Frank Dileo - Michael's manager. Interview from 2007

When was this? I never read any article where MJ stated that Brooke was his girlfriend. Mike said in Ebony back in 1984 that he and Brooke were simply friends and that he wanted people to know that they were not a couple. I gotta find that article.

Michael said in his autobiography Moonwalk that he dated (as in girlfriend) Brooke Shields. He said the first woman he loved and had a crush on was (though never dated) Diana Ross, then his first romance was Tatum O'Neal and then Brooke Shields. He also told Oprah in his 1993 interview when asked if he had a girlfriend, and he said "Right now it's Brooke Shields".

Michael would have said he wasn't dating Brooke Sheilds on 1984, because Michael saw it as losing female fan base if they knew he had a girlfriend just as John Lennon used to deny he was married when The Beatles first became famous. It could also have seen as going against his African American female fan base if he had said he was dating Brooke Shields, as interracial dating was as common as it is now (though it's still seen as slightly controversal in the USA). Remember, MJ's PR team denide he had married Lisa Marie Presely when the news first broke, and Beyonce and Jay Z have never confirmed offically confirmed they were dating. So Michael's 1984 Ebony interview would giving misinformation so he could keep his romance private.

From the 1950's to the 1980's when a star became huge having a wife of girlfriend could work against your image as young and ideally free, single and available to girls who had a crush on their pop idol. This is one of the reasons all Michael's brothers ran away and got married without their parents knowing, because Joesph thought having his sons get married with harm the image of the Jackson 5. Aswell as being on an outdated style of television show, Donny Osmonds career also ended in the late 1970's because he got married. PR was a completely different game now, as a pop star has to have a girlfriend to show there pulling power.

I guess this topic is for another thread.

Last edited:
If your questioning Frank Dileo's abilities as a manager and loyalty as a friend, then WHY would Michael have let Frank manage his nephews 3T in the 1990's who were signed to Michael's label MJJ Music. And WHY would Michael have let Frank Dileo travel to his 2005 trial with Michael and his family !
so Michael has no own mind and the 3T have to ask their uncle who should manage them? And do you think Dileo has asked Michael to travel to his trial, when you read what Dileo has written about their meeting there, obviously Michael had no clue he would be there.
In my opinion and what I have read about they have had serious problems which each other, one of it was, that Michael didn't longer agree with the way he ran his PR. I don't have a proof of it but I have heard and read about it here and there. And in my personal opinion Dileo has had a big part in the "freaking" image Michael started to get in those years. Sorry, for all those who like him so much!

Last edited:
I don't wanna chat of Latoya either. But anyway not everything she wrote is a lie, and well, anyway, for good or for bad dileo was eventually fired, that is known.
And yes Brooke was never a girlfriend, she was a friend, as Latoya rote, she basically had a crush on MJ but he never was in love with her, she was the one who bugged him so the fact that they were seen together, can just say they were friends in his eyes.

so Michael has no own mind and the 3T have to ask their uncle who should manage them? And do you think Dileo has asked Michael to travel to his trial, when you read what Dileo has written about their meeting there, obviously Michael had no clue he would be there.
In my opinion and what I have read about they have had serious problems which each other, one of it was, that Michael didn't longer agree with the way he ran his PR. I don't have a proof of it but I have heard and read about it here and there. And in my personal opinion Dileo have a big part in the "freaking" image Michael started to get in those years. Sorry, for all those who like him so much!

Who said Michael no own mind (you mean, no mind of his own), because I didn't insinuate or say that !

And yes Brooke was never a girlfriend, she was a friend, as Latoya rote, she basically had a crush on MJ but he never was in love with her, she was the one who bugged him so the fact that they were seen together, can just say they were friends in his eyes.

Really, that's not what Michael wrote in 1988, neither was it what he said in 1993. I guess Michael never had a sexual relationship with Lisa Marie even though she said they did in an interview a few years ago. I'm not saying what I think, but what Michael said, and women connected to him as in his first wife or does her being white not count.

Last edited:
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! I love Frank! One of MJ's true and loyal friends forever :yes: And he was GOOD at his job!!!!

yeah, I think I have that Ebony article at home.
I dont believe that MJ and Brooke dated, lol.

Thanks for the interview:
1) whether Dileo tells "nice things" about Michael or not is totally separate matter of him being currently, or earlier, best-suitable as career manager or not;
2) talking "nice things" in itself is not indication of anything, unfortunately; we have a wide range of people that for years talked sweeter-than-sugar things about Jackson and became betrayers and cynical afterwards;
3) back in 1990 Frank was "bitter" and gave few highly questionable interviews, with negative/controversial slant in those.

In my opinion and what I have read about they have had serious problems which each other, one of it was, that Michael didn't longer agree with the way he ran his PR. I don't have a proof of it but I have heard and read about it here and there. And in my personal opinion Dileo has had a big part in the "freaking" image Michael started to get in those years. Sorry, for all those who like him so much!

Well, I have read that Michael asked Frank to put some controversial stories out there about him. We all know that Michael likes to appear mysterious and he's definitely "different" all on his own. I think he came up with the things like one glove and the face masks on his own, and he's admitted himself that he's always been fascinated by the elephant man (one of the rumors about him was that he wanted the elephant man's bones). I don't think that him deciding to lay in the oxygen chamber and getting his pic taken was Frank's idea either. I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe Michael did see Frank as controlling or maybe he just got rid of him because of others; who knows? The media just wanted to tear Michael down and call him names because that's what they do. I don't really think it is anyone's fault.

doest it really matter as to what went on in the past. mj and frank are close now so obviously nothing was that bad

Ok, I hope I didn't wipe out anything that was on topic if so I apologize but please keep in mind that we do not discuss Michael Jackson's private life and remember that sometimes what is said helps to protect the ones he loves so there may always be conflicting statements regarding his personal life. It simply means he doesn't need it to be everyone's business and we shall respect that :yes:

Dileo recalls:
“Michael used to moderate everything I ate. It’s amazing—when I started with him I was 210; when I ended with him, I was 265. So that’s what eating healthy does to you.”

hahahahah :rofl: loved this part

thix for this:)

this part is so nice...very emotional:

I agree, Frank seems such a nice guy...even not working for him for many years he was still a friend and showed his affection and support towards Mike!
God bless his soul! :angel: :flowers:

God bless Frank Dileo. How insightful to see what has become of this man so pivatol in MJs career. I love Frank Dileo as Michael's manager too. Glad to see that they are still friends and have love for each other.

Back