HIStory 30th Anniversary

thanks @Metin Jackson
"Rich Girl" is an unreleased song by Michael Jackson possibly intended for the HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I album.
Background

The song was mentioned by Brad Buxer during the one hundredth episode of the MJCast in 2019, as one of the songs him and Jackson worked on throughout the years.[1]

In June of 2020, a Zoom call took place with Michael Prince and Buxer, where it was reportedly revealed, that "Rich Girl" was created between 1993 and 1994 for HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I, specifically around the time Jackson "got with" Lisa Marie Presley.

• Wow
Reactions: kai
I just googled and noticed MJ estate released Invincible calendar in 2016, and Dangerous calendar in 2017… I know it’s not good to be excited too much, but if HIStory 30 happens next year, we might have Invincible 25 in 2026 and Dangerous 30 in 2027…

I personally think the estate wouldn’t be interested in celebrating Invincible at this point anyway. This is a good chance and timing to get more attention for those albums after the biopic came out!

Last edited:
While speaking to the BBC about some of the classic selections performed on her current Together Again tour, the 58-year-old superstar reflected on one particular highlight of her concerts: the moment she sings her and Michael’s smash duet “Scream.”
The live song, which Janet performs with video footage of Michael (who died in 2009), is described by the outlet as one of the “most powerful moments” of Janet’s tour. The “All For You” singer shared that she herself gets a bit emotional at times while thinking of her brother, "listening to him every night, seeing him, remembering us.”
"Mike and I wrote that song in New York, in his apartment," she recalled to BBC. "So [I relive] that whole journey, listening to him sing it [and remembering] what he was going through at that time. And just me being his little sister, always by his side, and being that support system. That's always been my role."

Last edited:
I just googled and noticed MJ estate released Invincible calendar in 2016, and Dangerous calendar in 2017… I know it’s not good to be excited too much, but if HIStory 30 happens next year, we might have Invincible 25 in 2026 and Dangerous 30 in 2027…

I personally think the estate wouldn’t be interested in celebrating Invincible at this point anyway. This is a good chance and timing to get more attention for those albums after the biopic came out!
Yes but watch out. For Dangerous and Invincible it is written nowhere that it is a anniversary edition. On the HIStory it is clear that it's a 30th anniversary calendar.
And on those two that you showed no alteration of the covers were done, those were just the regular ones.
I'm not saying that it's sure that we will get a anniversary album, but for me there is a small chance because of these. I'm not getting exited either.
Let's just all wait a statement by the estate. It was the same for Thriller 40. At the beginning we all thought that it would just be a re-release,but then on their website they stated that the second disc would contain new material. I don't remember how much time there was between the reveal of the logo and the announcement of the second disc, but it could be a similar situation.

Yes but watch out. For Dangerous and Invincible it is written nowhere that it is a anniversary edition. On the HIStory it is clear that it's a 30th anniversary calendar.
And on those two that you showed no alteration of the covers were done, those were just the regular ones.
I'm not saying that it's sure that we will get a anniversary album, but for me there is a small chance because of these. I'm not getting exited either.
Let's just all wait a statement by the estate. It was the same for Thriller 40. At the beginning we all thought that it would just be a re-release,but then on their website they stated that the second disc would contain new material. I don't remember how much time there was between the reveal of the logo and the announcement of the second disc, but it could be a similar situation.
Yeah, I know but I just hope they gonna release Invincible 25 calendar and Dangerous 35 calendar within next three years🙂. those calendars I showed were 7 and 8 years ago.

I don’t want to expect too much, but HIStory 30 and Dangerous 35 can be happen becouse of hint of Estate’s FAQ page and leak or a sneak peek at MJ birthday event of HIStory tour footage🙂

At least it would have Much Too Soon (Original Demo)… but I’ve never heard about vocally completed HIStory outtake. I also don’t think MJ recorded his vocal with lyrics for Chidlren Holiday or People Of The World, written for Japanese earthquake too. We may be able to have a hope for An Innocent Man.

I also hope studio take of Elizabeth, I love you (I know it was in 1997) or Solo Ver of Scream.

Yeah, I know but I just hope they gonna release Invincible 25 calendar and Dangerous 35 calendar within next three years🙂. those calendars I showed were 7 and 8 years ago.

I don’t want to expect too much, but HIStory 30 and Dangerous 35 can be happen becouse of hint of Estate’s FAQ page and leak or a sneak peek at MJ birthday event of HIStory tour footage🙂
Yeah I understand 😁 I think HIStory 30 might be likely. Because of this leak of Billie Jean Munich in HD. I think WBSS and Earth song were shown 2 years ago at an event in HD also. So I think that might be likely.

But I would keep hopes down for unreleased stuff. I think HIStory tour will happen for sure

Yeah it's sad that Dangerous and Invincible get ignored like this. But let's be a little positive and see if we get anything for HIStory. If we do it'll be awesome. Because we always thought that none of the albums after bad would get an anniversary release, but it's maybe about to change.

They might finally wake up after not releasing anything for almost 10 years. Except Thriller 40

At least it would have Much Too Soon (Original Demo)… but I’ve never heard about vocally completed HIStory outtake. I also don’t think MJ recorded his vocal with lyrics for Chidlren Holiday or People Of The World, written for Japanese earthquake too. We may be able to have a hope for An Innocent Man.

I also hope studio take of Elizabeth, I love you (I know it was in 1997) or Solo Ver of Scream.
Yeah me neither... I never heard of an vocally completed outtake... That's also a reason why we will get the tour but not any new music... The History album was very planned with little to no outtakes.

Let's hope we get some 4K clips too.

Yesssss… I would cry to see Stranger In Moscow in 4K. That would be beautiful..
Yeah but it is more likely that we get it in Blu-ray and not 4K.
Let me explain why

Stranger in Moscow was filmed in two steps.
1. Filming outside with the extras walking
2. Michael in front of a blue screen

They wanted to emphasize that Michael is alone and doesn't quite belong there, that's why they filmed him on a blue screen.

So to remaster it in 4K, they'll have to scan both 35mm strips in 4K and recompose Michael in.
Maybe they have a 1080p master somewhere, it would not surprise me if they scan that instead.
I'm not saying it is impossible to get it in 4K, but more costly because of it.

He was really brave to do this.....looking back , look at the risk - His message. Be brave. He really was.
Wish 30th anniversary would be recognized.

He was really brave to do this.....looking back , look at the risk - His message. Be brave. He really was.
Wish 30th anniversary would be recognized.
thanks @Annita , appreciated - yeah just .... just wondering if m 's artistry , is a big risk taker.. and thats why they don't /won't do too much. When you look at what History was...wasn't just saying 'Hi honey I love you , no really i do' ..... It was his unwavering spirit and quest ,love for humanity , His insatiable hunger for world peace .... plus the 'personal' attacks on his person, as he was recovering from [round 1] of those scandalizing lies/ set up just a few years ago ... Although beautiful in every way , History is just ....really heavy stuff at times.

don't trust that we will get something for history 20 there was only the calendar and history tour blue ray can be released without an anniversary

I would be happy about a new pressing of history vinyl 3 set the one from 95 is hard to get

Reactions: ssj
I would be happy about a new pressing of history vinyl 3 set the one from 95 is hard to get
Or maybe they could do a SACD like for Thriller 40 made by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. From what i heard the CD and vinyl sounded awesome ! They could do the same for HIStory by searching for the masters

Or maybe they could do a SACD like for Thriller 40 made by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. From what i heard the CD and vinyl sounded awesome ! They could do the same for HIStory by searching for the masters
we know the estate they do everything without

Back