Gest's TV tribute to MJ - Whitney, D Warwick, Petula Clark (downtown!), Smokey, MJ's Mum

MoonWalkinYiddo

Proud Member
http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/gest_hosts_jackson_tv_tribute

Gest hosts Jackson TV tribute

Whitney Houston and Smokey Robinson have opened up about Michael Jackson a year after his death - for a new TV tribute created by the King Of Pop's best pal, David Gest.
The former I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! star has grilled members of the Jackson family as well as the Thriller legend's pals Robinson, Houston, Dionne Warwick and Petula Clark for his four-hour 'popumentary', The Real Michael Jackson.

The show includes an interview with Jackson's eldest sister Rebbie, who discusses the singer's alleged pill addiction, while his beloved mum Katherine pays a touching tribute to her son.

Gest explains, "I have spent the past three months travelling the world interviewing people who were most important in (Jackson's) life. I believe this popumentary will entertain and educate in equal measures about who the real Michael Jackson was. I hope this will serve as a lasting testament to the compassion and love that he had for all mankind."

The special is due for release in June, a year after the superstar died from a cardiac arrest last summer. A broadcast date has not yet been confirmed.

...Sorry if posted, am looking forward to this!

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/gest_hosts_jackson_tv_tribute

The show includes an interview with Jackson's eldest sister Rebbie, who discusses the singer's alleged pill addiction, while his beloved mum Katherine pays a touching tribute to her son.

I am looking forward to seeing & hearing everything she has to say about MJ's drug addiction (insert sarcasm). I hope she will back up these claims...otherwise...hell has no fury like an angry MJ stan.

Basically, she has to disprove the autopsy report....

Last edited:
I am looking forward to seeing & hearing everything she has to say about MJ's drug addiction. I hope she will back up these claims...otherwise...hell has no fury like an angry MJ stan.

Being addicted to painkillers is normal if you're in constant pain imo. What else are you supposed to do? It's completely different to being addicted to hard drugs like cocaine, heroin etc. Whether true or not (and Rebbie could just quash the rumours - I don't know how Katherine could agree to be in the special otherwise), I won't judge MJ in any way.

Being addicted to painkillers is normal if you're in constant pain imo. What else are you supposed to do? It's completely different to being addicted to hard drugs like cocaine, heroin etc. Whether true or not (and Rebbie could just quash the rumours - I don't know how Katherine could agree to be in the special otherwise), I won't judge MJ in any way.

if u r addicted to painkiller ur liver will be damaged .liver doesn't understand that u are taking painkiller or hard core drug,it's all drug for liver. michael autopsy clear as crystal ,there is no damage to any of his internal organ. i asked my other friends who are in medical field (just to be sure),that ur liver get damaged when u use only painkillers also.so i really don't know why some of his family member are claiming that he was drug addict.

I hope he includes more current stars that the world want to watch along with those oldies.

A special involving Usher, TImberlake, Chris Brown, Will.i.am, Ne Yo, Beyonce, Jay Z, Jason Derulo etc would make the special much more attractive to the general viewer and garner smash ratings. .

A line up like Houston, Clark etc might interest some old timers but it's not going to set ratings records.

if u r addicted to painkiller ur liver will be damaged .liver doesn't understand that u are taking painkiller or hard core drug,it's all drug for liver. michael autopsy clear as crystal ,there is no damage to any of his internal organ. i asked my other friends who are in medical field (just to be sure),that ur liver get damaged when u use only painkillers also.so i really don't know why some of his family member are claiming that he was drug addict.

Which is why some refer to the autopsies of Corey Haim and Anna Nicole Smith as proof that drug addiction doesn't show in a person's liver.

I know someone managed to discredit the Anna Nicole Smith argument, since her liver did turn up enlarged and hence, drug-abuse damage. But so far, not many people have spoken out against the Corey Haim argument.

More rubbish. God help us:

(...)

In addition, the film - which will be distributed worldwide - will also include interviews with Smokey Robinson, Whitney Houston, Dionne Warwick, Michael's assistant Frank Cascio, and co-writer Siedah Garrett among others, chronicling the iconic singer's obsession with his appearance, marriages to Debbie Rowe and Lisa Marie Presley and battle with prescription drugs.

(...)

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/324326,david-gest-promises-unique-jackson-show.html

I am looking forward to seeing & hearing everything she has to say about MJ's drug addiction (insert sarcasm). I hope she will back up these claims...otherwise...hell has no fury like an angry MJ stan.

Basically, she has to disprove the autopsy report....

Why do you have to bring this up every single time Rebbie's name is mentioned?

The article clearly states she will be discussing Michael's pill addiction, it's what Rebbie is supposed to do as part of paying tribute to her dead brother.
Memefan didn't bring up anything for the heck of it was stated in the article. :flowers:

(...)

In addition, the film - which will be distributed worldwide - will also include interviews with Smokey Robinson, Whitney Houston, Dionne Warwick, Michael's assistant Frank Cascio, and co-writer Siedah Garrett among others, chronicling the iconic singer's obsession with his appearance, marriages to Debbie Rowe and Lisa Marie Presley and battle with prescription drugs.

(...)

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/324326,david-gest-promises-unique-jackson-show.html
:no:

Definitely, this does not interest me and I will not attend.

you just did judge him.

you don't know how Katherine agreed or not agreed. sometimes people are put in specials that are edited and spliced together, without their knowledge. and Katherine is attending an event in Gary Indiana with people who probably think MJ was a drug addict. and...if you take medicine, it doesn't MEAN you are addicted to it. if you take cough medicine for a cough, for a time period, and then stop..it doesn't mean you are addicted to it.

in short i'll say this...no matter how many specials go on the air about Michael we will never know the real Michael Jackson..and neither will the people that talk about him..i don't care who they are.

but it is true about what Gest said about him..and that is...he really did love mankind.

in a Geraldo Interview, Geraldo asked Michael Jackson, who are his true best friends. and Michael answered, and stated this: he 'doesn't know them, or hasn't met them, yet'. that statement obviously includes family members. also..in his lyric to his song, 'childhood', MJ states...NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME. so..we don't know the real Michael Jackson. and, we don't know that, ultimately, Gest was a real friend, although the media LOVES to state that everybody was MJ's GOOD PAL, but we do know this show will get ratings.

a tribute to him by talking about addiction and his appearance?

sounds bogus to me, will wait for a clearer description of the doc before passing judgement.

in a Geraldo Interview, Geraldo asked Michael Jackson, who are his true best friends. and Michael answered, and stated this: he 'doesn't know them, or hasn't met them, yet'. that statement obviously includes family members.

Actually, if you go back and watch the interview, what he said was that his best friends were "my children and my brothers and sisters."

Actually, if you go back and watch the interview, what he said was that his best friends were "my children and my brothers and sisters."

i did watch the interview and i don't remember that, and the two statements wouldn't agree with each other, and some questions are leading, and designed to get an answer that the interviewer might want(which is what a lot of people did to Michael, when they interviewed him, although the initial question where MJ gave his answer about not knowing any friends, wasn't one of those questions) but i already know he is very close to his children, and his children close to him, and have never said a disparaging word, about him, in their lives. and why wouldn't he include his mother in that statement, that you say, happened? so..you and i must have seen two different interviews. anyway, the lyric in the song cannot be disputed.

Last edited:
I think I will wait for an official press release from Gest's production company before passing judgement on the content of the film, since the only quotes from him are positive.

As typical with the media they always speculate to get something going. I highly doubt Gest provided an advanced screening to this site so they could clearly articulate what will or will not occur.

:puke: :smilerolleyes:

What a nice tribute

:lol: Right?

i did watch the interview and i don't remember that, and the two statements wouldn't agree with each other, and some questions are leading, and designed to get an answer that the interviewer might want(which is what a lot of people did to Michael, when they interviewed him, although the initial question where MJ gave his answer about not knowing any friends, wasn't one of those questions) but i already know he is very close to his children, and his children close to him, and have never said a disparaging word, about him, in their lives. and why wouldn't he include his mother in that statement, that you say, happened? so..you and i must have seen two different interviews. anyway, the lyric in the song cannot be disputed.
I love you :wub:

This could either be very good or very bad. Lets wait and see...

See, if this is true I find it very troubling......none of these people felt the need to go public with MJ's alleged 'addiction' while he was alive so why start now? and by people from his own family? This is all suspect to me, I truly hope they don't go there with this so called 'tribute'

There is an opportunity here for people who knew Michael well to inform the world about the magnificence of the man and all he did to help his fellow human being, but apparently you can't air something about Michael without getting sensational.

I know many fans don't like Gotham Chopra - me too not a fan -, but I agree and, BETTER, believe in that he wrote:
I was good friends with Michael, not his parents nor many siblings, not his wonderful children, nor the many in his entourage who always seemed to be around, and appear just as plentiful and voracious in his death. On the former (the family), this has no doubt been a conflicted time for them as well. When I was with him the last few years, Michael intimated a deep respect for many of the members of his family, but he didn't profess a real intimacy with them in recent times. He loved his brothers deeply but he didn't ache to re-establish the famous fraternity the world once knew

Last edited:
According to Liza, Gest is a creep. I don't know if he can be trusted with this task.

Which is why some refer to the autopsies of Corey Haim and Anna Nicole Smith as proof that drug addiction doesn't show in a person's liver.

I know someone managed to discredit the Anna Nicole Smith argument, since her liver did turn up enlarged and hence, drug-abuse damage. But so far, not many people have spoken out against the Corey Haim argument.

That is because Corey Haim did not die because of drugs. he had an enlarged heart and complications from pnuemonia or something like that. So I don't see the point of your argument. His death was not drug related. When he died all these people came out of the woodwork saying he was on drugs while Corey said he was not. His autopsy stated that a small amount of 8 drugs was found in his system. A mixture of over the counter, perscription, and marijuana. But all in small amounts. looks like people were too quick to jugde as many were in MJ's case.

Like many have said, I too am skeptical of such a show. They are annoying and tiresome. This is supposed to be a tribute show. how does a tribute include bringing up perscriptions, his changing face, or anything else like that. The only way they could do justice to such topics would be to go into detail about them, which would be nearly impossible to do. So why bring them up. If you want to give someone a tribute, how about focus on his music, his dancing, and his philanthropy? Oh boy!:unsure:

They will discuss drug addiction and appearance in TRIBUTE to Michael? Did I read that correctly? They are doing a documentary that pays tribute to Michael, but they are filling it with stories of drug addiction and issues with plastic surgery... how is that a tribute?

That is because Corey Haim did not die because of drugs. he had an enlarged heart and complications from pnuemonia or something like that. So I don't see the point of your argument. His death was not drug related. When he died all these people came out of the woodwork saying he was on drugs while Corey said he was not. His autopsy stated that a small amount of 8 drugs was found in his system. A mixture of over the counter, perscription, and marijuana. But all in small amounts. looks like people were too quick to jugde as many were in MJ's case.

It's not really "my argument", it's just something that I picked up on in another message board, which I find pretty difficult to reason against.

The general opinion is that long-term drug-use was the cause of Corey's heart condition, and thus, drugs indirectly contributed to his death, even if he didn't overdose on it. And since the coroner ruled it as a "natural" death, then his other organs must have been undamaged and hence, the conclusion that drug addiction doesn't show in an autopsy report.

Unfortunately, none of us have actually seen the autopsy report, so we don't really know the state of his other organs.

And why is it that YOU have to "keep the peace" every single time someone brings something up about the Jacksons that isn't flattering.

This is a Michael Jackson discussion board. I am not the only fan of Mj's who is sick and tired of the bloody Jacksons not only getting it wrong, but getting it so wrong they are damaging legacy and his children.

Just think about the last 12months, it was never going to be easy but as long as there is in fighting in the family, children on youtube, people commenting on drug use who Michael DISTANCED himself from, then as fans we have equal right to not be kissing they ass every five minutes.

Maybe i have got it wrong, maybe MJJC has turned into a Jackson love fest and if so ill quietly slip out the door after 7 plus years but it is getting ridiculous.

The other day we weren't even able to point out LMPs fake lying ass because it was just SO SWEET of her to do that. NO! No...you want flowers in there do it yaself but dont be telling the fan community they arent doing enough, they have done their bit and STUCK with Michael through it ALL.

Grrrrrrr. End Rant.

All that said, i hope the doco is fair and Rebbie, pulls her head, out of her stupid ass. :)

It's not really "my argument", it's just something that I picked up on in another message board, which I find pretty difficult to reason against.

The general opinion is that long-term drug-use was the cause of Corey's heart condition, and thus, drugs indirectly contributed to his death, even if he didn't overdose on it. And since the coroner ruled it as a "natural" death, then his other organs must have been undamaged and hence, the conclusion that drug addiction doesn't show in an autopsy report.

Unfortunately, none of us have actually seen the autopsy report, so we don't really know the state of his other organs.

well...a general opinion is just that. an opinion.

Last edited:
Back