heal the world anthems on MJ's next album

he can't do this... if he does people will say stuff like "J**** no longer a philanthropist - cares only for his kids for upcoming tour." I do think it's odd, for some songs like Tabloid Junkie to be sung live, but like This Time Around, Scream, Earth Song, were good. HIStory was a good song but weak ending for a concert filled with playback. (still I think HWT is underrated)

Ohhh noooooooooooooooooo_One of my favourites are songs like Heal The World, Earth Song, Stranger In Moscow.They are the most personal MJ to me songs.I love them.

disagree. heal the world is one of my favourite songs. it's a masterpiece. like all of his work really.

he can't do this... if he does people will say stuff like "J**** no longer a philanthropist - cares only for his kids for upcoming tour." I do think it's odd, for some songs like Tabloid Junkie to be sung live, but like This Time Around, Scream, Earth Song, were good. HIStory was a good song but weak ending for a concert filled with playback. (still I think HWT is underrated)

what does this have to do with the topic? =/

Whats a Michael Jackson album without 1 or 2 of HEAL THE WORLD type songs. Listen to WE'VE HAD ENOUGH, the man is doing his trademark "hee-hees" all over the track, things he doesn't do on INVINCIBLE. Its clear the man is passionate about songs of this nature. It seems you're more concerned with commercial success, trust me ,I am too but not to the exclusion of the music. I love fast paced songs but some of my favorite tracks are the change the world-type tracks. An album with only fast paced tracks is absurd. You seem to be of the opinion that the general public only like up tempo MJ tracks, thats a very misguided notion as I knw alot of casual fans who love MJ mid tempo or humanitarian songs.

Personally, I don't like those songs, not because they suck, but because its just repackaging the same thing and its not as good. The lost children was balls, I liked Cry, it was still a bit dry and that "change the world" thing or whatever it was, same as MITM. Unless its going to be something as bad ass as Earth song, I don't think he needs to do it again. Same thing as feeding the media. Fair enough, maybe one song (if even).

I do believe the album just needs to be full of feel good tracks, couple club bangers some slow jams. Keep it simple. Fuck the children, fuck the media, just concentrate on the music and delivering new ways of telling stories through it.

Song like Earth song and Heal the world are amazing, and so much better than most songs on Invincible. I just hope whenever a new cd comes out, it won't be filled with ballads...cause that's Invincible's weakest point in my book...way too many of them.

britney cant sing, no1 expects her to show off any vocal talent thru a ballad. and michael has never made a song pointing his finger @ people calling any1 wrong. And all the songs have a great message within them. I suggest u expand ur taste in music

what does this have to do with my taste in music? I listen to every style of music. There really isn't any way to expand it unless I'm going to start listening to indian chanting. LOL

I feel that even if he has one song like that, it should be strong and powerful like Earth Song or We've Had Enough, rather than softer like Heal The World.

disagree. heal the world is one of my favourite songs. it's a masterpiece. like all of his work really.

I love that song too..infact i was just listening 2 it before! :D

I don't think it can. One of the things Michael has to do this time around is get people to admit to liking his music even if they don't like him as a person.

Heal the world type anthems wont have any credibility in most people's eyes. They will think he is doing it for his image.
You don't think it can but I think it can. Everything is your opinion. Don't make it sound like as if you know what everyone else is thinking. People admitted they like his music so he doesn't have to do anything to get people to admit they like his music. You don't like Heal the world type of music, that's your opinion again. There are many others who like it and became die hard fans because of it. Anyway, MJ should create whatever that he feels like creating. He is an artist.

I personally think the new album should be with most styles of Music with a modern twist but still keeping it that Classic MJ feel but thats just my opinion

I think that if he does release more 'heal the world' esque tracks they should either be as good as or better than earth song,else it will seem like he had to include a song of that nature even if its not as good as past efforts to spread the message.

I mean cry was quite a dissapointment to me because it couldn't match up to earth song or man in the mirror, though it's still good its not on the same level.However we've had enough shows he can still make powerful songs with this mesage.

some of his best work has been his slow songs. but I really don't think that is gonna work this time. It will probably offend people, because it will remind them of the allegations. Before it was always seen as this nice guy who wanted to help people and help children, and that is why it will remind them of it, and you don't want people thinking about that. It will distract them from the music and offend them.

that is why he also can not make any songs about the trial, the media, or his critics. I honestly think that will offend people.

what i'm saying is most listeners will say "who are you to preach to me about healing the world when you abuse children?" I know the overwhelming vast majority of people who hear it will immediately think of that. I know it sucks but they will, and there is no way for him to get around that. That is why he has to focus on songs that make you want to dance. That way people will concentrate on that and not other things.

Oh...Please...give US a break...THAT is totally and utterly ridiculous..!

Mr.Jackson creates music that has always been and always will be "true to his heart" ...its all about what and who he has always been about..!

If society HAS NOT figured that out by now...shame on them for being "blinded" by their own light..!

:angel:psalm 37

Last edited:
the ballads on Invincible sound to much alike and there isn't a ballad which has the strength and power like "man in the mirror" "heal the world" or "earth song"...
if MJ comes up with ballads like "speechless" "butterflies" "you are my life" "cry" and "whatever happens" I'll just skip the songs...

wrong thread. This should be in the groove theory...and I completely disagree. Some of Michael's best work are slow songs.

yes. i dont care what non MJ fans want. i love his slow songs and especially his personal songs.
no way that he misses those! that would be wrong.

It just depends. I dont think he should go out of his way tomake one, but since Human Nature and Will You Be There are 2 of my favorite songs, I would have to say I disagree.

I mean, why limit yourself? A great song is a great song.

I hope Michael still creates these type of songs! They are 100 times better than angry songs IMHO.

some of his best work has been his slow songs. but I really don't think that is gonna work this time. It will probably offend people, because it will remind them of the allegations. Before it was always seen as this nice guy who wanted to help people and help children, and that is why it will remind them of it, and you don't want people thinking about that. It will distract them from the music and offend them.

that is why he also can not make any songs about the trial, the media, or his critics. I honestly think that will offend people.

what i'm saying is most listeners will say "who are you to preach to me about healing the world when you abuse children?" I know the overwhelming vast majority of people who hear it will immediately think of that. I know it sucks but they will, and there is no way for him to get around that. That is why he has to focus on songs that make you want to dance. That way people will concentrate on that and not other things.

You sir, cannot be serious. let's see ..slow songs..Stranger in moscow? Incredible song, and not about allegations...even if it was about the allegations and the tabloid media though, so what? For real....if you ask me, Michael has EVERY right and reason to diss them and sing about how disgusting they are if he pleases to. It's his right, simply because you can practically sing about anything....but especially the reason. Well now...he got plenty of reasons to go at the media...and talk about the allegations and what a horrible period that has been for him, no doubt.

Maybe he's not gonna sing about it...but if he decides to, he has all the right to do that, come on now. Offend people? Offend who? Sigh.

I hope Michael still creates these type of songs! They are 100 times better than angry songs IMHO.

Really? Better than a They don't care about us? That track's a classic, mayne!!!!!! The thing with Mike's music is ..he can make a song like Earth song, and he's singing with a soft voice at first..and near the end of the song when he goes 'What about.....' he's angry..and exactly THAT is the amazing thing about Mike and his music. Dude can sing with a soft voice, a high voice(Someone put your hand out) something inbetween those two, and angry....and i probably am forgetting some...it's crazy.

Well I would love to hear Earth Song. Songs like these, show all the people in the dome we need to do our best to help the world, being just the world again. Just so powerful song with such strong lyrics. Michael should do what he wants, because we've bought the tickets just to see Michael. If the non MJ fans in the 02 doesn't like songs like 'heal the world' they didn't bought the tickets. Even a non MJ fan knows that Michael cares about the world. And we all know songs like 'heal the world, Earth Song' could be in the show.

They will think he is doing it for his image.

^^I don't care what they say or think. Cause if that is what they say they don't care for him, not for anyone. Truth is unconvienient.

He is the only one that cares and he is the right one to do such songs. The other songwriters create enough shit for brain lyrics already. I don't want a song that is forgotten in 2 weeks.

One day you will learn that people who have decided to dislike him will always find somethin bad to say. It doesn't matter what he says and does. The more love he gets the more hate he gets. He's not the only one.

the ballads on Invincible sound to much alike and there isn't a ballad which has the strength and power like "man in the mirror" "heal the world" or "earth song"...
if MJ comes up with ballads like "speechless" "butterflies" "you are my life" "cry" and "whatever happens" I'll just skip the songs...

you must not be listening to invincible

what does this have to do with my taste in music? I listen to every style of music. There really isn't any way to expand it unless I'm going to start listening to indian chanting. LOL

u want an album of just up temps and theres no variety or depth in that. who seriously wants to hear club bangers after bangers. And especially if they dont show off mikes vocals. There needs to be ballads aswell as mid and up temps. A 1sided album is boring

u want an album of just up temps and theres no variety or depth in that. who seriously wants to hear club bangers after bangers. And especially if they dont show off mikes vocals. There needs to be ballads aswell as mid and up temps. A 1sided album is boring
but there must be more up and mid temps than ballads...

you must not be listening to invincible
I must listen to Invincible, if I wanna hear 2.000 Watts, Unbreakable, YRMW, Lost Children, Threatened and Break of Dawn!

BTW: you must not double post!

but there must be more up and mid temps than ballads...

And who are u 2say what there MUST be? :coffee:

I must listen to Invincible, if I wanna hear 2.000 Watts, Unbreakable, YRMW, Lost Children, Threatened and Break of Dawn!

BTW: you must not double post!

If u were listening to invincible then u wud no none of the ballads sound the same. And if u think they sound the same than obviously ur not listening to invincible.

BTW: I didnt double post
;)

And who are u 2say what there MUST be? :coffee:
to be fair: there MUST NOT be more up temps and mid temps than ballads, but IMO its better that way, because Invincible annoyed me with to many ballads

If u were listening to invincible then u wud no none of the ballads sound the same. And if u think they sound the same than obviously ur not listening to invincible.
Maybe you are not listening to Invincible^^ :D
maybe you can't hear, that the drums and kicks in nearly every invincible ballad sound the same...
"you are my life" and "speechless" for example...

BTW: I didnt double post ;)
yes you did...

fortunately, there are enough fans that MJ can do what he wants. and that's all that matters.

to be fair: there MUST NOT be more up temps and mid temps than ballads, but IMO its better that way, because Invincible annoyed me with to many ballads

Yet invincible contains some of the best ballads hes ever done

Maybe you are not listening to Invincible^^ :D
maybe you can't hear, that the drums and kicks in nearly every invincible ballad sound the same...
"you are my life" and "speechless" for example...

Oh im listening to vince,and you are my life and speechless sound nothing alike,try again

yes you did...

a double post is posting the samething twice,there4 i did not double post

Back