Is Bad Tour DVD coming out or not?

Raiden

Proud Member
Hi! I can't find the old thread, so I started this one. Does anybody know what the deal is with this Bad Tour 88/89? Will it be released or not? Is it official? I read the old thread about it, but somehow there were no answers (at least I found none). Anyone has any information concerning this? Thanks in advance:)

I haven't heard an official statement from Michael's estate or Sony about a Bad Tour DVD, so I presume there isn't release of the Bad Tour due soon.

The news of a Bad Tour DVD started because someone posted on the "Fan Forum" of michaeljackson.com, that it was being released. This news was never posted on the "News" section on michaeljackson.com and remained on the fan forum. I presume that unofficial post caused many fans to believe there was an official release of the Bad Tour on DVD once the news started to circulate without any link to an official source.

I personally only believe what I hear about new Michael Jackson releases if it's in the "News" section on michaeljackson.com. I sure at some point the Bad Tour will get an official release on DVD (hopefully Blu-ray as well). It's about time the Bad Tour got an official release.

I think it will definetely come out next year since it's the Bad album's 25th anniversary and fans have strongly requested the same in both official and unofficial surveys.

But the question is: Why did they never edit a DVD from the Bad Tour? and the same question for HIStory Tour. We can see everywhere releases of shows from mediocre artists, and we're talking about The King of Pop, it would be a Best Seller all around the world.

Theres someone that attends Michaels Estate meetings who is a member on Maximum-Jackson. I decided to ask a few questions. They told me what goes on in the meetings. The original tracklist for Michael. They said the second half of this year will be dedicated to Off The Wall 30 and the 25th anniversary of Bad will be the second half of 2012 WITH THE RELEASE OF THE BAD TOUR. Shes said shes heard some of the recent songs that Michael recorded in 07-09. People were still sending songs, demos, and outtakes to the estate and stuff like that. There a really nice person and will answer any question you ask.

branca mentioned the above in a interview several months back

Since alot of the shows were shot with film i wonder if there is a chance there will be a blu ray release, or even shown in cinemas? wouldn't that be cool!!

yea and this year is OTW re-issue and the Cirque soundtrack!!

-Dal

Since alot of the shows were shot with film i wonder if there is a chance there will be a blu ray release, or even shown in cinemas? wouldn't that be cool!!

Bad tour 1988 on the big screen? That would be f-ing awesome! Hell if Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber can have their concerts shown in the cinema then i see no reason not to show the greatest tour on earth in the cinema

Yeh to have the bad tour in cinema would be awesome but i doubt that would ever happen. Mainly cuz it is from the 80s and it is old but i would love it if that happened.

Yeh to have the bad tour in cinema would be awesome but i doubt that would ever happen. Mainly cuz it is from the 80s and it is old but i would love it if that happened.

Yeah i mean heaven for bid that something get's shown that's old. Everything must be new new new! Now a days if something is only a month old it's conidered to be old and ancient

Yeah i mean heaven for bid that something get's shown that's old. Everything must be new new new! Now a days if something is only a month old it's conidered to be old and ancient

So true, heck some movies dont even last a month sometimes- lesser than that.

Well, even it it would be in movie theaters for a while, most MJ fans would start busting some moves and scream and what not which would result in them being kicked out of the theater. :D

There's always someone in the theater who would complain about the smallest things, let alone if you were to start screaming/dancing/moonwalking all over the place.

AndreyZidane™;3328193 said:
Well, even it it would be in movie theaters for a while, most MJ fans would start busting some moves and scream and what not which would result in them being kicked out of the theater. :D

There's always someone in the theater who would complain about the smallest things, let alone if you were to start screaming/dancing/moonwalking all over the place.

This would definitely happen :ninja: :lol:

I saw TII 18 times in theatre, a couple times in IMAX. The IMAX screen is amazing. It's crystal clear. Seeing Michael in big screen is priceless.

It'll be my dream come true if BAD tour comes to theatre. May be just do a limited engagement release?

In the mean time, I'll just stay realistic and pray for a Blu-ray release... *keep my finger crossed*

^^ is it even realistic to wait for BluRay? That would be amazing though!

^^IKR. With Sony, even Blu-ray release seems like a dream come true...:(

Most other concerts are released in Blu-ray. Queen's concert in the 80's is released in Blu-ray. There is no reason the BAD tour can't be released in Blu-ray.

I can't wait for them to upgrade the Live in Burharest DVD to Blu-ray!

^^ is there really any other way to watch anything nowadays? BluRay is the way to go....It would be AMAZING to see anything of Mike on BluRay...It would be a slap in the face to NOT do it if it's feasible...

I wouldn't be shocked if Sony decided to release The Bad Tour on VHS

:lmao:

thank god i still have a VHS player at home.

I still have mine, too....I have the Oprah interview and numerous other old school Michael stuff on VHS...I should hook up my player and watch some stuff...
Do you remember 'Beta' tapes? :lmao:

Back