Gest's TV tribute to MJ - Whitney, D Warwick, Petula Clark (downtown!), Smokey, MJ's Mum

well...a general opinion is just that. an opinion.

Yes, it is. But if supported with well-based evidence, it can almost become a statement of fact.

What is true is that long-term drug-abuse can be the cause of an enlarged heart and pneumonia and hence, as the general opinion feels, was an indirect cause to Corey's death.

Their opinion makes a lot of sense except for one minor point: no one can verify of what actually caused the pneumonia and the heart condition. Drugs is just one of the possible causes, and given Corey's history, it just seems to tie in nicely with the conditions he suffered at the end.

^^ being an MJ fan, haven't you learned that "general opinion" can't be trusted?

^^ being an MJ fan, haven't you learned that "general opinion" can't be trusted?

No, of course not. But only if the "general opinion" is backed up by nothing but discredited information.

I listen to all manner of opinions, from conspiracy theories to biased opinions. But the only ones I carry along with me for thought, are those that have strong evidence to support them. And obviously, the reason why I carry along this particular "general opinion" for thought, is because they actually provide good points, and not all that "everyone is calling him a drug addict, so he must be one!"

It's not really "my argument", it's just something that I picked up on in another message board, which I find pretty difficult to reason against.

The general opinion is that long-term drug-use was the cause of Corey's heart condition, and thus, drugs indirectly contributed to his death, even if he didn't overdose on it. And since the coroner ruled it as a "natural" death, then his other organs must have been undamaged and hence, the conclusion that drug addiction doesn't show in an autopsy report.

Unfortunately, none of us have actually seen the autopsy report, so we don't really know the state of his other organs.

I am almost certain that I read his heart condition was a result of an abnormality he was born with. Here is also what I found from his ex fiance':

"Every time he would go to a doctor they'd tell him he had really bad arrhythmia, probably due to clogged arteries," she says. "They all said he should have it taken care of. But, being from Canada, his insurance was there, so he never went and got it done."

Read more: http://www.hollyscoop.com/corey-haim/coroner-corey-haim-had-a-heart-problem_23274.aspx#ixzz0oQ9WfLE4

Again this is an example of people assuming that his death just has to be from drugs. It only takes many times minimal research to find out what info is available before jumping to conclusions. It is just beyond me why people do not absolve themselves of the info they have available to them. (Even though you expect people to post things as accurately as possible so as not to confuse other fans. Hey mistakes happen) I will see if I can find anymore info about his heart condition.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to seeing & hearing everything she has to say about MJ's drug addiction (insert sarcasm). I hope she will back up these claims...otherwise...hell has no fury like an angry MJ stan.

Basically, she has to disprove the autopsy report....

Totally agree! I'm tired of ppl in his own family saying things about him when they were never close to him in the last 15 years of his life. And according to the autopsy there was no prove that he was an "addict".

And why is it that YOU have to "keep the peace" every single time someone brings something up about the Jacksons that isn't flattering.

This is a Michael Jackson discussion board. I am not the only fan of Mj's who is sick and tired of the bloody Jacksons not only getting it wrong, but getting it so wrong they are damaging legacy and his children.

Just think about the last 12months, it was never going to be easy but as long as there is in fighting in the family, children on youtube, people commenting on drug use who Michael DISTANCED himself from, then as fans we have equal right to not be kissing they ass every five minutes.

Maybe i have got it wrong, maybe MJJC has turned into a Jackson love fest and if so ill quietly slip out the door after 7 plus years but it is getting ridiculous.

All that said, i hope the doco is fair and Rebbie, pulls her head, out of her stupid ass. :)

I totally agree with you!

if u r addicted to painkiller ur liver will be damaged .liver doesn't understand that u are taking painkiller or hard core drug,it's all drug for liver. michael autopsy clear as crystal ,there is no damage to any of his internal organ. i asked my other friends who are in medical field (just to be sure),that ur liver get damaged when u use only painkillers also.so i really don't know why some of his family member are claiming that he was drug addict.

This is true - my mom takes pill for arthritis and has to check her liver every 2 months to make sure it is not damaged. Long term drug abuse will definitely damage your liver and would have definitely showed up in Michael's autopsy if he was dependant on presc. drugs.
All those stories about him taking 100 pills a day are just that made up stories. If that were the case his liver would have been severely damaged!

This is a Michael Jackson discussion board. I am not the only fan of Mj's who is sick and tired of the bloody Jacksons not only getting it wrong, but getting it so wrong they are damaging legacy and his children.

I agree.

Last edited:
I am almost certain that I read his heart condition was a result of an abnormality he was born with. Here is also what I found from his ex fiance':

"Every time he would go to a doctor they'd tell him he had really bad arrhythmia, probably due to clogged arteries," she says. "They all said he should have it taken care of. But, being from Canada, his insurance was there, so he never went and got it done."

Read more: http://www.hollyscoop.com/corey-haim/coroner-corey-haim-had-a-heart-problem_23274.aspx#ixzz0oQ9WfLE4

Again this is an example of people assuming that his death just has to be from drugs. It only takes many times minimal research to find out what info is available before jumping to conclusions. It is just beyond me why people do not absolve themselves of the info they have available to them. (Even though you expect people to post things as accurately as possible so as not to confuse other fans. Hey mistakes happen) I will see if I can find anymore info about his heart condition.

Yup, that's one of the explanations brought up by the fans, and also quite possible. Which is why I don't state it as an ultimate fact that Corey's death was due to drugs. It's just another possibility, until someone can verify the actual causes of the pneumonia and enlarged heart.

What would probably put an end to all these debates (regarding Michael's own alleged addiction), is if a medical expert can verify that drug addiction (particularly from benzos and propofol) can be detected from the liver, and discredit the other claims made by the critics, regarding the Anna Nicole Smith and Corey Haim reports.

tricia70;2801559 All those stories about him taking 100 pills a day are just that made up stories. If that were the case his liver would have been severely damaged![/QUOTE said:
If that was true that michael was taking 100 pills a day, he wouldnt have able 2 do stand up . Let alone do the this is it rehearsals PERIOD!.

And why is it that YOU have to "keep the peace" every single time someone brings something up about the Jacksons that isn't flattering.

Just think about the last 12months, it was never going to be easy but as long as there is in fighting in the family, children on youtube, people commenting on drug use who Michael DISTANCED himself from, then as fans we have equal right to not be kissing they ass every five minutes.

Maybe i have got it wrong, maybe MJJC has turned into a Jackson love fest and if so ill quietly slip out the door after 7 plus years but it is getting ridiculous.

The other day we weren't even able to point out LMPs fake lying ass because it was just SO SWEET of her to do that. NO! No...you want flowers in there do it yaself but dont be telling the fan community they arent doing enough, they have done their bit and STUCK with Michael through it ALL.

Grrrrrrr. End Rant.

All that said, i hope the doco is fair and Rebbie, pulls her head, out of her stupid ass. :)
Totally agree.. I don't get how someone can ''honor'' his/her bro while discussing the deceased supposed drug problems.. but that is just me, I guess, if my last name was Jackson maybe then and only then I'd be able to understand it.. :angel:

If that was true that michael was taking 100 pills a day, he wouldnt have able 2 do stand up . Let alone do the this is it rehearsals PERIOD!.

It´s enough to take 50 painkillers in a short time and you die.
You don´t die at once,it takes same days maybe a week before the liver is totally destroyed.

Totally agree.. I don't get how someone can ''honor'' his/her bro while discussing the deceased supposed drug problems.. but that is just me, I guess, if my last name was Jackson maybe then and only then I'd be able to understand it.. :angel:

i am with u on this.i just want them to shut their mouth ,we don't need their expert opinion on everything related to Michael.people have to understand just because ur family that doesn't mean u know that person very well.

Is true that David Guest wasn't supportive of Michael in time of Liza Minnelli's divorce?

It´s enough to take 50 painkillers in a short time and you die.
You don´t die at once,it takes same days maybe a week before the liver is totally destroyed.

Gosh thats scary

If Michael was a drug addict he might have died sooner than 2009...

basically...for those who keep believeing he was a drug addict that's your opinion.. like i said before he was not an drug addicted they gave him those drugs to slowly keep him his fate was June 25, 1996 but they couldn't stop him. At the end of the day i will not watch this because i don't care

^^^ offtopic: I could stare at your siggy for hours.. Michael is incredibly beautiful.

^^^ offtopic: I could stare at your siggy for hours.. Michael is incredibly beautiful.
so very true /I just stared at her siggy for like 10 mins. Michael was an angel in disguise and is an angel in heaven now may the lord bless him.

the words in your siggy truthtobetold are the truth...

please do not leave MJJC.

i'm worried that David might exploit Kathrine trust .

The other day we weren't even able to point out LMPs fake lying ass because it was just SO SWEET of her to do that. NO! No...you want flowers in there do it yaself but dont be telling the fan community they arent doing enough, they have done their bit and STUCK with Michael through it ALL.

Grrrrrrr. End Rant.

I think I love you. :wub:

How can they call that tribute, it's a shame ! :doh:
Why nobody goes around the world to see all the people Michael has helped with his donations and lets see to all his goodness, his generosity and his love for the mankind. Everybody knows the great artist he was and now they MUST show the man behind the artist - It would be a fabulous tribute for Michael and a big surprise for some -

Thetruthbetold, your siggy is so :wub::wub: I'm litteraly hypnotized !!!!:angel:

Thetruthbetold......

okay, I have to admit that I have absolutely hypnotized by your siggy.......Mike's got my heart I tell ya!

Michael Jackson was not a drug addict. That is it. There's no if, buts or maybe's, he wasn't. The autopsy report does not lie. Now can we please drop it. Not just here, but all over MJJC. It is not welcome. Thanks.

The show includes an interview with Jackson's eldest sister Rebbie, who discusses the singer's alleged pill addiction, while his beloved mum Katherine pays a touching tribute to her son.

(...)

In addition, the film - which will be distributed worldwide - will also include interviews with Smokey Robinson, Whitney Houston, Dionne Warwick, Michael's assistant Frank Cascio, and co-writer Siedah Garrett among others, chronicling the iconic singer's obsession with his appearance, marriages to Debbie Rowe and Lisa Marie Presley and battle with prescription drugs.

(...)

I don't have much faith in this :( I hope I'm wrong though.

Mr. Gest maybe should have used his time to make a good documentary blasting the false allegations.. though I don't think he is the kind of person who could do that and be taken seriously.

The major drug addict stories are being pushed by people with agendas.

Michael was on medication for depression, I don't blame him or anyone taking more than they should be when they go through a traumatic or stressful time. They are just trying to cope. Michael was in an extreme situation. It doesn't mean he can't function. The clear picture is not being stated. If you know anyone who takes medication for depression or anxiety, you can see why some people would have referred to Michael being sleepy or sluggish at some point of the day. It's the same when someone takes a sleeping tablet and it starts to kick in. Especially if Michael decided to take an extra pill here and there.

What angers me is that the full facts and bigger picture is not being reported. You would swear Michael was snorting cocaine every day and out of his mind the way some people talk.

The major drug addict stories are being pushed by people with agendas.

Michael was on medication for depression, I don't blame him or anyone taking more than they should be when they go through a traumatic or stressful time. They are just trying to cope. Michael was in an extreme situation. It doesn't mean he can't function. The clear picture is not being stated. If you know anyone who takes medication for depression or anxiety, you can see why some people would have referred to Michael being sleepy or sluggish at some point of the day. It's the same when someone takes a sleeping tablet and it starts to kick in. Especially if Michael decided to take an extra pill here and there.

What angers me is that the full facts and bigger picture is not being reported. You would swear Michael was snorting cocaine every day and out of his mind the way some people talk.

And that is what makes me so mad.. Listening to Rebbie and Janet you would think MJ was in some dark alley doing crack or heroine. Mike was under a doctor's care with a professional 25 year cardiologist by his bedside. The doctor killed him and Mike's own siblings refuse to acknowledge that. It really makes me so angry.

And that is what makes me so mad.. Listening to Rebbie and Janet you would think MJ was in some dark alley doing crack or heroine. Mike was under a doctor's care with a professional 25 year cardiologist by his bedside. The doctor killed him and Mike's own siblings refuse to acknowledge that. It really makes me so angry.

Janet acknowledged that the doctor was at fault she said in an interview that the doctor was administering and that he was responsible for Michaels death.

What kind of tribute is this going to be ??

MJ was a drug addict, MJ was obsessed with plastic surgery, why not get sneddon in on it too ??

Back