In regard to new album and boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to buy it because it's Michael and official merchandise which goes towards the Prince, Paris & Blanket.

I guess Sony's multimedia arm, selling all the DVD/blu-ray's and the dvd/ blu-ray players that they are played on, will have to be the next target of your crusade. That'll work :smilerolleyes:

oh yeah...like they are invincible :rolleyes:

news flash..a lot of companies are in trouble...the economy is busted.

Michael was smart. PPB are set for life.

i don't know why people think it makes any difference whether there is a boycott or not...and why people think MJ is the only one that can be affected, and sony, somehow is impervious to failure...

sony wasn't sony till MJ hit it with Thriller. it's the great music that makes the difference. all the sony techniques in the world mean nothing without great music. it's MJ who is impervious, because HE wrote the music that you cannot resist. NOT sony. MJ and his kids are set, whether there is a boycott or not.

and when MJ against Mottolla, people bought Invincible, because MJ completed that album, and he was ready for it to be heard.

why are there people who keep underestimating Michael Jackson, but overestimating Sony, and yet they say they support him?

why do they keep giving creedence to naysayers over fans?

since when did people who kept saying 'MJ is a hasbeen' were ever right?

why are there people who keep acting like puppets to those who say 'MJ is a hasbeen'? since when did people who say that about him, ever matter? did it ever stop him before?

Last edited:
This has become a broken record. It continues to puzzle me how some people generalize Sony Corporation as one signle devil. Sony, a public company, is owned by thousands of shareholders and is run by a group of hired executives. The particular executive that Michael had issues with is now long gone.

If Sony's intention is to destroy Michael, Sony would never get into the a $200 million record deal with the Estate. This deal pretty much assures the Estate's continued 50% ownership of the Sony/ATV catalog, Michael's most valuable asset beside his own songs.

What happened with Invincible in 2001 was unfortunate and devastating to Michael. Michael had rights to be angry at Sony. But, MJ fans, and even Michael himself, cannot disregard the success Michael had with Sony. Dangerous and HIStory were both huge success. Michael worked with Sony after Invincible. Even Michael himself moved on and got over the whole Invincible episode.

Boycotting Michael's upcoming album is senseless, childish and naive. You don't acheive anything, but diminishing Michael Jackson. As someone pointed out, Sony has many other business divisions, such as TV's, DVD's, movies, cameras, laptops, Playstations, etc... Artists such as Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Sade, Susan Boyles are signed to Sony. So, are we saying MJ fans should not buy any Sony TV or any Beyonce albums?

Why we have no problem with Pepsi, but Sony? At least Sony backed Michael after 1993. I'm not suggesting people to boycott Pepsi. Again, boycotting is childish. Just like Sony, Pepsi is run by a group of hired executives. The particular Pepsi executive who terminated the contract with Michael should be the one we have issues with, not the WHOLE COMPANY.

For those who decide not to buy the album, it's your decision. But, I hope you don't download illegally. Because if you do so, you are just hypocrite and take advantage of Michael's hard works.

Fortunately, 99.9% of Michael Jackson fans think logically and will support the upcoming Sony/Michael Jackson products. Otherwise, This Is It wouldn't be such a huge success. Like it or not, Michael's name is linked to Sony until 2017.

This has become a broken record. It continues to puzzle me how some people generalize Sony Corporation as one signle devil. Sony, a public company, is owned by thousands of shareholders and is run by a group of hired executives. The particular executive that Michael had issues with is now long gone.

If Sony's intention is to destroy Michael, Sony would never get into the a $200 million record deal with the Estate. This deal pretty much assures the Estate's continued 50% ownership of the Sony/ATV catalog, Michael's most valuable asset beside his own songs.

What happened with Invincible in 2001 was unfortunate and devastating to Michael. Michael had rights to be angry at Sony. But, MJ fans, and even Michael himself, cannot disregard the success Michael had with Sony. Dangerous and HIStory were both huge success. Michael worked with Sony after Invincible. Even Michael himself moved on and got over the whole Invincible episode.

Boycotting Michael's upcoming album is senseless, childish and naive. You don't acheive anything, but diminishing Michael Jackson. As someone pointed out, Sony has many other business divisions, such as TV's, DVD's, movies, cameras, laptops, Playstations, etc... Artists such as Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Sade, Susan Boyles are signed to Sony. So, are we saying MJ fans should not buy any Sony TV or any Beyonce albums?

Why we have no problem with Pepsi, but Sony? At least Sony backed Michael after 1993. I'm not suggesting people to boycott Pepsi. Again, boycotting is childish. Just like Sony, Pepsi is run by a group of hired executives. The particular Pepsi executive who terminated the contract with Michael should be the one we have issues with, not the WHOLE COMPANY.

For those who decide not to buy the album, it's your decision. But, I hope you don't download illegally. Because if you do so, you are just hypocrite and take advantage of Michael's hard works.

Fortunately, 99.9% of Michael Jackson fans think logically and will support the upcoming Sony/Michael Jackson products. Otherwise, This Is It wouldn't be such a huge success. Like it or not, Michael's name is linked to Sony until 2017.

NOBODY can diminish Michael, unless his music is of low quality. people have never stopped buying MJ music.

the entire industry is suffering now. thousands of execs mean NOTHING, without a worthy product.

MJ exploded in Motown, then cbs...then turned it into sony he was so big.

MJ's music was the firestarter, not the music label.

if it's the label, then how come so many labels are struggling against internet independents?

and why have so many people been complaining about the price of cds? and why have so many people been complaining about the diminishing quality of music as the reason for diminishing sales?

let's give credit where credit is due...to the music that has actual quality to it.

a label is nothing without the good music.

there is no diminishing Michael. nobody can do it. why? because of his music. people have always bought it..and..whether or not people boycott this album, they're still buying thriller thru invincible...

there is no logical vs. illogical thinking and being naive and childish. namecalling doesn't make your case have worth. it usually means something is lacking in your argument.

you can't sell a mechanical device, if you have nothing worthwhile to play on it.

as for the misinformation people keep giving about t25...that wasn't a new album. with new music. it's a new music issue that MJ had, with sony.

Last edited:
NOBODY can diminish Michael, unless his music is of low quality. people have never stopped buying MJ music.

the entire industry is suffering now. thousands of execs mean NOTHING, without a worthy product.

MJ exploded in Motown, then cbs...then turned it into sony he was so big.

MJ's music was the firestarter, not the music label.

if it's the label, then how come so many labels are struggling against internet independents?

and why have so many people been complaining about the price of cds? and why have so many people been complaining about the diminishing quality of music as the reason for diminishing sales?

let's give credit where credit is due...to the music that has actual quality to it.

a label is nothing without the good music.

there is no diminishing Michael. nobody can do it. why? because of his music. people have always bought it..and..whether or not people boycott this album, they're still buying thriller thru invincible...

there is no logical vs. illogical thinking and being naive and childish. namecalling doesn't make your case have worth. it usually means something is lacking in your argument.

you can't sell a mechanical device, if you have nothing worthwhile to play on it.

It's never my intention to insult people. I'd never call my fellow MJ fans names. I was trying to explain the fact that boycotting Sony is pointless.

But, would you please explain to me why it's okay to buy Thriller through Invincible? But, it's not okay to buy any other upcoming Michael Jackson products? Doesn't Sony realize a profit anyway? When people buy a Michael Jackson album, Sony makes money. Sony, just like all MJ fans, wants to preserve Michael's legacy, at least till 2017.

I agree with you that Sony didn't make Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson made Michael Jaskson. But, we also need to accept the fact that the relationship between Michael and Sony will be continuous until 2017.

Back to quality of music, if the upcoming album turns out to be good, real good, then why would I not show any support to good music?

Boycotting the album is sheer ignorance.

It will ONLY affect Michael and his children. ONLY them. Sony is a huge company - they will and do make their money elsewhere.

It will put more stains on Michael's name and it will tarnish chances of further releases.

It's never my intention to insult people. I'd never call my fellow MJ fans names. I was trying to explain the fact that boycotting Sony is pointless.

But, would you please explain to me why it's okay to buy Thriller through Invincible? But, it's not okay to buy any other upcoming Michael Jackson products? Doesn't Sony realize a profit anyway? When people buy a Michael Jackson album, Sony makes money. Sony, just like all MJ fans, wants to preserve Michael's legacy, at least till 2017.

I agree with you that Sony didn't make Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson made Michael Jaskson. But, we also need to accept the fact that the relationship between Michael and Sony will be continuous until 2017.

Back to quality of music, if the upcoming album turns out to be good, real good, then why would I not show any support to good music?

people think that death somehow changes unfinished music into finished music. it doesn't.

when people bought thriller thru invincible..MJ finished that. he liked the product. he approved of it.

there were people on this board blasing Hold My Hand, just because Akon appeared on it.

the fact is..it wouldn't have leaked if MJ didn't think highly of it. it was a good song.

i was amazed at how people were so critical of leaked music for reasons that didn't resonate. now, all of a sudden, there's not going to be any criticism, just because he's dead?

in honor of MJ, respecting what he did by waiting for it till it was finished, was what was done, while he was here.

then, as far as the single 'This Is It', people were complaining about that song, too. there were people agreeing with Roger Friedman who said that song was 'a snore'.

but the song did well, although it's an OLD song.

what i am saying is this...

nobody can hurt MJ's legacy, even if they boycott.
nobody can hurt MJ's legacy, even if naysayers say 'MJ is a hasbeen because of 'low sales'.

that ship sailed and didn't work against MJ, before, and it won't work now.

so...i am saying, that if there are people who decide to boycott, they aren't hurting PPB.

if you want to buy the album, fine.

but those who don't buy it, are still helping PPB, because, most likely, they and their offspring are still buying MJ's early works.

and then there is the publishing.

MJ took care of his kids.

there is plenty of fans who know that MJ means quality, and they will keep the fire burning of MJ's legacy along with other fans.

giving props to people who might want to find a reason to call MJ a hasbeen, has no grounds for legitimacy.

no matter what happens, MJ's legacy cannot be destroyed.

haven't enough past passed tests proved that?

ya know... I made this thread because im sick of hearing about this boycotting shit on twitter.

If you don't want anything to do with this thread DON'T BOTHER POSTING IN IT! Seems so simple but even the simplest of things are left undone by the simplest people.

if this thread aint worth your time find some other thread that is. Leave mine alone. I don't want you here and you obviously don't want to be in here. So don't waste your time our mine.

are you going to keep making threads so you can verbally bloody people who don't agree with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back