Jackie chan and mj simlarities yes

All i know is that i have lots of respect for Jackie chan, cause he doesn't need a stuntman, he does those stunts himself. And the things he does are dangerous as hell, risky to say the least. I have seen several movies of his...Rumble in the bronx, New police story and so on, great movies. And yep, i have read and seen that the guy has a great heart. He's great for animals and children....well, when a person is like that, not much can go wrong anymore :)

Too bad they didn't meet eachother...but didn't MJ visit the set of Rush Hour...or am i wrong about that?

And was'nt there a time when MJ called Jackie or a cast member from Rush hour and Jackie missed the call. If I remember correctly. My mind is fuzzy from here.

Eh, I respect Jackie though.

yeah and didn't Jackie win an mj item at an auction not to long ago

"Michael Jackson autographed LP sells for $48,000 to actor Jackie Chan (video)

Actor Jackie Chan is a big Michael Jackson fan, so much so that he won the winning bid for an autographed Michael Jackson LP which he purchased for $48,000 dollars. Angela Zang also wanted the LP, but she lost in the intense bid to Chan. The event was a charity auction which raised money for AIDS orphans. (..)
"

Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-704-Pop-Media-Examiner~y2009m11d14-Michael-Jackson-autographed-LP-sells-for-157-million-to-actor-Jackie-Chan-video

There is actually a funny story where Chris Tucker arranged a phone call between Jackie and Michael. Chris wanted to surprise Jackie with it. Unfortunately, Jackie was sleeping and his agent didn't wake him up which upset him when he found out who called. I'm pretty sure both man admired each other.

Jackie posted a message on his website too, after Michael passed. Just in case you don't know.
Lol I remember that story it was cute

I loved Jackie's message after Michael passed because he told the truth

And was'nt there a time when MJ called Jackie or a cast member from Rush hour and Jackie missed the call. If I remember correctly. My mind is fuzzy from here.

Eh, I respect Jackie though.

Yes, I was watching an interview with Jackie and Chris. They were on Jimmy Kimmel (sadly I can't find it on youtube anymore). Chris did his impression of Mike going 'I want to meet Jackie!' And then Jackie told his story about being asleep and being annoyed that he missed Michael's call.

Yeah i'd like to know too.

Yeah, please!
I would like to know, too! :)

EDIT: I FOUND IT!!!

Here it is:

One of the most unforgettable things that happened recently would have to be Michael Jackson’s death. I know Michael Jackson. He once tried to contact me on the phone but I wasn’t able to take his call. When I returned his call, he was too busy. I feel so sad and very regretful. His death has made the whole world very sad and his fans were heartbroken. There have been a lot of news reports about him lately and now that he is gone, I actually think that this might be like a kind of release for him. He won’t be disturbed by anyone anymore, he’ll have no more troubles to worry about, and people won’t criticize him for what he does. Right now, everybody is talking about all his good things and how wonderful he was. Over the past 10 years, I’ve always heard people say bad things about him, making comments about his body, his face, his skin, and many other things. Now that he’s gone, all of a sudden everybody is talking all good things about him and saying that he was an amazing superstar. This is what people are like. So maybe for him, leaving this way would be like a kind of release - like being set free. He was a gifted and talented man, and was very creative. He composed many wonderful songs, sang many songs about peace and harmony, and also did a lot of charity work. I believe that he will go to heaven because he’s done so many good things. I also think that his happiest time should be now because no one is going to say bad things about him anymore. Even if people do talk about him, he wouldn’t be able to hear it. He’s free.

Source: http://www.jackiechan.com/blog/723177--Back-to-Work--Some-Thoughts-About-Michael-Jackson-s-Death

Last edited:
Jackie Chan is a legend. I love him very much. A very creative, loving, caring, funny, hard working man. He deserves much more respect than he gets in my opinion. But I think it's just because a lot of people don't know how versatile he is. He is a martial artist, actor, director, producer, stunt and fight choreographer, singer and a humanitarian. He does it all. Really one of my favorite personalities.

In comparison to Michael: Jackie is like I said a legend. In my opinion the greatest action movie actor ever. Known all around the world but Michael was and is on a complete different level. Michael has been in the media for all of his life and his life was made a living hell. I can't think of any person that had this kind of exposure around the world.
In Asia, I think Jackie is a God. Kinda like Bruce Lee was. If people think of fighting in movies I'm pretty sure the first name they think of is Jackie. But the level of fame Michael has is bigger than Jackie's. Doesn't change the fact that I love him, hehe.

But there are similarities. Both are very creative. I don't need to talk about Michael's creativity. Beyond greatness. But think of it. Just looking at Jackie's fight scenes will let you know how creative he is too. I saw a video where Jackie shows his home or something and he shows a big book where he writes down and keeps all the ideas he gets. And if I remember correctly, it was a lot.

Another, and in my eyes more important, similarity is the love for this planet. Both have donated millions of money for charity, visited orphanages, hospitals, schools and so on. There is a lot of L.O.V.E. and both of their hearts.

There is actually a funny story where Chris Tucker arranged a phone call between Jackie and Michael. Chris wanted to surprise Jackie with it. Unfortunately, Jackie was sleeping and his agent didn't wake him up which upset him when he found out who called. I'm pretty sure both man admired each other.

Jackie posted a message on his website too, after Michael passed. Just in case you don't know.

Great post!! I agree!! I love Jackie!! He's a really sweet and incredible person, like Michael. Of course, Michael was (is) a genius, and very special. Jackie also is special in his own area.

Also Jackie was a very young stuntman in a Bruce Lee movie...Fist of Fury I think.

Yeah, please!
I would like to know, too! :)

EDIT: I FOUND IT!!!

Here it is:

One of the most unforgettable things that happened recently would have to be Michael Jackson’s death. I know Michael Jackson. He once tried to contact me on the phone but I wasn’t able to take his call. When I returned his call, he was too busy. I feel so sad and very regretful. His death has made the whole world very sad and his fans were heartbroken. There have been a lot of news reports about him lately and now that he is gone, I actually think that this might be like a kind of release for him. He won’t be disturbed by anyone anymore, he’ll have no more troubles to worry about, and people won’t criticize him for what he does. Right now, everybody is talking about all his good things and how wonderful he was. Over the past 10 years, I’ve always heard people say bad things about him, making comments about his body, his face, his skin, and many other things. Now that he’s gone, all of a sudden everybody is talking all good things about him and saying that he was an amazing superstar. This is what people are like. So maybe for him, leaving this way would be like a kind of release - like being set free. He was a gifted and talented man, and was very creative. He composed many wonderful songs, sang many songs about peace and harmony, and also did a lot of charity work. I believe that he will go to heaven because he’s done so many good things. I also think that his happiest time should be now because no one is going to say bad things about him anymore. Even if people do talk about him, he wouldn’t be able to hear it. He’s free.

Source: http://www.jackiechan.com/blog/723177--Back-to-Work--Some-Thoughts-About-Michael-Jackson-s-Death

Thanks Estyle.
Those are lovely touching words Jackie wrote about Michael :)
What a shame that the timing of their phone calls meant that they didnt get to speak.
I have watched and enjoyed many Jackie Chan movies!

Thanks Estyle.
Those are lovely touching words Jackie wrote about Michael :)
What a shame that the timing of their phone calls meant that they didnt get to speak.
I have watched and enjoyed many Jackie Chan movies!

Ur welcome! ;)
Yes, me, too!
I'm lovin' his movies and him, too! :)
He always comes up so inviting, friendly and warm. With a smile in his face and very nice - kinda like Will Smith. Always laughing, being happy and stuff... :)

Have any of you seen Jackie Chan's movie "Police Story", which is probably the best film he has ever Acted in, Directed, Choreographed and he even Sang the Soundtrack to it!!!!!

He also does a moonwalk in it!!!!!!!

YESSS I saw it! I adore that movie, great story!

thanks sooo much Estyle, loved what he said about MJ :D

jackie is the man if him and mike teamed up together what would it be on music or movies

I love Jackie Chan and the Rush Hour movies. Still haven't seen the third one yet though. His choreography is awesome. It's too bad he never got to talk to Michael. :( But I loved his positive messages regarding his death.

I love Jackie Chan and the Rush Hour movies. Still haven't seen the third one yet though. His choreography is awesome. It's too bad he never got to talk to Michael. :( But I loved his positive messages regarding his death.

It's surely not the best but definitely worth a watch cuz' it's still great, tho'! ;)

I don't like what he said about MJ. MJ's death a release for him? Then he better go die himself so he could get release too!
There's nothing in common between them.

I don't like what he said about MJ. MJ's death a release for him? Then he better go die himself so he could get release too!

Wow wow..easy now. With all due respect, but please DO read more properly. He said that now that MJ's gone...at least he (MJ) is rid of all the horrible things being said and done to him. Everything as a whole what happened, all the bad things that didn't make the man any happier, THAT is what Jackie means.

And that is what i eventually told friends and family too, i said...as horrible as this is, for his kids ,for his family,friends and fans. He's in heaven now, in peace. So that's some sort of release, you know. I read it again, the whole message. It's very very good, he also talks about how people after his death said nothing but good things, but in the past 10 years, they always had something bad to say about his body,his skin, his ways of doing things..so him saying this is a kind of release, are exactly the right words for it.

This is actually the first message about his passing from someone that really impresses me. ALOT of text, a huge piece...and nothing but good words, this once again shows me that Jackie is a goodhearted person indeed, in many aspects.

Last edited:

I think you should go back on Jackie's page and read the text again, you're missunderstanding something completely here!

Wow wow..easy now. With all due respect, but please DO read more properly. He said that now that MJ's gone...at least he (MJ) is rid of all the horrible things being said and done to him. Everything as a whole what happened, all the bad things that didn't make the man any happier, THAT is what Jackie means.

And that is what i eventually told friends and family too, i said...as horrible as this is, for his kids ,for his family,friends and fans. He's in heaven now, in peace. So that's some sort of release, you know. I read it again, the whole message. It's very very good, he also talks about how people after his death said nothing but good things, but in the past 10 years, they always had something bad to say about his body,his skin, his ways of doing things..so him saying this is a kind of release, are exactly the right words for it.

This is actually the first message about his passing from someone that really impresses me. ALOT of text, a huge piece...and nothing but good words, this once again shows me that Jackie is a goodhearted person indeed, in many aspects.

No more words needed! :)

Back