Hot Toys teaser, 1/6 scale Beat-it Michael Jackson!

11105612353szo5o2zj112.jpg

They were gonna release it this year I think, but the Beat It came as an extra for the 10 year anniversary of Hot Toys, so probably somewhere in the beginning of 2011, march-april would be my guess...

Wow, these look great. I'm really thinking of staring to bid on ebay, for all of them!

If I understood it correctly, Hot Toys has issued 4 MJ figurines:
Thriller, Bad, Billie Jean HIStory version and now Beat It

Is this correct? Because I saw a figurine on ebay for Captain Eo, but I suppose that one must be a fake, because I haven't yet seen any references to a CE version.

Plus: where did you all buy them or order them? Because on ebay they mostly come from Honkong.

How am I to make sure I don't order a fake?

Yes, there are 4.
The billie jean history is the most expensive, i see only 3 of them on ebay now, starting at $999. It was released before mj died, but not many were made, so the price went up very fast after he died... From thriller and bad there were more made...
sometimes there are copies of the billie jean on ebay, but the text clearly says its a copy (as does the price).

The beat it version is a special edition for the hot toys 10 year anniversary. 2000 are being sold at a tokyo event and 2000 at hong kong. As no one is sure how many of the previous dolls were made (Bad or Thriller), prices are quite high for beat it now as there's no telling if demand will be high enough to sell out all 4000.

Thanx a lot! Yes, I did notice the BJ one is very expensive. But other than the seller's description if it's a fake or not, how can you tell the difference?

Thanx a lot! Yes, I did notice the BJ one is very expensive. But other than the seller's description if it's a fake or not, how can you tell the difference?
Well, I have only seen fakes being sold in sets with clothes, so like a Billie Jean copied head with homemade 'Jam' clothes... Or a Billie Jean head with fake Billie Jean clothes (the hat was different and the gold line on the pants was different), but none of them came with the original Billie Jean box.
I have never seen a complete Billie Jean fake with the original Billie Jean box, so I assume all BJ's that come with a box with extra hands etc... and clothes are original.

I think they used a copied head for this one:
hirohiroace-img319x480-1287765371eepinv82687.jpg

Thanx, this information might be helpful.

And what's with the french inscription on the T-shirt for the Beat It version?

Oh, I didn't know he was wearing a T-shirt with a french inscription. :doh:

How about that - still learning new stuff about him, even after 19 years as a fan!

I think it reads:
N'ya plus que l'amour, sauf amour

Which I'm guessing means something like(?):
There is nothing like love, except love

Received the Beat It MJ yesterday. The jacket is super nice. Here's a pic of the 5 together (click for full size):
5330338236_13e1266a8a_b.jpg

Received the Beat It MJ yesterday. The jacket is super nice. Here's a pic of the 5 together (click for full size):
wow, lucky you! do you have hot toys vip card? I don't, so I am now on the waiting list and just on Jan 23rd I'll know if I get one. There are apparently only 4000 on market and those who have vip cards are entitled to buy first.

A friend in Japan got one for me, so no VIP card. They are numbered, I think I got 880/2000 but I wouldn't worry too much about them being limited, as 4000 is quite a lot and I dont think they'll sell out anytime soon :D

Wow how come no one told me bout these? I think i'll buy me one for my collection. i hope a few more left in stock

Well i've made up my mind. While at first when they showed the very first pictures, i said i wasn't impressed...the final version really DID impress me. So much that i'm getting it. I'm gonna order it for about the same price i got my Bad figure.

Definitely getting it. Just look at this picture, how accurate the face is. I never thought i would say it, but of all the Michael Jackson Hot Toys figures this one is probably the most accurate.

003-31.jpg

Ok quick pics,
sorry about the quality,
it's pretty dark noww and pics look a bit yellowish,
will get better shots tomorrow or over the weekend for sure!

DSC07998.jpg

DSC07999.jpg

With sunglasses

DSC08003.jpg

DSC08004.jpg

The whole HT collection:

DSC07997.jpg

DSC07996.jpg

And the whole gang including a few bashes and customs!

DSC07993-1.jpg

Omg these are so awesome!! :D

They did a good job. It looks very much like him :yes:

Back