“immortal megamix" the debut track from the new michael jackson album immortal to premiere today

I listened Immortal mix in youtube.. I don't like most mixes in general. And here as well. I liked originals better.. Not excited at all about this immortal thing..

Last edited:
I'll support this album!!!
2 me it's not just another Greatest Hits.
It's something fresh & definitely can be enjoyed on different occasions.

Of course nothing is better than the Originals. I think we all would agree on that. But thats not the aim of this release.

One thing: I thought IMMORTAL MEGA MIX had a lenght of over 9 min???

(19. Immortal Megamix: Can You Feel It/Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough/Billie Jean/Black Or White (Immortal Version) The Jacksons;Michael Jackson 9:09)

Last edited:
A casual MJ fan would love this. I've heard these songs hundreds of times and prefer the originals.

2000 Watts section in this forum is better than 20 bucks for Immortal remixes. However the show is definitely a must. If the Blu Ray is released that'd be much more interesting.

LLCz;3524464 said:
A casual MJ fan would love this. I've heard these songs hundreds of times and prefer the originals.

Agreed.

Bit of a disapointment for me but, I think if you have been at the show it's probably better

MJJuniorSinceMW;3524462 said:
I'll support this album!!!
2 me it's not just another Greatest Hits.
It's something fresh & definitely can be enjoyed on different occasions.

Of course nothing is better than the Originals. I think we all would agree on that. But thats not the aim of this release.

One thing: I thought IMMORTAL MEGA MIX had a lenght of over 9 min???

(19. Immortal Megamix: Can You Feel It/Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough/Billie Jean/Black Or White (Immortal Version) The Jacksons;Michael Jackson 9:09)

Should think it is an edited version.

Theres bits cut out from the live version, so it probably is cut abit :)

Deniro UK;3524515 said:
Theres bits cut out from the live version, so it probably is cut abit :)

It's only half the length of the album version. I guess they don't wanna put the full version out so that people will still buy the album. Also, maybe they will use this version for the radio?

Guys that's just how the music industry works in general pertaining to any artist. the greatest hits are the ones that always sells consistently. do you know how many time motown put out greatest hits or have different artist sing the same songs. of course greatest hits album are targeted more towards the casual fans and gain a new audience listeners

here's are list of complitation albums by different artist
Jay z has 5
The Doors has 26
Celine Dion has 23
Aerosmith has 16
Elton John has 16
The Beach boys has 29
KISS has 16
James Brown has 13
Marvin Gaye has 15
The Jackson5 has 12
Michael has 23
and so on

I like it! The Immortal album is IMO by far the best posthumous release yet.

Last edited:
I saw the show last week and I can't wait to get the cd when it comes out.

This is just a small remix then?

The one on the actual album will be longer or??

MJJuniorSinceMW;3524754 said:
Yes Hess ;)

To my knowledge the original lenght is 9:09 min.

Great, can't wait to hear the other songs.

I saw the show and I can't wait to relive it when I listen to this. Can't wait!

No doubt I will support this album too !!!

BUMPER SNIPPET;3524304 said:
I think that Michael Jackson is the only artist in the world that has more best of albums than actual albums (which already were practically best-ofs)

The only worthy best of is the Ultimate Collection and maybe Visionary dvds, all the rest is rehash of the rehash of the rehash! For real, what a shame!

-Michael Jackson History CD1
HISTORYGH.jpg

-Michael Jackson The Essential

Michael-Jackson-Essential-Michael-Jackson.jpg

Michael Jackson - Number Ones
mwflol.jpg

Michael Jackson - The King Of Pop
MichaelJacksonKingOfPopUK.jpg
michael+jackson+king+of+pop+german+edition.jpg

Michael Jackson - This Is It

212489449.jpg

And now the long awaited remix of all above! Yeah! Woohoo!

Michael Jackson - The Immortal:

Immortal-CD-111003.jpg

The Immortal is not greatest hits collection and in my opinion it is not classic remix album. It is the soundtrack from the Cirque show. If you listen the deluxe version you get the whole show on 2 cd.

I was pumped to hear this remix, and i plan on buying the album.
I listened to it...and was dissapointed. the "Can you feel its" arent very powerful and idk the best part was "Billie jean is not my lover, billie jean is not my lover"

I dont feel it. i hope the best is yet to come.

>>already standing in a queue to the music shop<<
What I can observe here is an unusual shift of opinion from bashing to enthusiasm.
Why not give Michael a little credit? Have faith, brothers and sisters.
Another remix. Yeah. Think why. The man is no longer alive. He cannot record anything new for God's sake! Isn't his legacy enough?

godena;3524987 said:
>>already standing in a queue to the music shop<<
What I can observe here is an unusual shift of opinion from bashing to enthusiasm.
Why not give Michael a little credit? Have faith, brothers and sisters.
Another remix. Yeah. Think why. The man is no longer alive. He cannot record anything new for God's sake! Isn't his legacy enough?

THANK YOU so much for stating this.

Its time some fans come to grips that nothing will be the same anymore, when Michael passed, alot went with him. So all I ask is that fans just give what is released a chance and hold back on the negativity.

I listened to the remix and I like it, I'll support the album release.

I saw the show and loved the music they remix :) I will definitely support the album

Plus, no one says its gonna be better than the original versions. Its just a different way to listen to the songs. The show sounds totally AMAZING. I don't get to see the show, so I want it blasting at my house. I also wanna suport it. That's why I'll buy.
And if I'd have the chance to see the show, then i'd buy it to have the chance to listen to it every time I want again. And to support Michael's legacy. This is NOT another remix album, is the soundtrack to the show that honors his legacy, amazingly. I don't see a downside.

OnirMJ;3524192 said:
I don't understand why they keep releasing new songs via stream on michaeljackson.com (Breaking News, Hold My Hand, the whole MICHAEL album and now Immortal Megamix). Many people will just listen the song free on stream and not buy it. That is wrong tactic for good chart position.

MJ is not a chart artist anymore....i used to wait with baited breath back in the day to see what position he entered at but lets be honest it doesn't really matter anymore, there has been nothing left to prove for a very long time.

Just enjoy the remixes and forget chart positions.

eugh the only goods parts where billie jean and the end of black or white.

after loving the beatles' love album- this is so disappointing. where the hell did the random non-billie jean/non-bow beat come from? at least everything off the beatles cirque du soleil soundtrack (except an orchestral arrangement george martin wrote onto an acoustic demo) came from the beatles' tapes.

horrible record scratching too- is this necessary?

Back