Jackson Estate Scores Deal on "This is It"

xXMJJXx

Proud Member
Posted Sep 17th 2009 5:28PM by TMZ Staff
We've learned lawyers for Michael Jackson's estate went to court today and the probate judge gave permission for them to strike a deal with Sony Music for the production and distribution of a soundtrack album in connection with the "This is It" film release.

Sources say Sony and the estate have reached an agreement.
michael_jackson_getty_52105837_ex.jpg

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0RP8JmsEa

We should all get an album free when we go see it :D

Oh wow!! If this is true...this would be so amazing!!

Don't expect too much new music, it will probably just be 1 new song if any new music at all...

This album has been planned for a long time. It has been legally okayed today. Expect to start hearing news trickle out over the next couple weeks. It will be a race to get it out by October 28th. My sources have told me there will be a new song on the This Is It soundtrack.

TMZ was doing a live segment. One of the last questions was focused around This Is It, and he stated "This Is It will be huge. You will see people coming out of the woodworks that you never knew were MJ fans. Both the movie and the soundtrack CD are going to sell right out and bring in millions of dollars for the estate. I don't think people realize just how big this whole This Is It event will be. When an artist of this magnitude leaves behind something like this, people are very interested to see the last work they left behind" He then went out and made comparisons with Elvis' last concert. For a guy at TMZ to say this, shows that experts in entertainment agree this movie will be massive. I agree guys, and I have said this all along. From October 20th to the end of the year we are in for more MJ mania. Jackson will sell MILLIONS of albums and earn hundreds of millions of dollars from the movie in these two months. Just wait and see...

I hope Michael new song is included on the soundtrack.:clapping:

I wonder how any MJ new songs would sound like? Without him their to help produce the sound of the songs I'm scared! Hopefully they won't get cornball producers to remix one of his songs. They need at least to get people MJ was working with before he passed to get in their and help the sound of the music come a live as closely as MJ would have like because they were there to share is vision of what he wanted which was medody.

So bring in Ne-yo, Will.i.am and Akon because he was working with them before he died and shared his vision with them so maybe they can be the closes to what MJ would have wanted his new cd to sound like....WELL I AT LEAST HOPE SO?

This album has been planned for a long time. It has been legally okayed today. Expect to start hearing news trickle out over the next couple weeks. It will be a race to get it out by October 28th. My sources have told me there will be a new song on the This Is It soundtrack.

John Branca already confirmed in his AP interview that there would be 1 new song on the soundtrack.

I am looking forward to hearing new material from the King.

This will be amazing..:clapping::clapping::clapping:......also kind of sad at the same time..:cry:

John Branca already confirmed in his AP interview that there would be 1 new song on the soundtrack.

I am looking forward to hearing new material from the King.

1 new song???(rolls eyes)...I am sure they can find more than 1 new song...huh,,,:yes:...well I guess I will have to settle for 1 new song...:yes:

What does Soundtrack mean???????????????

Will it be an album with the songs MJ is performing in the movie but not the actual live performance from the movie but the studio version?
For example MJ is rehearsing Human Nature in the movie as we all know and on the soundtrack cd there ´ll be the Human Nature studio recording from the Thriller album.
That would mean the This is it CD will be a another Greatest Hits CD with one bonus Track the new song? Or will there be the actual live performances on the CD-that would mean a whole CD with new songs we´ve never heard at least in this versions.
Any guess`???

soundtrack? does that mean the new mixes or whatever it was that MJ was doing in the studio for the concerts?

and why do tmz and other crappers hav to use the strangest lookin photo they can.. what av they done?he looks wonky with all them shadows!

Because a snippit of "A place with no name" was leaked on line something tells me that it is the new song we will get, but in full?

Branca's been quoted for ages as saying that one new song will be on the sound track.

A full new album is in the works as well. But when it's released is another thing.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mus...ael-jackson-movie-soundtrack-the-goahead.html

“In order for the album to be completed in time to be released simultaneously with the film, Sony must begin work on the album immediately,” Cohen said.

^ The link explains a little more about the timing. It's perfect. The plan is to release this CD on the same day as the movie just like I told you a few weeks back. Genius plan. This is going to be a perfect set up for huge sales, just wait and see. By the way, two sources have confirmed to me many times that a BRAND new song will be on This Is It...The Soundtrack. It is a song Jackson recorded in his final year alive. It has never been heard before, and is not a remake of an old track. It's a great song from what I'm heard...so great that the plans are to release the single globally in October and yes it will chart.

Branca's been quoted for ages as saying that one new song will be on the sound track.

A full new album is in the works as well. But when it's released is another thing.

what does soundtrack mean?
Just the a greatest hits album with the studio versions from the songs people will hear in the movie??

2.Or a real soundtrack with the songs performed in the movie and not the studio versions??

if it´s 1 than it will be another greatest hits cd. And we have so many greatest hits cds-why release another one???

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mus...ael-jackson-movie-soundtrack-the-goahead.html

“In order for the album to be completed in time to be released simultaneously with the film, Sony must begin work on the album immediately,” Cohen said.

^ The link explains a little more about the timing. It's perfect. The plan is to release this CD on the same day as the movie just like I told you a few weeks back. Genius plan. This is going to be a perfect set up for huge sales, just wait and see. By the way, two sources have confirmed to me many times that a BRAND new song will be on This Is It...The Soundtrack. It is a song Jackson recorded in his final year alive. It has never been heard before, and is not a remake of an old track. It's a great song from what I'm heard...so great that the plans are to release the single globally in October and yes it will chart.

can you please explain the "soundtrack" part to me. What does it mean?

And it is landing on the shopping seasons. Yess! :punk:

its like a song for the movie
just like "will you be there" was the soundtrack for the movie "free willy"

I see so the This is it CD will be a another Greatest Hits CD with one new track.

But who is going to buy another greatest hits cd?? There are so many out.

Back