Is Bad Tour DVD coming out or not?

Or better yet just release the Bad tour on cassette tape! We won't be able to watch anything but we'll still get the audio!

^^ A Sony Walkman! I think I had one in yellow hahaha

Me too. :ninja:

The good old days... It was the time when we needed to press the rewind button and wait in order to repeat a song....

You had a yellow one too? bahahaha

One time I taped 'Give In To Me' onto another cassette over and over again so I wouldn't have to rewind it! :lmao:

Batteries not included

Of course not :lmao:

You had a yellow one too? bahahaha

One time I taped 'Give In To Me' onto another cassette over and over again so I wouldn't have to rewind it! :lmao:

My first copy of Dangerous was a cassette tape duped from a friend's CD. Heehee...

I didn't have money to buy a CD. Was about 11 back then and CD cost a lot more back in the early 90's.

I went to a friend's house and saw Dangerous. I begged her to make me a copy.

My first copy of Dangerous was a cassette tape duped from a friend's CD. Heehee...

I didn't have money to buy a CD. Was about 11 back then and CD cost a lot more back in the early 90's.

I went to a friend's house and saw Dangerous. I begged her to make me a copy.

Yeah, I had Dangerous on cassette first, then got it on CD a few years later...I just had to count on my mom to buy all his albums until I was old enough to afford to buy it myself...Which was the HIStory album and I saved all my money from babysitting to buy it...It was like, $40 back then :bugeyed

Yeah, I had Dangerous on cassette first, then got it on CD a few years later...I just had to count on my mom to buy all his albums until I was old enough to afford to buy it myself...Which was the HIStory album and I saved all my money from babysitting to buy it...It was like, $40 back then :bugeyed

It's an unforgettable experience going to the store and buy HIStory. I still remember the display in HMV... It's huge back then. HUGE...

It's an unforgettable experience going to the store and buy HIStory. I still remember the display in HMV... It's huge back then. HUGE...

Yes, I remember there was an entire wall of the CD's dedicated just to Michael...When I came home to first listen....put those gold CD's in my player...look through that book....And then I heard TDCAU and Earth Song for the first time...Wow....simply mindlbowing....

Arklove;3328343 said:
I still have mine, too....I have the Oprah interview and numerous other old school Michael stuff on VHS...I should hook up my player and watch some stuff...
Do you remember 'Beta' tapes? :lmao:

Arklove;3328440 said:
^^ A Sony Walkman! I think I had one in yellow hahaha

love is magical;3328450 said:
Me too. :ninja:

The good old days... It was the time when we needed to press the rewind button and wait in order to repeat a song....

Arklove;3328625 said:

love is magical;3328816 said:

I´m getting nostalgic here...:girl_sigh: The good old days with the Oprah interview and numerous clips from MJ videos that I had recorded from MTV on VHS. And the C-cassette with Dangerous....:girl_sigh:
I actually happened to have the yellow Sony walkman too, but managed to somehow break the volume buttom at some point and couldnt afford buying a new one, so I had to listen to everything at the same volume as a teenager.:lol:
And yes, it was an absolutely unforgettable experience hearing HIStory for the first time on CD. And looking in the booklet. I still remember that amazing feeling.:happy:
:hijacked: Thread hijacked by the kids from the 80´s...;)

FlyAway;3328899 said:
I´m getting nostalgic here...:girl_sigh: The good old days with the Oprah interview and numerous clips from MJ videos that I had recorded from MTV on VHS. And the C-cassette with Dangerous....:girl_sigh:
I actually happened to have the yellow Sony walkman too, but managed to somehow break the volume buttom at some point and couldnt afford buying a new one, so I had to listen to everything at the same volume as a teenager.:lol:
And yes, it was an absolutely unforgettable experience hearing HIStory for the first time on CD. And looking in the booklet. I still remember that amazing feeling.:happy:
:hijacked: Thread hijacked by the kids from the 80´s...;)

:lmao: :lmao:

Yeah... we are showing our ages here... :ninja:

I also remember how it's like listening the HIStory album for the first time. The design of the album just blew me away. The moment I opened the album, I was impressed by the gold disc and the beautiful booklet.

Scream and YANA got non-stop airplays. Both videos were on heavy rotations. It's an event when Michael Jackson released an album..

:lmao: :lmao:

Yeah... we are showing our ages here... :ninja:

I also remember how it's like listening the HIStory album for the first time. The design of the album just blew me away. The moment I opened the album, I was impressed by the gold disc and the beautiful booklet.

Scream and YANA got non-stop airplays. Both videos were on heavy rotations. It's an event when Michael Jackson released an album..

bah! We're still young! ;) Scream was a HUGE event...I remember it came on our music channel (MuchMusic) at 10 pm..It was a big event...The VJ was so excited for it, and he didn't hesitate to show it; he was practically jumping up and down like a little girl...:lol:

I remember even kids at school were like 'COOL!!! Michael Jackson swore!' :lmao:

I stayed up to watch it with both my parents and my sister....It was always a family affair....:wub:

smooth do you have any info about the release? is it realistic for us to expect a blu ray release?

Well, even it it would be in movie theaters for a while, most MJ fans would start busting some moves and scream and what not which would result in them being kicked out of the theater. :D

There's always someone in the theater who would complain about the smallest things, let alone if you were to start screaming/dancing/moonwalking all over the place.

So true but the thing is u gotta dance & scream when watching mj live on tv. It would be werid not too lol

Thanks a lot for the replies:D Oh, about the big screen version. Maybe we should take matters into our own hands and notify the Estate that it's actually a great idea to release it on the big screen? And not just one night, but a a couple of months. This would make so much money. We must act, I think. I'm dying to see Bad Tour 88/89 at the cinema. Man, that would be the best experience in my life.

Thanks a lot for the replies:D Oh, about the big screen version. Maybe we should take matters into our own hands and notify the Estate that it's actually a great idea to release it on the big screen? And not just one night, but a a couple of months. This would make so much money. We must act, I think. I'm dying to see Bad Tour 88/89 at the cinema. Man, that would be the best experience in my life.

One more thing...WORLDWIDE! We must let the world see how fantastic Michael was during the Bad Tour! But when they put the year 1988, people would go, that's way too old man.

I can't wait to have this, I've been dreaming about it for years. Maybe at some point there's going to be a HIStory official release too, that would be great!:)

The VHS idea was hysterical, thanks for the laughs :D.

Rumour has it it will be released in 2012.

I soooo hope they do NOT release Yokohoma!

L.A. or Wembley - or both - would be great!

There's been rumours about it forever, but every time its 'next year' ... so it never happens. But you gotta assume that it can't be far off. It would indeed be awesome if they put in in select cinemas!

i just hope a bad tour concert will be released in 2012.
wembley or LA.

its time for a new live concert officially released

I think it would be a huge hit if they put BAD in the theaters!! People need to see how it is supposed to be done...
The year doesn't matter. It is timeless. A true classic.
Just like in the movie Field of Dreams "if you build it they will come" Release Bad in theaters and people will go!

There is a whole generation that has never experienced BAD and they need to because Michael is the master at creating magic with his music.

Please MJ estate:timer:

^ Sadly, I have never experienced BAD! I really hope they release it, and in theatres would be the icing on the cake :woohoo:

wembley or LA.

I sure hope it will be one of those two. At least a 1988 show. Mike was on top of his game and we already have a '87 show in pretty descent quality.
If only Sony would finally put some effort in a MJ video project for once! Almost every official video release has been quite dissappointing quality wise. Sony never really put time and money in restoring material too make sure te quality is as good as possible. they just throw anything on DVD. If there really is a show shot on 35mm they should be able to release a high end product.

If you take a look at the Led Zeppelin 2 DVD set... Now that's a quality product! and te source material used for that DVD is way older than the material that is available to Sony. Mike deserves the best!

Back