In The Studio With Michael Jackson Release Date Change

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
swedien.png
A new release date has been set for Bruce Swedien's book : In The Studio With Michael Jackson. The book shall now be released July 27.

AMAZON

Saddened by the tragic passing of Michael Jackson, lontgtime friend and legendary sound engineer Bruce Swedien comments the release of the book:

“There might be one or two songs that didn’t make it from each album. But they’re not finished. There aren’t vocals for everything. (...) [One of my favorite songs] is “Don’t Be Messin’ Around.” Michael plays piano on it, and it’s just beautiful. Oh my god, there’s nothing like it.”

Swedien is still grieving over Jackson’s death although they hadn’t worked together in a while. Michael Jackson died owing him money—about a half million dollars. Swedien hasn't filed any lawsuit regarding that matter and is not expected to look for it: “I don’t say anything bad about Michael in my book, it’s nothing but good stuff.

Source: Amazon / Showbiz411 / MJ data bank

Last edited:
Re: In The Studio With Michael Jackson Release Postponed

Was really looking forward to this, but I can understand why he wants it to be postponed.

Is that july 27 '09 or '10?

2009 of course.

Doesn't mean it's being released early? It was slated for release in September, no?

If it was 2010 it would say so. Its been delayed only by a month due to the tragedy.

I'm confused, as far as I know this book was not going be released until September, and Amazon still seems to use that date. Where does it say it's going to be released in July?

Yeah it's been brought forward, not postponed. At least the amazon release is.

it makes sense to bring the release forward, becasue there are going to be tons of utter rubbish books rushed onto the market about our MJ.

And since u can't libal the dead, which means people can now openly write anything they want about MJ, people who had signed confidentiality contracts agreeing to keep their silence about their time around him wil now be able to write anything they want!

expect to see books written by people who only meet him once or twice... "I Was MJ's Milkman" type books, or "I Was MJ's Postman".

But thankfully this Bruce book is gonna be worth every penny and so will some others by those who did have real and genuine relationships with MJ. I hope to God we don't get a Uri Gellar book, but I bet we might.

for those who may be angry at such poor books think of any type books as adding fire to the eternal memory of MJ, and laugh at how successful and popular MJ is now, more than ever!
Don't buy them, buy the good ones!

RIP MJ!

I'm confused, as far as I know this book was not going be released until September, and Amazon still seems to use that date. Where does it say it's going to be released in July?
yeah, amazon still says September (which is where I pre-ordered mine) but the Borders site says July....idk

I can't wait for that to come out. I'll buy it for sure! Swedien is amazing!

Sooooooo

Amazon still says September. Someone let me know when they get it so I can buy it. I'm confused...

Will it be in stores on July 27th or do you have to order it online?

anyone ordered it yet?

Mine shipped today. The book is available as of now.
At first i pre-ordered on amazon. But they never updated the release date. So then I called them a few days ago- and they said that as far as they know, it's coming out in September. So I cancelled my order, lol.
Then I re-ordered it from ebay from some company that apparently has a shipment. And I payed for it so it should be on it's way! I think it was officially out on the 20th

At first i pre-ordered on amazon. But they never updated the release date. So then I called them a few days ago- and they said that as far as they know, it's coming out in September. So I cancelled my order, lol.
Then I re-ordered it from ebay from some company that apparently has a shipment. And I payed for it so it should be on it's way! I think it was officially out on the 20th

lol why would you cancel it? Initially it did say it was coming in September, so I just pre-ordered on Amazon it and let it sit. Today I got the email it was shipped and when I looked at the page it now says it's in stock. So they expedited the date.

I heard about this book a few months back, and as I am weary of unauthorized M.J stuff, I was worried this was going to bad. I'm glad it sounds like it won't be.

I'm hoping it includes stuff like recording dates, info on unreleased material....

thanks.. looks like a good book

Looks like one of the most wonderful books if u love Michael Jackson ingenious music style, i want it so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this guy has recorded and produced and just spending time with the king of creative sounds one on one!!!!!

“There might be one or two songs that didn’t make it from each album.
But they’re not finished. There aren’t vocals for everything. (...)
One of my favorite songs] is “Don’t Be Messin’ Around.”
Michael plays piano on it, and it’s just beautiful.
Oh my god, there’s nothing like it.” Bruce Sweiden

I have been saying to naysayers for yrs that MJ played the piano :)
I aslo believe he played guitar but have no reference for that as yet ..
except to see him with one on one of his motown albums and also strum
one given as a gift when he was on History tour _ we know whe plays
drums and percusion instruments - well many of us do

This is a book I would be most intersted in _ discussing MJs ART
Its the creative process and how Michael worked in the studio
how the beats were chosen_ what they used for sound effect
how many takes it took _ how they put the song togther _ names
of songs we never heard of such as the one mentioned above and
other tid bit of Bruces personal relationship with MJ while creating
music with him _ Thank you Bruce

First book review. See link.

Haven't been to a store today, I wonder if its on the shelves yet?

http://www.insightnews.com/aestheti...-studio-with-michael-jackson-by-bruce-swedien

From the review:

"Secondly, while the first half of “In the Studio with Michael Jackson” has some wonderful stories and delightful little memories of working with The King of Pop, the latter half of this book is often identical (sometimes word-for-word) to the first half.
"

:mello:
I'll be getting it anyway. Hope it's worth it.

Back