Have The Demos Been Tampered With ?

So it's not from that because you don't think it sounds exactly the same? How do you even know which specific part of the vocal warm ups I'm even talking about to say it's not exactly the same? :S It's 25 minutes long.....

I'm pretty convinced it was taken from that, if not then I apologise. I'll try and find the bit I think it is to compare.

I've made a comparison for you. :flowers:

https://soundcloud.com/mjremixed/mjseth-riggs-vocal-training-vs-slave-intro

As you will hear, it's not the same.

Except NONE of that post that you quoted, actually has anything to do with what's being said in this thread. Once again, people are reading the not 100% positive comments about specific songs on the album, and are purposefully misconstruing what's being said to paint the false image of all of us being "fake fans" and "Estate haters"..

Who said in this thread that they expected the same leaked demoes on this album? Who, where? Tell me, I'll wait....

What's actually being said is that the demoes weren't mixed properly for an 2014 album release and that some of them, may not even be the original versions at all, and some people tend to think the Estate did it on purpose, to enhance they're "contemporized" versions of Michael's songs. I don't necessarily think that's the case, but fact of the matter is, some of the "original" demos, are mixed shitty, that's just the fact of it, Do I know for sure if they aren't the original versions? Nope, but I do know STTR is missing ad-libs. I do know Blue Gangsta is slightly different from the leaked version, and some have argued for the worse. Nobody at anypoint stated that they expected the already leaked songs to be on this album, we're just wondering why they weren't mixed to the same extent as the 8 songs before the "Original" versions, and why some sound like they were deliberately tampered with made to sound in a worse condition than they were when Michael actually recorded them. That's what's being said.

And again, myself, and countless others in this thread have voiced their admiration for the album before the whole "VMJ" crap, and continue to do so. The "same people" you're attempting to refer to (possibly me, Birchey, and a couple others), the same ones who were realistically critiquing "VMJ" and for good reason aren't nitpicking, and we aren't trying to "insert our negative views every chance we can", the fact that people seem to think this about us is ludicrous, considering, if you actually go back and read post before the "VMJ" stunt, we voiced our appreciation for the album, and we were also allowed to speak on the songs we didn't like without having to hear these dumb accusations. But now, when everybody clearly isn't falling into the Estate's plan of whoring Michael's image on whatever they can, now all of a sudden, we're "haters", "fake fans", "negative nancies", whatever else you'd like to think of to address us as simply because we voice concern in regards to some of the moves made by the Estate recently.

This is a message board, we're allowed to realistically critique, question, and criticize something that we don't feel is up to par with Michael's standards. It's that simple, nothing is negative about that. It's only negative to you because a lot of you seem to have this new found dislike, of realistic fans.

I love the album, I just hate how some of the "original demos" sound, and from what we hear from others who knew about these things before us, some of those "original demos" didn't sound that bad prior to being put on this album. How on earth is that negative? It's just a realistic viewpoint that differs from yours, simple as that.

I'm glad you love the album. :D

I don't notice any tampering. The original versions are either old demos or not totally complete, so obviously their quality isn't going to be the same as the new versions. Only some fans are making this an issue here, it's just nitpicking IMO.

I don't notice any tampering. The original versions are either old demos or not totally complete, so obviously their quality isn't going to be the same as the new versions. Only some fans are making this an issue here, it's just nitpicking IMO.

Honestly when its come to MJ for "some fans" here nitpicking is not an issue, we learnt our standards from Michael and without nitpicking, we wouldn't have the Thriller we know now, amongst his other great releases. Being incomplete or an old demo doesn't speak for the quality of the mastering, or the fact things may have been removed.

My view is that we pretty much have one shot at getting Michaels songs getting released in the foreseeable future, and these songs are being majorly wasted, no one will care about CD1 in a years time at least not in the mainstream, CD2 looked to be a blessing, seems again the Demos only served the purpose of making Timba (I steal peoples music) Lands mixes seem superior when infact technically they are lame as bollocks, lazy, lame mixes which anyone could knock up in a few days. The same loops over and over again.

The song is faded exactly the same way as it was faded when Michael did it. To say the demo isn't in full because it doesn't have the whole ad-libs recorded is just bullshit. You guys should know better. They record a lot of things that aren't in the final versions of songs. For example, Rock With You has a ton of ad-libs that aren't in the final album mix, but that doesn't mean that it is not the version MJ intended to release just because he recorded more stuff.

Also, the only thing that bothers me on the released original version is the whip and the "aaah" in the intro. Those wern't on the original demo. But that's the only difference.

Some are nitpicking though. Wasn't the album mastered by one of the best persons in the field who have mastered all of MJ's albums? I have no reason to think he did anything but the best he could. Like I said I don't hear any tampering and I'm pretty sure the public ain't hearing it either.

Some are nitpicking though. Wasn't the album mastered by one of the best persons in the field who have mastered all of MJ's albums? I have no reason to think he did anything but the best he could. Like I said I don't hear any tampering and I'm pretty sure the public ain't hearing it either.

The demos have the original mastering from when the music was last mastered (with MJ). They didn't remaster them for this album's release.

The original songs? Nope.

The song is faded exactly the same way as it was faded when Michael did it. To say the demo isn't in full because it doesn't have the whole ad-libs recorded is just bullshit. You guys should know better. They record a lot of things that aren't in the final versions of songs. For example, Rock With You has a ton of ad-libs that aren't in the final album mix, but that doesn't mean that it is not the version MJ intended to release just because he recorded more stuff.

What? Fact is, ad-libs weren't included, we actually don't know either way what the condition of these songs were when Michael last heard them. The fact that Tricky Stewart was left a mix of the song with the extra ad-libs in hopes of making the last album, how can we assume that Michael wasn't satisfied with that mix with his ad-libs toward the end. You just said the whip and "ahh" wasn't in the original demo, which means what? That that isn't the original version and it's been tampered with. What does the title of this thread say? "Have The Demos Been Tampered With"...Here you're admitting at least one of them has been tampered with. But we're wrong for questioning if they've been tampered with? Makes sense..

The demos have the original mastering from when the music was last mastered (with MJ). They didn't remaster them for this album's release.

Well that's even better. We got them the way MJ left them, which is what we wanted for the demos, right? No tampering then.

More than one demo exists for each song, and the ones that leaked and the ones we have on Xscape happened to be different demos. That's my theory.
What we are talking about here (at least I believe so) is basically how we prefer demo#1 over demo#5, which, as a Prince fan, I also do it all the time.

The fact that the beginning of Loving You has severe tuning issues makes me feel that they really didn't touch the demos at all.

smh at people ignoring the fact that BG and APWNN were both shortened in the same way

smh at people ignoring the fact that BG and APWNN were both shortened in the same way

Didn't they state that the leaks had some portions looped longer than their intended length? I dunno, I think I read that a while back.

In a way I'm glad they are a little different as it means we weren't hearing straight up what we had before. For me Xscape original for example sounds a bit "muddier" and there seems to a bit more of a bass type thing going on.

Back