He's so talented it's scary

good thread.
MJ is not just good, he is excellent in everything he does, from singing, dancing, composing, songwriting, to drawing.. Sometimes, i wonder how can one man be so talented????? I'd like to know the answer. btw, I also think he also has a high IQ level.
Not just that, someone mentioned in other thread he has a photographic memory!!
Yes, MJ has a photographic memory which is ingenious in itself. We have heard MJ mimick sounds exactly as he heard them and we have heard people testify to MJ copuing sounds exactly as he hears them. He has the ability to remember things and to focus on more than one thing at a time.
Also, I'm aways puzzled about how he can listen to deafening sounds and not suffer from damage to his ear drums. I find it puzzling. many people who listen to very loud music suffer from loss of earing at some point. MJ listens to very loud music.

Last edited:
I remember Janet telling the story of how she and Michael used to play this game where he would tell her to close her eyes and then he would play her a note on an instrument and then ask her, "What do you see?" She said one time they played that and he hit just one note and she said, "I see dying children." He said, "Good, cause that is absolutely right!" I would love to play that game with Mike but I think it would be kind of eerie.

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Do any of you stop to think about MJ's talent and get scared by it? I know i do, sometimes i find it hard to take in just how talented MJ really is. He can sing, dance, beatbox, compose awesome songs and can draw really good, and i really think that we are still not seeing the full talent of Michael Jackson. I have a feeling that he's got other amazing talents that we have yet to see

If people really knew how talented MJ is they wouldn't put him on the same level as people like Ne-Yo and Chris Brown.

I know what you are talking about. From the time he was a very young child to now, he has been a MONSTER talent. He has been an all-around talent...talented in music, in drawing, in writing - the art gene in his family is quite strong. He has always amazed me. Completely.

I think it was the Bellagio hotel in Vegas that Mike designed but I'm not positive. Also, I think it would be called what he has is an "audiophonic" memory where he remembers sounds. He is truly amazing!:yes:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

For real? Oh man. That's my brothers favorite hotel in Vegas. It's the only one he'll stay at when he goes there, lol. Wait till' he hears this. Any archtectual design being used in Vegas is a big deal. I mean, it shows that Michael has a very real talent for asthetics, design, etc... It's incredible. He also has desinged many of his stage shows, actually drawing story boards for them, etc... It's just unreal.

Does michael have perfect pitch?

Absolutely. Michael can hear back a demo of a track and replicate exactly the tone, timing and phrasing of the demo singer, to a tee. He's able to duplicate the pitch of any sound. Take what he did on "Fall Again", for example, when he imitated that strange sound at the end.

Um, that's not perfect pitch, wannabe. Perfect pitch (or Absolute pitch) is the ability to sing (or identify) a designated pitch (like say an 'A') on the spot, and with no reference. I think it's only one in around ten thousand people that can do this. Most people have Relative pitch. I have never seen any info on whether MJ has this talent or not. It's extremely rare. I'd be curious to know....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_pitch

I'm gonna go have a look around to see about MJ and perfect pitch. Although quite frankly, this ability is completely unnecessary to be a fine musician or what have you.

Edit- Hey, guess what.... he's got it, according to this. Although there's a question mark next to his name, which apparently means it's not certain. And I have no idea how 'official' this listing is-

http://www.perfectpitchpeople.com/

Wouldn't be surprising, really.... lol

Last edited:
I know what perfect pitch is. I'm just saying that Michael does have the ability to imitate the tone of any given note with his voice. I simply assume he has perfect pitch, since he has such an incredible ability to imitate things such as timing and phrasing and tone so well. I know Barbra Striesand has perfect pitch as well. She actually also has supersonic hearing, no joke, lol.

So they say it isn't 100% certain, but one would have to assume that he does, just based on his over all staggering abilities as a vocalist in every other department. I'm pretty certain he must have it.

Okay, well, I just assume he does because he can do everything else, lol. I've never seen anyone with a greater innate talent vocally then Michael, so that's why I assume it, not because those attributes are related.

But here's what it says from the second site you posted.

Perfect Pitch
Born With It: Leonard Bernstein, Stevie Wonder, Julie Andrews, Ludwig van Beethoven, Celine Dion, Ella Fitzgerald, Vladimir Horowitz, Michael Jackson, Yo-Yo Ma, Barbra Streisand, Brian Wilson, Frank Sinatra, Steve Vai, Shakira, Yanni, Paul Shaffer

And Those Without: Neil Young, Donald Fagen (Steely Dan), Joni Mitchell, k.d. lang, Gwen Stefani, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Johannes Brahms, Igor Stravinsky, Richard Wagner

To be born with it is something special I suppose.

well said! :clapping:

thats how i feel 2.
Thanks!
Mmmhmm. Cuz even tho I fully understand what the poster means,
when I listen to MJ's music, I can't help but be taken in by the beauty of his melodic voice.
The way he expresses himself; be it in protest, anger, love, sensually or visually, his ability to paint
a perfect picture never fails.
Listening to some of his earlier works today reminded me once again
what a gifted singer he is.
Quite evident in songs like "With A Child's Heart, Never Can Say Good-Bye, Who's Lovin' You,
This Place Hotel, That's What You Get, Human Nature Stranger In Moscow,
Whatever Happens.....just to name a few!
The natural talent of Michael Jackson will leave you shaking your head in awe. He's amazing!

There's no way you can know, wannabe. Nor I. Unless we secretly tested him. lol ''Hey Mike, sing me an A, right now!'' And then we run to the piano, play an 'A' and see if what he sings matches it. lol

We'll have to rely on the info we can find on the subject. You can't assume anyone has Perfect pitch. Some peeps even lie about having it. Of course, MJ wouldn't do that. That said, MJ is so loaded with talent, where's the shocker in him having one more? lol

^ thats exactly how i feel when i listen to Michael. Left in awe.

Some peeps even lie about having it. Of course, MJ wouldn't do that. That said, MJ is so loaded with talent, where's the shocker in him having one more? lol
just carry a damn pitch pipe
f_erm.gif

or if you really want to get fancy, have a tuning fork for a necklace.

or if you're in the 21st century, use your mobile phone
f_doh.gif

wth is Mike going to do with recalling the right note LOL what a silly talent for a pop star.

otherwise, everything else is immmpeccable.

just carry a damn pitch pipe
f_erm.gif

or if you really want to get fancy, have a tuning fork for a necklace.

or if you're in the 21st century, use your mobile phone
f_doh.gif

wth is Mike going to do with recalling the right note LOL what a silly talent for a pop star.

otherwise, everything else is immmpeccable.
But that's just it, he's speshul; he don't need no stinkin' pitch pipe.

It is a rather useless talent. I have the dubious ability of singing songs/pieces in the correct key before hearing them (although I can't say on the spot what keys they're in.) Now that's useful. Not. :smilerolleyes: Actually, lots of peeps can do this...

Last edited:
LOL ooo errr .. i'll stick to mi pipe, cheers.

img_0496.jpg

so Mike is talented..

Yes, MJ has a photographic memory which is ingenious in itself. We have heard MJ mimick sounds exactly as he heard them and we have heard people testify to MJ copuing sounds exactly as he hears them. He has the ability to remember things and to focus on more than one thing at a time.
Also, I'm aways puzzled about how he can listen to deafening sounds and not suffer from damage to his ear drums. I find it puzzling. many people who listen to very loud music suffer from loss of earing at some point. MJ listens to very loud music.
Yes! Isn't it amazing how he can memorize these songs that come to him? I remember him saying in an interview that he runs to get his tape recorder when it happens. I was thinking about him recording them and wondering how long he can hear each one while he's dictating. It seems like the songs would have to stay in his mind for a while in order to him to capture them on tape.

And it really is amazing how he can get his voice to sound like an instrument and blend in with the music. "In The Back" around 2:39 is a good example of him using his voice in that manner.

Last edited:
Well it's not a useful talent for singing songs, but no talent is stupid. The list of singers who have it are among the best in the world though, I think it's a signifying factor, though not a defining factor, of ones innate ability. If more then one source says he has it, then I'll believe it, and I'll believe it simply because he's so gifted as a vocalist anyway, that if someone says he has it, which the two sites you've posted do, then I'll believe it. Just like I believe Michael's octave range is 4, because that's what's been said by his voice coach, even though we haven't sat Michael down and tested him on a piano. Michael's like a God of vocal talent, lol.

I suppose that one site has it as unconfirmed because Michael just never talks about his talent, and people never ask him about it on a technical level, or those who work with him.

But you do hear people talk about how incredible Michael is in the studio.

Re: AW: Re: He's so talented it's scary

Haha arXter.

Datsymay, how did you find out that MJ has perfect pitch? Just curious.
I listened to interviews by people who have worked with him, ie Michael Jackson, A remarkable life. I also listen to MJ mimicking sounds and it is remarkable how he copies a sound exactly as he hears them.That is no lie.

^^^^
:lol:

Didn't Michael's own vocal coach, Seth Riggs, say that Michael had perfect pitch though? 'cause I remember reading that somewhere.

Last edited:
a once in a lifetime Musical Genius and Force. what makes MJ so incredible as a Musical artist is the simple things he does and he has that Star "IT" that you just can't teach. I mean his sense of rhythm and understanding of what works and what doesn't and connecting with the People and giving his all. I mean he does things that make you notice and he never has to overdo anything.

Back