“immortal megamix" the debut track from the new michael jackson album immortal to premiere today

deank93;3525125 said:
MJ is not a chart artist anymore....i used to wait with baited breath back in the day to see what position he entered at but lets be honest it doesn't really matter anymore, there has been nothing left to prove for a very long time.

Just enjoy the remixes and forget chart positions.

i thought posthumous mj would have hits like elvis. boy, was i wrong!

I have a feeling that this album will be a huge hit. Because it is supported by a great touring show, MJ greatest hits on one album. The general public, Cirque fans, regular people who see the show and most of the fans will support and buy this release. ALL the fans should come together this time and make this record #1.

My first reaction after listening to the remix is underwhelmed. I'm never a fan of remix. The only remixes that I truly enjoy are Birchey's Hollywood Tonight re-imagined mix and his Morphine mix. I'll still buy the album, but I'll buy it after I see the show next year. I'm afraid I won't enjoy this soundtrack/remix album unless I see the show first and put it in context. As a stand alone album, I don't see myself reaching out to it, but i guess I'll listen to this if I want to re-live the moment.

BUMPER SNIPPET;3524467 said:
2000 Watts section in this forum is better than 20 bucks for Immortal remixes. However the show is definitely a must.
Average ticket price for the show is more than $100. I do NOT understand how "the show is definitely a must", because it contains a music which is not worth 20 bucks?! :doh:
Do you realize that this album is soundtrack of the Cirque show. Like OnirMJ said "If you listen the deluxe version you get the whole show on 2 cd."

I'll quote John Branca...
Kevin Antunes worked with Jamie King in reimagining Michael's original recordings for the show, as they sync with the visuals onscreen and the live action on stage. The music is incredibly exciting, and it stands on its own as a listening experience. While no one can improve upon Michael's music, these remixes, mashups and enhancements, while intended for the show, give us the chance to hear Michael's music in a new and fresh way. All in all, we think it is a must-have album. My favorite way to listen to the album is from start to finish because it brings back vivid memories of the Immortal show, but I also enjoyed listening to the music before I ever saw the show.

By the way, as far as I noticed the people who SAW the show praise Immortal mixes so... :)

I'll quote Gaz...
Moving onto the to the music I for one could not be more excited to tell you all of the sounds that boomed around for pretty much the whole of the show, the mash ups the mixes the classics and incredibly the live band they were faultless in creating a master peice from start to finnish it is one hell of a musical journey

:)

I'll buy IMMORTAL album and I am sure I'll enjoy it! :yes:

Kikuchiyo;3525198 said:
Average ticket price for the show is more than $100. I do NOT understand how "the show is definitely a must", because it contains a music which is not worth 20 bucks?! :doh:
Do you realize that this album is soundtrack of the Cirque show. Like OnirMJ said "If you listen the deluxe version you get the whole show on 2 cd."

I'll quote John Branca...

By the way, as far as I noticed the people who SAW the show praise Immortal mixes so... :)

I'll quote Gaz...

:)

I'll buy IMMORTAL album and I am sure I'll enjoy it! :yes:

Hello, read what I wrote. The show is a must regarding its performance and I said that the DVD or Blu Ray would be more interesting than the audio cd. Go to the 2000 WATTS section and you'll have so many good remixes that this IMMORTAL remix on CD isn't worthy to pay for. So yes definitely I'd give 100 bucks for the show, but not a cent for the rehashed audio remixes. I got the original albums penned by MJ and official remixes authorized by MJ himself. This IMMORTAL CD isn't anything new really. Sorry to get you down to earth.

that mix was horrible. especially the can you feel it part.
no way im gonna buy this album..
dont know why people are exciting about this. same tracks as always and even badly done..

OnirMJ;3524917 said:
The Immortal is not greatest hits collection and in my opinion it is not classic remix album. It is the soundtrack from the Cirque show. If you listen the deluxe version you get the whole show on 2 cd.

I did not say it's another greatest hits cd, but the remixes of the greatest hits. By the way, in the end it's nothing new actually. You can say that This Is It is not another greatest hits either, but that it's the soundtrack of This Is It movie. Nonetheless, the video This Is It is much more worthy to buy than the soundtrack.

newstarter11;3525133 said:

What hits? What are you referring to? What hit did Elvis have after his death?

His best charting album in 34 years after his death is "ELV1S" (2002), a greatest hits collection peaked at #1 and "2nd to None" (2003), also a greatest hits collection peaked #3.

Michael Jackson in less than 3 years after his death has "This Is It" (2009) peaked #1 and "MICHAEL" (2010) peaked #3.

Also Cirque soundtrack of "Viva Elvis" show peaked at #48 in 2010.

I don't know if he had any new (previously unreleased) singles after he died. Just re-releases and remixes (A Little Less Conversation, Rubberneckin).

billyworld99;3524620 said:
Guys that's just how the music industry works in general pertaining to any artist. the greatest hits are the ones that always sells consistently. do you know how many time motown put out greatest hits or have different artist sing the same songs. of course greatest hits album are targeted more towards the casual fans and gain a new audience listeners

here's are list of complitation albums by different artist
Jay z has 5
The Doors has 26
Celine Dion has 23
Aerosmith has 16
Elton John has 16
The Beach boys has 29
KISS has 16
James Brown has 13
Marvin Gaye has 15
The Jackson5 has 12
Michael has 23
and so on

Have you also considered the studio album to compilation album ratio? I mean most of the above artists have released way more than six albums throughout their respective careers. So, for a casual fan who doesn't own all of the artist albums, a greatest hit album is a good idea. I personally own a couple great hit albums of other artists.

Michael released only six solo albums and one EP during his adult time. I'm not complaining at the relatively few number of albums Michael released. The man was a perfectionist. He took time and effort to craft his albums, that's why each one of them can be considered masterpiece. I'd rather listen to an album from the first track to the last track without skipping than listening to only two songs out of the entire album.

For a fan who own all of his official releases from Diana Ross Presents: the Jackson Five to This Is It, I do feel tired of another compilation album, to be honest. I'm not saying Immortal is another compliation album, it's a soundtrack. I got it. I'm very excited about the show, that for sure. However, this album is more like another souvenir item I'll grab at the Cirque gift shop.

I guess when I see the show live, I can feel better how the producers "amplify" Michael's gorgeous singing voice. This Immortal megamix just doesn't cut it for me.

BUMPER SNIPPET;3525213 said:
Hello, read what I wrote. The show is a must regarding its performance and I said that the DVD or Blu Ray would be more interesting than the audio cd. Go to the 2000 WATTS section and you'll have so many good remixes that this IMMORTAL remix on CD isn't worthy to pay for. So yes definitely I'd give 100 bucks for the show, but not a cent for the rehashed audio remixes. I got the original albums penned by MJ and official remixes authorized by MJ himself. This IMMORTAL CD isn't anything new really. Sorry to get you down to earth.
I'm perfectly aware of what you are saying ...
You're willing to pay $100 to enjoy the show where you will among other things hear/listen almost 2 hours of "rehashed audio remixes", remixes NOT authorized by MJ himself, remixes which are not worth 20 bucks alone, remixes which are not worth owning in audio format!

You have the right to spend the money you earned on whatever you want, and of course I RESPECT your decision to not buy this album, it is an individual choice BUT my opinion is that your choice of words and the intensity of criticism of IMMORTAL soundtrack say more about YOU than about the album you're critiquing.

Last edited:
over eight thousand of causal fans loved the megamix they were sharing all over their facebook page so i think the majority the cirque sales is going to come from the them and those who love cirque. this is it was another greatest hits album but it reached #1 and sold over 6 million worldwide

Kikuchiyo;3525274 said:
You're willing to pay $100 to enjoy the show where you will among other things hear/listen almost 2 hours of "rehashed audio remixes", remixes NOT authorized by MJ himself, remixes which are not worth 20 bucks alone, remixes which are not worth owning in audio format!

You have the right to spend the money you earned on whatever you want, and of course I RESPECT your decision to not buy this album, it is an individual choice BUT my opinion is that your choice of words and the intensity of criticism of IMMORTAL soundtrack say more about YOU than about the album you're critiquing.

About me????? What the hell did I say about myself? All I am saying is that YES for the show. YES for the DVD or blu-ray. But no to give money to for the CD because they're ust remixes. I never said they were good or bad. If I did quote me! I listent to MJ every day and rehash it enough at hoime, why would I pay for more remixes of the songs that I have in original format and with various remixes.

My idea was rather if there is a CD to accompany the show, why not give them out for free to promote the show? Why milk us again with hits we already have? You completely misunderstood my critique and telling me that my comment is about me clearly indicates that you have something personal against me instead of reading what I wrote.

Tell me that it isn't true that in the past years all we had were the best of albums? Telle me you considered the THIS IS IT album as a soundtrack of THIS IS IT movie and not yet another BEST OF. It is not about me. Why didn't we have then the live soundtrack as in the movie? Why don't we have a soundtrack of the movie MOONWALKER? etc.? Now for every show, performance we have soundtracks and best ofs. It's just too much compared to what MJ penned!

Thank You Kikuchiyo! IMO you are completely right!

I think it's great because it's so different from what remixes usually are: the acapella of a track over a club-worthy (and often headache-inducing) beat. This megamix singles out aspects of the songs we love so much and lets us hear them clearer: the background vocals on Billie Jean, the acoustic guitar strum and electric guitar riff of Black Or White all on their own... it's awesome! They're more like alternate versions than remixes, I love it.

Don't view this album as a bunch of cheap remixes and a cash in on MJ's legacy. View it as the chance to hear the different parts of the songs we know so well in entirely new ways (I personally never thought we'd hear Black Or White's guitar all on its own with no background beat, yet here we are).

:shifty:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Ashtanga;3526076 said:
My reaction was the same while I was reading this thread.
By the way I like the new remix

Michael Jackson Immortal Megamix is NOW available in iTunes!!!

I just pre-ordered the entire deluxe album on iTunes - And bought the Immortal Megamix!!

OnirMJ;3525230 said:
What hits? What are you referring to? What hit did Elvis have after his death?

His best charting album in 34 years after his death is "ELV1S" (2002), a greatest hits collection peaked at #1 and "2nd to None" (2003), also a greatest hits collection peaked #3.

Michael Jackson in less than 3 years after his death has "This Is It" (2009) peaked #1 and "MICHAEL" (2010) peaked #3.

Also Cirque soundtrack of "Viva Elvis" show peaked at #48 in 2010.

I don't know if he had any new (previously unreleased) singles after he died. Just re-releases and remixes (A Little Less Conversation, Rubberneckin).

elvis had "a little less conversation" reach uk number 1 in 2001-2. i thought "hollywood tonight" and "hold my hand" would smash but they didn't.

newstarter11;3526795 said:
elvis had "a little less conversation" reach uk number 1 in 2001-2. i thought "hollywood tonight" and "hold my hand" would smash but they didn't.

a little less conversation was originally released in 1968. a remix of the song by Junkie XL was released as a single in 2002, the single became a world-wide hit. But it peaked at #69 in US.

That was a remix of already released song, not new song! And it happened 25 years after his death. It has been only 2 years since MJ died. Maybe 25 years from now some remix of Smooth Criminal or Thriller or any other song will become world-wide hit and top the charts.

Michael Jackson Immortal Megamix is NOW available in iTunes!!!

I just pre-ordered the entire deluxe album on iTunes - And bought the Immortal Megamix!!

I can't find the Immortal Megamix on itunes. Does it depend which country you are in?

^
Yes, unfortunately it depends on the country.
In the UK & Germany it does not work. I think until now you can only get the megamix in the US.

newstarter11;3526795 said:
Hollywood Tonight hit #1 in the Billboard charts

ADKIc3mAnX;3527864 said:
Hollywood Tonight hit #1 in the Billboard charts
Yes, but "Hollywood Tonight" was #1 on Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart, not Billboard Hot 100 which is main songs chart.

But when "Hold My Hand" entered Top 40 on Billboard Hot 100 in January 2011, Michael Jackson rewrote the history books once again, he broke the record of the longest span of top 40 hits in the Hot 100's history, 39 years and 2 months between his first solo Top 40 single "Got To Be There" in November 1971 and currently last "Hold My Hand". The record is even more impressive when you add his first Top 40 single "I Want You Back" with The Jackson 5 in late 1969.
Also even more impressive, when "Hold My Hand" entered Top 40 Michael Jackson became the first and only artist in the history with Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 in a six different decades (in the '60s as a member of The Jackson 5, and in the '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s and '10s as a solo artist). :bow:

Last edited:
Kikuchiyo;3527919 said:
Yes, but "Hollywood Tonight" was #1 on Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart, not Billboard Hot 100 which is main songs chart.

But when "Hold My Hand" entered Top 40 on Billboard Hot 100 in January 2011, Michael Jackson rewrote the history books once again, he broke the record of the longest span of top 40 hits in the Hot 100's history, 39 years and 2 months between his first solo Top 40 single "Got To Be There" in November 1971 and currently last "Hold My Hand". The record is even more impressive when you add his first Top 40 single "I Want You Back" with The Jackson 5 in late 1969.
Also even more impressive, when "Hold My Hand" entered Top 40 Michael Jackson became the first and only artist in the history with Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 in a six different decades (in the '60s as a member of The Jackson 5, and in the '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s and '10s as a solo artist). :bow:

Holy cow!!

AMAZING!!!

newstarter11;3525133 said:

I don't think Elvis is so much of a chart artist either. He had a hit with a "Little less conversation" remix in Europe some 25 years after his death. Big deal. I think maybe for the general public MJ overexposed a bit in the past 2 years. The climate may be different in 5, 10, 20 years for him.

I think we cannot expect Michael to have hits from now on every year or every couple of years. That's irrealistic. Posthumus careers don't work like that.

Elvis was mentioned but I checked Elvis's Wikipedia page and it shows before a "Little less conversation" he hasn't had a hit single basically since his death. (Before that the last single that charted from him was "Guitar Man" in 1981 which peaked at Nr 28 in the US and Nr. 43 in the UK.) Before a 30 anniversary compilation album ("ELV1S: 30 #1 Hits") in 2002 he hasn't had an album out since 1977!

Also the Beatles: their first really well selling album after Lennon's death was Anthology in 1995. Now they are a big hit again.

We might have entered in the phase where after the post-death hype and sales the general public is starting to be tired of hearing about Michael. It was expected. You cannot keep up a hype forever. The response to Michael's death was enormous - the Internet crashed, his sales sky-rocketed - but it was inevitable that this hype will wear down and indeed it will leave the general public feel tired of him for a couple of years. Michael was clever, Michael knew that over-exposure was not good - and this is exactly why he managed his career the way he did: he released albums only about every 5 years etc. In the last two years we had the post-death hype, the Michael album (with all it's controversy), a long stream of books, documentaries, now the Murray trial. Imagine that you are not an MJ fan: eventually you become fed up with hearing from him.

You didn't hear much about Elvis in the 80s or 90s either. Now he is starting to produce hit albums ("ELV1S: 30 #1 Hits" in 2002) and hit singles ("Little less conversation") again. Occasionally. Eventually there will come a climate that will be good for Michael again. But now we probably enter in the phase where the general public feels he's been over-exposed. There are only so many ways you can sell Beat it or Billie Jean or the number of "Best of" albums and remixes.

Last edited:
Back