In The Studio With Michael Jackson Release Date Change

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
I heard about this book a few months back, and as I am weary of unauthorized M.J stuff, I was worried this was going to bad. I'm glad it sounds like it won't be.

You can count on Bruce. He has nothing but respect for MJ. It won't be a tabloid book, it will be all about the music and the man.

lol why would you cancel it? Initially it did say it was coming in September, so I just pre-ordered on Amazon it and let it sit. Today I got the email it was shipped and when I looked at the page it now says it's in stock. So they expedited the date.
aw crap. lol, I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to wait until September! And I called amazon like a couple of days ago! lol. I wanted to make sure they didn't take the money out of my account if I wasn't gonna get it soon so I could order it from somewhere else :(

oh well, I guess i should be getting it soon from ebay :yes:

I got it and read like 65 pages in a couple hours ahhah i love it!

It's allll positive stuff about Michael, how dedicated and hard working and polite he is etc., so don't worry. There's like three parts to it, the first part he talks about how they recorded MJ's albums (that part i just finished), the second part is other people talking about experiences with Michael I think, and the last part is about Bruce I beliueve, im not positive though i haven't got through all of it, just skimmed to see what those parts were about. It gets a bit boring at times because he goes into great detail about equipment he used and stuff, so i got lost haha but it's great. He includes some stories with MJ, Quincy and stuff that i've never heard. But yeah I'm only like 65-70 pages into it and I already feel like i got my money's worth haha. If you like like behind the scenes stuff then you'll like this i think.

I want this.

R.I.P. Mike -Gone to soon.

I love you and I miss you, forever.

It's allll positive stuff about Michael, how dedicated and hard working and polite he is etc., so don't worry. There's like three parts to it, the first part he talks about how they recorded MJ's albums (that part i just finished), the second part is other people talking about experiences with Michael I think, and the last part is about Bruce I beliueve, im not positive though i haven't got through all of it, just skimmed to see what those parts were about. It gets a bit boring at times because he goes into great detail about equipment he used and stuff, so i got lost haha but it's great. He includes some stories with MJ, Quincy and stuff that i've never heard. But yeah I'm only like 65-70 pages into it and I already feel like i got my money's worth haha. If you like like behind the scenes stuff then you'll like this i think.

Nice! This is what I've always wanted to learn more about, what instruments they used, the equipment, how the recording sessions were broken-down. I've always dreamed of working with Michael, in a recording studio and him showing me things, stuff he loved to use while recording and the way he went about each session. I'll def. have to get this book. Thanks a lot for the mention.

BTW, I thought that Mike never learned to play the piano....he always wanted to take lessons yet never made it that far. Guess I was wrong, he did have one at NL and the house he was renting so...:)

I have been saying to naysayers for yrs that MJ played the piano :)
I aslo believe he played guitar but have no reference for that as yet ..
except to see him with one on one of his motown albums and also strum
one given as a gift when he was on History tour _ we know whe plays
drums and percusion instruments - well many of us do

- Well, if I remember correctly it says very clearly in the Blood on the Dancefloor booklet that MJ played guitar on Morphine. So if that´s the case you have the proof right there to shut the naysayers up :)

Didn't he used to try and play his fathers guitar when he was young?

I only got to the part that's just starting to talk about the wiz. The only thing that annoys me is that he apparently copied and pasted some of his book to that gearslutz website!!!!!!!!! So some of this stuff I've heard before.

But then again, I'm only on like, page....well I can't remember, but it's very early in the book, lol.
I'm really looking forward to reading the rest though!! :yes:

there was excerpt in a sunday newspaper in the uk, the people/or news of the world - not sure, thats says Bruce talks him michael being on 'drugs' during the thriller recorded sessions...he says he had doctors around and after seeing a doctor his eyes would be wide open etc...

can anyone confirm this...

news of the world (puke)
Thaey are a sister publication of the sUN
AND ALL ARTICLES ARE VERY QUESIONABLE
MANY INNAPROPRIATE ATTACKS ON MJ
Opps sorry for the caps

i know i don't trust tabloids. they seemed to have quotes from the book.

"Bruce, a five-times Grammy award winner who worked with ***** for 30 years, claims the singer was often a drug-fuelled mess when he recorded his hits.

Bruce said: "The doctors would frequently travel with Michael to the recording studio.

"I noticed that Michael's eyes would change after the doctor had been there.

"He would get these big round pupils. It was obvious they had given him something."

Bruce, who who hit the big-time when he co-produced Thriller in 1982, added: "Those doctors were snakes. I didn't like them."

The shocking revelations are further proof that Michael's downward spiral was apparent for YEARS and should have been avoided. Bruce said: "It was sad but it was the doctors got him started on stuff that he shouldn't have had any association with.

"It's terrible. Michael was the greatest guy."

--

i love this bit though, i hope we get to hear it

Bruce says ***** could now be set to release unreleased songs from beyond the grave, including a never-before-heard number called Don't Be Messin' Around.

He said: "I loved that song. To me, it was another Billie Jean - it could have been a huge thing had Michael still been here."

Didn't he used to try and play his fathers guitar when he was young?
Nah, that was Tito (and maybe the other brothers played around with it too.)
The guitar was probably taller than Michael back then. :)

as suspected this book is very much repetition of "Make Music Mine" with a few new tidbits - only a very small part of the book is about MJ and the so called "under the microscope" sections are not much more than the credits from the LP sleeve.

I'm pretty dissapointed, but for those who don't have Make Music Mine, it's a good purchase

"Bruce, a five-times Grammy award winner who worked with ***** for 30 years, claims the singer was often a drug-fuelled mess when he recorded his hits.

Bruce said: "The doctors would frequently travel with Michael to the recording studio.

"He would get these big round pupils. It was obvious they had given him something."

Bruce, who who hit the big-time when he co-produced Thriller in 1982, added: "Those doctors were snakes. I didn't like them."

The shocking revelations are further proof that Michael's downward spiral was apparent for YEARS and should have been avoided. Bruce said: "It was sad but it was the doctors got him started on stuff that he shouldn't have had any association with.

--

Bruce says ***** could now be set to release unreleased songs from beyond the grave, including a never-before-heard number called Don't Be Messin' Around.

He said: "I loved that song. To me, it was another Billie Jean - it could have been a huge thing had Michael still been here."

So these quotes are REALLY from the book or from the tabloids?

This book should be called "Me in the studio - oh, and sometimes Michael Jackson was there too".

Just finished it. I had been REALLY looking forward to it thinking at last a book about how the music was made. Really this is for engineering/production enthusiasts who want to know exactly what mic or cable to use and what mixing desk. Much of it is VERY technical.
There are a few bits about MJ but very little about MJ's contibution to the music.
Very badly edited - a number of typos and grammatical errors, not to mention lots of repetition (both of text and images). Incorrect photo captions (I.e. picture of history tour labelled Bad tour.) All made it feel a bit cobbled together, most likely from his previous book (as other poster said). The book didnt flow very well at all.
I found much more interesting info about MJ in the studio on this forum: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album.html.
Such a shame because we could have had a great insight into how Mike works in the studio and crafts a song. But, there was very little about MJ himself and what we actually got is a book about Bruce and how he works personally (and lots of photos of equiment).
Also, this book has to win the award for most boring cover ever made!!

--

So was this in the book really?

I somehow would be surprised since Bruce said it would be all positive and he always talked of Michael with the biggest respect on the Gearslutz forum.

No none of that was in the book at all!

Yep all typical media nonsense. Bruce only had lovely things to say about Michael in the book.

I received my book from Amazon last week. I have to say despite the fact I got to learn a bit more about Michael working in the studio.

The book didn't tell me much I hadn't heard before, and I was hope to read Michael creative approch to almost ever song he recorded with Bruce Swedian from 1978-2001. Unfortuntaly that's not what you get, you hear about 2 songs per album, and those are told with barely any detail. The say's there are over 100 photographs, but most of them are of tape recorders and mirophones not of Michael, though their are some rare photos of Michael.

If I had read the book in a shop I would easily have remembered everything I need to know and wouldn't have bought the book, as the book is thin on information on Michael's creativity. The book is really for people who are learning or are sound enginers who want to learn from Bruce Swedien as mainly talks about the technical aspects of sound recording such as microphones and mixing desks.

Bruce Swedian say's Michael is the greatest artists he has worked with, and everything in the book is complientary about Michael. He's defintaly along with Miko Brando and Frank Dileo someone who will never say anything bad about Michael.

I received my book from Amazon last week. I have to say despite the fact I got to learn a bit more about Michael working in the studio.

The book didn't tell me much I hadn't heard before, and I was hope to read Michael creative approch to almost ever song he recorded with Bruce Swedian from 1978-2001. Unfortuntaly that's not what you get, you hear about 2 songs per album, and those are told with barely any detail. The say's there are over 100 photographs, but most of them are of tape recorders and mirophones not of Michael, though their are some rare photos of Michael.

If I had read the book in a shop I would easily have remembered everything I need to know and wouldn't have bought the book, as the book is thin on information on Michael's creativity. The book is really for people who are learning or are sound enginers who want to learn from Bruce Swedien as mainly talks about the technical aspects of sound recording such as microphones and mixing desks.

Bruce Swedian say's Michael is the greatest artists he has worked with, and everything in the book is complientary about Michael. He's defintaly along with Miko Brando and Frank Dileo someone who will never say anything bad about Michael.
:yes::yes:

Back