Hot Toys teaser, 1/6 scale Beat-it Michael Jackson!

these figures annoy me as they are far to expensive for what they are (toys) i mean, come on, it really ain't worth the plastic they are made from to be paying £1000+ for em. to me, the £30 price tag for the lesser ones is much more realistic for toys

I noticed too that it has alot to do with lighting in a photo as well. Cause i've seen other photos of the Bad figure and they look incredible. But i agree, it can always look better, for some reason its really hard to make a perfect looking sculpt of MJ's face for these figures.

The Lost Child;3029301 said:
Comparing Beat It to Bad and Thriller figures - they didn't pay too much attention to the details:
SDC10321.JPG
SDC10326.JPG

SAM_0373.JPG

Bad one is what I'd consider as a near perfection. I hope they'll rework it in some way. If I'm about to spend a lot of money on something, I need to at least like it ;)

No offense but those pics are terrible... Macro on distorts close-up on figures...

BudzMJJ;3030587 said:
these figures annoy me as they are far to expensive for what they are (toys) i mean, come on, it really ain't worth the plastic they are made from to be paying £1000+ for em. to me, the £30 price tag for the lesser ones is much more realistic for toys

These are high end collectibles, the design and craftsmanship is way beyond your average mass produced toy...

Staffordshire Bullterrier;3030593 said:
I noticed too that it has alot to do with lighting in a photo as well. Cause i've seen other photos of the Bad figure and they look incredible. But i agree, it can always look better, for some reason its really hard to make a perfect looking sculpt of MJ's face for these figures.

Well... in all honestly Mike's face changed a lot... so even if they do it dead on from one era, it wouldn't be the same for another... regardless, I think all of my HT MJ's look awesome and I can't wait for this one!

No offense but those pics are terrible... Macro on distorts close-up on figures...

*cheers*
Thank you for more pics of Beat It figure, makes me wanna have it ;]

My friend from Japan told me they're gonna release only 4000 copies and half of them will be sold only in Japan. Can someone confirm that?

Am i the only one who finds it rather off? Something about the facesculpt looks very off.

Weird enough, on these two up close photos he looks much more accurate than any of the other photos.

MichaelJacksonBeatItversionCollectibleFigure_PR11.jpg

MichaelJacksonBeatItversionCollectibleFigure_PR12.jpg

Last edited:
*cheers*
Thank you for more pics of Beat It figure, makes me wanna have it ;]

My friend from Japan told me they're gonna release only 4000 copies and half of them will be sold only in Japan. Can someone confirm that?

Well, that's news to me... i read that only 2000 were being made as an exclusive to a Toy event in Tokyo... unless they decide to release 2000 more for distributors...
I'll look into this...

Am i the only one who finds it rather off? Something about the facesculpt looks very off.

Weird enough, on these two up close photos he looks much more accurate than any of the other photos.

MichaelJacksonBeatItversionCollectibleFigure_PR11.jpg

MichaelJacksonBeatItversionCollectibleFigure_PR12.jpg

Looks good to me!!

waaooow.... changed my mind! I want the Beat It doll now!

The close-ups are stunning... the other shots, I agree, his eyes need to be a little bit bigger. I think they'll probably sort this out before they're on sale though.

Oh! I need this figure! I alredy have BAD Mike and no i want this! It's amazing! But if they sell it only in Japan that will be a disaster(((((((((((((

Dude, that's amazing! And his socks are extremely cute. :lol:

is the Smooth Criminal version releasing some time this year?

i NEED to won all these dolls. I just don't understand how they get away with selling a fucking toy for that much. it really does take the piss!!

=,( OMG Another hot toys doll I want and I haven't even started yet...how in the world am I gonna afford all of them?! :( *goes crazy* lol *sigh*

Back