How Old Are You and How Long Have You Been an MJ Fan?

What age group do you fit in?

• 12 and under

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 13-17

Votes: 139 16.3%
  • 18-24

Votes: 306 36.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 177 20.8%
  • 31-39

Votes: 112 13.2%
  • 40 and over

Votes: 91 10.7%

• Total voters
Re: How old are you and how long have you been a MJ fan?

I'm 31 years old. I've loved MJ since Thriller. But really got involved in knowing more about his exceptional work in Moonwalker. :)

I used to break dance to one of his songs. I forgot which one it was but it had a nice beat to it. I was around 17.

Been a fan for MJ for about 17 years. I used to ask my mother if I could go to his house or if they could somehow get MJ to come to ours. lol.

been a fan for 18 yrs i feel old :( haha so i wont say my age . . .

Here... but not supposed to be... :blush:

*logs off in shame*

ETA: OOps. Wrong thread. Thought this was The Membership Check-In Thread. Serves me right. :lol:

I´ve been a fan since 1993 when I first saw the Dangerous concert from Bucharest on TV.

I am 40 now. I love Michael since 1983. I heard "Billie Jean" on the radio and for a few months I didin"t even know how cute he was, I just fell in love with a song.
When I finally saw the video...that was it. I found the love of my life...to this day.
So....I am TOTALY crazy about him for 26 years and more.

To be honest, I only became a real fan after he passed away. I was still young when he dominated the charts but I'd always like his songs and videos since I'm 5 yo. I'm 24 now. I never know the person he really is until he is gone. But once I become a true fan, I dedicate my entire life to him.

I'm 28 and I've been a fan since 1990, I loved Dirty Diana and Smooth Criminal. When Black Or White came out I was even more sold! :)

I'm 21 and I have been a fan since I was in the womb haha. My mom went to go see Michael 9 months pregnant with me when she was supposed to be on bed rest. THAT is dedication haha.

You got to go to the Bad tour?! I'm so jealous. I know you couldn't see him, but you could hear him, for sure!!! =D

I'm 17 and I've been MJ fan for 3 years.

I've been a fan for over 30yrs, since I was four years old. My best friend and I who have always LOVED dancing made up a routine to 'Shake Your Body Down To the Ground'. I remember us counting ourselves in, 1.., 2.., 1,2,3,4! Plus my dad was a DJ so his music has always been around. Words cannot define, the ways in which he has influenced the very essence of who I am. Unfortunately, I was not to really fully appreciate or understand "it", until after the fact. ( I thought I did). Nevertheless, I have always always loved him and always will.

I'm 22 and I've been a fan since I was 4 or 5 years old. Already bag then I danced to his music and sang along - even though I couldn't speak one word of englisg :lol:.

Because I was such a huge fan alredy back then my dad got tickets for the HIStory tour koncert in Copenhagen on MJ's birthday in '97. 29th august. I can still remember, and it was amazing. There was soo much going on outside the stadion beforethe concert. There were banners everywhere because the biggeste radio in DK had made a competition. The ones that made the longest banner won 2 tickets for the show. It was great. People singing MJ songs all over the place, dancing and enjoying themselves. It was great.

Oh I see from the results of this poll that I am one of the few older ones here, over 40. Well, I remember the Jackson 5 hysteria when I was little. I recall coming home from first or second grade and my older sisters would be there playing those catchy Jackson 5 records. Happy memories. From the Jacksons, to the next hysteria of Thriller to Bad, etc. Although I'm only now really stopping to appreciate it all, his music has been a part of my life in some way or another from the very beginning. He has just always been there.

I'm 23 and been a fan of Mike's since I was 18 months old. The first time I danced was to MJ. My parents came in the room when the BAD album was playing and I was dancing for the first time!

I'm 24 and I've been a fan since I was 12 when I saw Michael perform in concert, though I loved the songs Black or White, Earth Song and Scream even before that.

I just want to say what a beautiful thing it is that Michael has so many younger fans (teens, 20's). That is so wonderful and I hope he continues to draw younger fans. It just makes me wonder where the older ones are. I feel so old on this board...lol.

16 fan since i was about 11 years old

19, been a fan for 5 years:)

I was a fan of MJ's music since i was 7 [I'm 19 now]

but it's only since Feb of this year that I came to be a Michael Lover
... um more than his music/arts... a fan of the man himself.

Bump!

I am in the 31-39 group. I've been a fan for over 25 years.

40 years old and a Michael-lover since I was 12.
He was and is my first love.

22 years old, fan since about 4-5 years old. Originally was a Jackson 5 fan, then saw Michael's videos... obsessed ever since. ;)

20 years old.. At least veryyy sooon! :D And i've been a fan since i was 5 years old.. :)

I'm 16 and have been a fan since 29th of December 2008...:lol:

I just want to say what a beautiful thing it is that Michael has so many younger fans (teens, 20's). That is so wonderful and I hope he continues to draw younger fans. It just makes me wonder where the older ones are. I feel so old on this board...lol.

Ditto! Generations and generations of fans...I LUV it!

Don't feel old, I'm also one of the older ones :cheers:

but
that just means we had more time with him :wild:

:tease:

I'm 24 been a fan since....prolly the womb lol.

Goodness I miss him.......

I'm 24 been a fan since....prolly the womb lol.

Goodness I miss him.......

Exactly the same here. I'm 24 and have no memory of not loving Michael. Most of my earliest memories involve him in some way or another.

I miss him too. :(

31 years old, have been a fan since I was 15

Back