“immortal megamix" the debut track from the new michael jackson album immortal to premiere today

mkgenie

Proud Member
“IMMORTAL MEGAMIX" THE DEBUT TRACK FROM THE NEW MICHAEL JACKSON ALBUM IMMORTAL TO PREMIERE TODAY

“IMMORTAL MEGAMIX” WILL ALSO BE STREAMED ON MICHAELJACKSON.COM

IMMORTAL SET FOR RELEASE ON NOVEMBER 21

New York, NY – At 11:00 AM EST today, October 31st the debut track from the upcoming Michael Jackson album, IMMORTAL, entitled "Immortal Megamix", will be unveiled to the world on www.AOL.com. The track is comprised of four of Michael’s greatest hits redesigned and re-imagined as never before. Included in the unique mix are “Can You Feel It,” “Don't Stop ‘Til You Get Enough,” “Billie Jean,” and “Black Or White.” “Immortal Megamix” is a show-stopping highlight of the Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour show and a showcased track on Michael’s forthcoming Epic Records release, IMMORTAL.

Following the premiere on AOL, the “Immortal Megamix” will be available to stream at www.MichaelJackson.com and on Michael Jackson’s Facebook page.

Starting tomorrow Tuesday, November 1st, IMMORTAL will be available for pre-order on iTunes in both the deluxe double disc and single disc edition. Upon completion of a pre-order for the deluxe double disc edition, "Immortal Megamix" will be downloaded instantly.

On November 21, Epic Records in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release IMMORTAL – the highly anticipated soundtrack for Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour. IMMORTAL will be released as both a deluxe double disc edition and single disc.

Esteemed musical designer, Kevin Antunes, worked with Jamie King, the writer/director of the Immortal show, in redesigning and reimagining more than 40 of Michael Jackson’s greatest original recordings to synch with the visuals on screen and the live action on stage. After spending a year in the studio working with Michael’s original multi-track master recordings, Kevin created a new soundscape to Michael’s artistry while preserving the power and familiarity of his unparalleled voice and his legendary tracks.

Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour includes over 100 minutes of Michael's original recordings reimagined for Cirque du Soleil. Placing all of this incredible music onto a single disc proved impossible hence the single disc edition which is jam-packed with nearly 78 minutes of highlights and the double disc edition which offers listeners the opportunity to enjoy music from the Immortal show from start to finish as it is experienced during the performance of the show.

To pre-order IMMORTAL, and view footage from Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour please visit www.MichaelJackson.com

IMMORTAL DELUXE ALBUM TRACKLISTING:

Deluxe Disc 1:
1. Workin’ Day And Night (Immortal Version)
2. The Immortal Intro (Immortal Version)
3. Childhood (Immortal Version)
4. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ (Immortal Version)
5. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) (Immortal Version)
6. Dancing Machine/Blame It On The Boogie (Immortal Version)
7. Ben (Immortal Version)
8. This Place Hotel (Immortal Version)
9. Smooth Criminal (Immortal Version)
10. Dangerous (Immortal Version)
11. The Mime Segment: (I Like) The Way You Love Me/Speed Demon/Another Part Of Me (Immortal Version)
12. The Jackson 5 Medley (Immortal Version)
13. Speechless/Human Nature (Immortal Version)
14. Is It Scary/Threatened (Immortal Version)
15. Thriller (Immortal Version)

Deluxe Disc 2:
1. You Are Not Alone/I Just Can't Stop Loving You (Immortal Version)
2. Beat It/State Of Shock (Immortal Version)
3. Jam (Immortal Version)
4. Planet Earth/Earth Song (Immortal Version)
5. Scream/Little Susie (Immortal Version)
6. Gone Too Soon (Immortal Version)
7. They Don't Care About Us (Immortal Version)
8. Will You Be There (Immortal Version)
9. I’ll Be There (Immortal Version)
10. Immortal Megamix: Can You Feel It/Don't Stop ‘Til You Get Enough/Billie Jean/Black Or White (Immortal Version)
11. Man In The Mirror (Immortal Version)
12. Remember The Time/Bad (Immortal Version)

IMMORTAL SINGLE ALBUM TRACKLISTING:

1. Workin’ Day And Night (Immortal Version)
2. The Immortal Intro (Immortal Version)
3. Childhood (Immortal Version)
4. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ (Immortal Version)
5. Dancing Machine/Blame It On The Boogie (Immortal Version)
6. This Place Hotel (Immortal Version)
7. Smooth Criminal (Immortal Version)
8. Dangerous (Immortal Version)
9. The Jackson 5 Medley (Immortal Version)
10. Speechless/Human Nature (Immortal Version)
11. Is It Scary/Threatened (Immortal Version)
12. Thriller (Immortal Version)
13. You Are Not Alone/I Just Can't Stop Loving You (Immortal Version)
14. Beat It/State Of Shock (Immortal Version)
15. Jam (Immortal Version)
16. Planet Earth/Earth Song (Immortal Version)
17. They Don't Care About Us (Immortal Version)
18. I’ll Be There (Immortal Version)
19. Immortal Megamix: Can You Feel It/Don't Stop ‘Til You Get Enough/Billie Jean/Black Or White (Immortal Version)
20. Man In The Mirror (Immortal Version

Last edited:
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011
To: Jeff Jampol
Subject: November 21 Immortal Album Release

Dear Jeff,

I wanted to write you personally to share our enthusiasm for the Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour and the upcoming Immortal soundtrack album.
I'm very appreciative that a number of Michael’s fans were able to come to Montreal to see the rehearsals and share in the creation of this wonderful new show. The show has only gotten better since then, and the reviews have been extremely positive, as Michael deserves.

What also excites me is the opportunity it provides for those just discovering Michael for the first time. As much as Immortal is for Michael Jackson fans, it offers new fans a magical journey into Michael's music, his dance and his compassion for others. The show's creative team, led by writer/director Jamie King, have done a masterful job of weaving Michael’s songs, choreography, videos, voice, and, most important, Michael's spirit into this experience.

The Immortal soundtrack album will be released on November 21. Kevin Antunes worked with Jamie King in reimagining Michael's original recordings for the show, as they sync with the visuals onscreen and the live action on stage. The music is incredibly exciting, and it stands on its own as a listening experience. While no one can improve upon Michael's music, these remixes, mashups and enhancements, while intended for the show, give us the chance to hear Michael's music in a new and fresh way. All in all, we think it is a must-have album. My favorite way to listen to the album is from start to finish because it brings back vivid memories of the Immortal show, but I also enjoyed listening to the music before I ever saw the show.

The physical album is available for pre-order now. The digital album will be available for pre-order on iTunes on Tuesday, and people who pre-order the deluxe version of the digital album will be able to download the Mega Mix single immediately. This will be everyone's chance to hear one of the show-stopping highlights from Immortal, and begin to understand how incredible this album really is. The single track will also be available for purchase.

Because we all love Michael and believe that he is the greatest artist of all time, we want to encourage Michael’s fans to unite in a worldwide campaign to support this album during its first week of release – November 21-28. We are asking for everyone to help the album debut as high as possible on charts around the world.

This is for Michael – he deserves it!

John

I don't understand why they keep releasing new songs via stream on michaeljackson.com (Breaking News, Hold My Hand, the whole MICHAEL album and now Immortal Megamix). Many people will just listen the song free on stream and not buy it. That is wrong tactic for good chart position.

OnirMJ;3524192 said:
I don't understand why they keep releasing new songs via stream on michaeljackson.com (Breaking News, Hold My Hand, the whole MICHAEL album and now Immortal Megamix). Many people will just listen the song free on stream and not buy it. That is wrong tactic for good chart position.
Ahem, the wrong tactic was the tracklist... *cough*

Justice_MJ;3524194 said:
Ahem, the wrong tactic was the tracklist... *cough*

I am not sure if you've seen the show or not, but The track listing is a great representation of the Cirque show.

It's only the song that will stream not the whole album. And the song is given away for free when you pre-order the album on iTunes.

I don't get that new promotion tactic either, but most artists stream songs online now.

Last edited:
Not as exciting as a brand new single would be but still looking forward to hearing this remix.

I love it but hate how it's only tied to itunes. I pre-ordered from Amazon. Where's my free megamix? :(

Yeah! One more CD with songs that we've never heard before!

The Immortal Megamix is Track 10 of the Deluxe disc 2, right? So, if I buy the physical CD, I'll get it anyway. It's not some iTune exclusive, is it?

It's a nice remix. But I am not really into remix's.
I am looking more forward to the other tracks that are not remix's. :)

At the end of "Black and White" in the remix, there's a snippet I've never heard before, ("Cuz we're all the same") I'm actually really looking forward to the album, getting little outtakes like this within the music. While it really is technically only a remix album, I think it's a great way to show Thriller/Bad era fans into Michael's HIStory work. There are way too many people who say they appreciate Michael's music, yet they've never listened to Earth Song. :O

I think that Michael Jackson is the only artist in the world that has more best of albums than actual albums (which already were practically best-ofs)

The only worthy best of is the Ultimate Collection and maybe Visionary dvds, all the rest is rehash of the rehash of the rehash! For real, what a shame!

-Michael Jackson History CD1
HISTORYGH.jpg

-Michael Jackson The Essential

Michael-Jackson-Essential-Michael-Jackson.jpg

Michael Jackson - Number Ones
mwflol.jpg

Michael Jackson - The King Of Pop
MichaelJacksonKingOfPopUK.jpg
michael+jackson+king+of+pop+german+edition.jpg

Michael Jackson - This Is It

212489449.jpg

And now the long awaited remix of all above! Yeah! Woohoo!

Michael Jackson - The Immortal:

Immortal-CD-111003.jpg

Well, Im supporting it. It doesnt have new songs but its the soundtrack to a great Michael show that has been put together and makes an excellent tribute to Michael's legacy. Im supporting the soundtrack to that show, and Im supporting Michael.

EDIT: HEY, I pre-ordered like a week ago, where's my megamix???? -.- lol

The mix was underwhelming, but I'll still buy the album...

Coduscus;3524300 said:
At the end of "Black and White" in the remix, there's a snippet I've never heard before, ("Cuz we're all the same") I'm actually really looking forward to the album, getting little outtakes like this within the music. While it really is technically only a remix album, I think it's a great way to show Thriller/Bad era fans into Michael's HIStory work. There are way too many people who say they appreciate Michael's music, yet they've never listened to Earth Song. :O

It comes from Can You Feel It

Coduscus;3524300 said:

"Cuz we're all the same" is from Can You Feel It.

OnirMJ;3524195 said:
Why? I think the tracklist is great.

Memefan;3524223 said:
I am not sure if you've seen the show or not, but The track listing is a great representation of the Cirque show.
Well, Onir talked about other albums than just Immortal... ;)

Anyway alone the fact that it is a remix album is sufficient for me not to buy it. I don't like remixes and I don't know why people have to make them. Why don't leave things that are perfect alone?

Last edited:
BUMPER, you missed so many :D + different editions (country wise)

Da Remix is on total repeat mode in my office now!!!

LOVE IT LOVE IT

Brings back so many memories from that awesome-crazy-unforgettable Immortal weekend!!!

So gonna buy the album!!! Can't wait!!

I like the mixes It FITS the show well... It very upbeat don't know i'm gonna buy the album when the 21st hit but hopefully after i see the show...

Back