree guys, and I have said this all along. From October 20th to the end of the year we are in for more MJ mania. Jackson will sell MILLIONS of albums and earn hundreds of millions of dollars from the movie in these two months. Just wait and see...

Agree, agree agree! xox

Yeah but people have already the greatest hits cd. Do you think they´ll all buy another greatest hits cd because of 1 new track???

I think it will be more than one new single, they must make it special, I want to hear outtacks from the rehearsals, his thoughts into background music or something very special, I think it won't be just another greatest hits album we already have lots of those.

Stop talking about another greatest hits album. That is not what I'm referring to.

A brand new full album, with brand new material, is being worked on alongside the new song that will accompany the This Is It soundtrack. No one has been able to tell me when it is planned for a release, however it is currently in the stages of production.

Stop talking about another greatest hits album. That is not what I'm referring to.

A brand new full album, with brand new material

You´re talking about a brand new studio album but I´m talking about the This is it Soundtrack.
Don´t mix it.

A brand new full album, with brand new material, is being worked on alongside the new song that will accompany the This Is It soundtrack. No one has been able to tell me when it is planned for a release, however it is currently in the stages of production.

I think it should be obvious that the new soundtrack should be about the movie, I strongly believe they won’t’ just make it another greatest hits album, perhaps there will be old songs but remixed or recorded live from the rehearsals because they said they have over 100 hours of filming, not all of that will be used in the movie so they will have something stored for the CD or they will come up with something new and special. It shouldn’t disappoint. I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

I think it should be obvious that the new soundtrack should be about the movie, I strongly believe they won’t’ just make it another greatest hits album, perhaps there will be old songs but remixed or recorded live from the rehearsals because they said they have over 100 hours of filming, not all of that will be used in the movie so they will have something stored for the CD or they will come up with something new and special. It shouldn’t disappoint. I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

That would be awesome!! Please please not another greatest hits album!!

You´re talking about a brand new studio album but I´m talking about the This is it Soundtrack.
Don´t mix it.

No I'm not. I clearly said "Greatest Hits" and "New Studio Album".

I wasn't even referring to anything you said either, so keep to yourself.

No I'm not. I clearly said "Greatest Hits" and "New Studio Album".

I wasn't even referring to anything you said either, so keep to yourself.

The Thread is about the Estate Scores Deal on "This is it" The new album you´re talking about has nothing to do with the This is it project.

A new studio album will not come out 2009!

We have to look forward to:
- This Is It doc
- This Is It LIVE soundtrack with brand new song
- This Is It DVD with extras
- Brand New Studio Album (release date yet to be determined; currently being worked on in studio).

Sounds pretty awesome to me :)

The Thread is about the Estate Scores Deal on "This is it" The new album you´re talking about has nothing to do with the This is it project.

A new studio album will not come out 2009!

That's correct, a new studio album will not come out this year.

^Not really. It's such a tight ship, no one will budge with any info, apart from stating there'll be a new song obviously. Which is something I think is amazing.. can't wait for that :)

Edit: I can say that a round about the same people working on the new song, are also working on producing and mastering the new album (not to be confused with the sound track). In terms of the sound track, one of MJ's good friends is primarily incharge of mixing that which is awesome.

^Not really. It's such a tight ship, no one will budge with any info, apart from stating there'll be a new song obviously. Which is something I think is amazing.. can't wait for that :)

Can´t wait either. Your list is great.

But it would be over the top if we can ad 2 live dvds to your list-Victory Tour DVD and Bad 88 DVD that would be so wonderful if the estate would give green light to these two projects!

Let me give my 2 cents.

We all know Mike liked to mix songs together (They Dont Care About Us/ In The Closet) add sound effects and change parts of the song (ie Dangerous)for live performances. I think it'd be cool if we got a studio album of the This Is It set list with all of the extra edits.

I say this assuming there is not enough quality live versions of the songs from the rehearsal. If there anything like the Dangerous rehearsals, he wont be all out singing.

Either way, im excited for the new song!

If this is true that there will be a soundtrack on the way briilant!

And also if there will be a brand new album on the way...THAY EVEN MORE BRILLANT!! :wild:

The great thing about this is the timing. Releasing the soundtrack to coincide with the movie is genius for sales. Michael's albums are going to sell like hot cakes come late October/November. Trust me.

And the soundtrack is not going to be the same old thing as other greatest hits albums.

JUST IN:NEW INFO ON CD SOUNDTRACK:

Just got an email guys from one of my sources, this isn't in stone yet but it's 99% sure.

-The booklet for the soundtrack CD will contain never before seen photos of Michael Jackson all taken during the last 3 months of his life. They include mostly photos of him rehearsing, in the recording studio, etc. It will be thicker then most, over 25 pages of material!

-The booklet will also contain a poem and/or drawing done by Michael Jackson.

-The booklet will contain a message written by a close friend of Michael's, who I believe is Kenny Ortega (just a guess).

-The CD will contain a brand new song. The song will be released as a global single.

-The CD will have an assortment of songs Jackson planned to perform at the This Is It concert series. Right now decisions are being made as to whether or not to include some live performances of his songs. (AEG has records of Jackson singing some of his songs live). These MAY be included in the CD to offer something new to fans.

This is all i got right now, more to come.

Last edited:
-The CD will have an assortment of songs Jackson planned to perform at the This Is It concert series. Right now decisions are being made as to whether or not to include some live performances of his songs. (AEG has records of Jackson singing some of his songs live). These MAY be included in the CD to offer something new to fans.

Don't live soundtracks usually use recordings from the performance?

2009 The year Michael Jackson Makes Money Money Money for SONY SONY SONY!

Meanwhile back in 2002
vlcsnap-2009-09-15-11h36m25s42.jpg

The man in the picture warned us all.
Remember his words.

Agree 100%! Anyway, I will buy the soundtrack no matter what, and the DVD, and ..
Oh, I feel so sad now all of a sudden but excited too.
He should be here to enjoy the success, it's not fair!

2009 The year Michael Jackson Makes Money Money Money for SONY SONY SONY!

Meanwhile back in 2002
vlcsnap-2009-09-15-11h36m25s42.jpg

The man in the picture warned us all.
Remember his words.

So Sony will produce the new soundtrack ? I sure hope not!!

This is great and all that, Im very happy but ... does this mean we will have this instead of the new album that Michael was gonna release ..

he worked with akon, will.i.am and neyo on many songs there .. will that never see the light of day ?

on a semi related note - see this following videos that shows Michael naming the songs he wrote + recorded but never released. that's a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lywVoQcSg6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XRAmK4DFH0

Now that's enough songs to include on future releases...
I foresee Sony coming with a new greatest hits compilation every year from now 'till 2052 including one of the unreleased songs mentioned in the videos.

I heard Michael confirming the follow unreleased songs:
She's not a girl (demo)
You ain't gonna change nothing
Lucy is in love with Linus
Who is the girl with her hair down?
Lonely man
Going to Rio
Tomboy
Buffalo Bill
Al Capone
Michael McKellar
Thank you for life
Much too soon
Lonely where you go
Who do you know?
You are a liar
Cry
Make a wish (no confimation)
Crack kills
Free
My way
Children's hour (no confirmation)
(A) baby smiles
Sister Sue
Tragedy of a cheerleader
Get around
Little girl
In the valley
Red eye
I forgive you
Why shy
I have this love of me
Lamaloa
California grass
Kentucky
Do you know where your children are?
Bad girl
Lonely bird
People have to make some kind of joke
Love never felt so good
Alright now
Neverland landing
We are the ones
Watch a lie? (co-written with Jermaine)
Fantasy (co-written with Jermaine)
The sky is the limit (co-written with Jermaine)
Saved by the bell (co-written with Jermaine)
Chicago 1945 (co-written)
Make or break (co-written)
Turning? me off (co-written)
Far far way

double post again..sorry..
don't know what's up.

Last edited:
Back