FLOPS of 2008

michaelsson

Proud Member
So whats failed so far in 2008? Music...tv....heres what i can remember

l_643517959f65a8e38b2dd7799e5846ed.jpg

sold 1,000 copies n its 1st week lmmfao.. She FLopped For The Gods lol..and had nerve to diss janet..smh

tiffany_evans.jpg

SMH

usher-here-i-stand.jpg

raven.jpg

ashanti_declaration1.jpg

AshleeSimpsonBittersweetWorld.jpg

Last edited:
jan didn't flop.boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

and neither did ursher....it just leaked before...cant' stand him tho

and raven flopped so bad it came back and popped her inthe face

Ok the first and second one - WHO? seriously never heard of them ever! But then againg I dont really watch music channels or tv that much anymore
Raven - She had an album? huh since when? or is that a show? :huh:
Day 16 - Again like the first two who? They were with diddy though right?
And whats the last thing about?

u just proved why they all flopped lol. Tiffany evans had a song with Ciara call "promise Ring"
Khia is a one hit wonder who had a hit a loooooooooooooooooooong time ago (and still puts out albums which all FLOP) All of Ravens albums have sold 4,000 or less idk how much the new 1 sold..but i do kno it flopped, and yea day26 is with diddy...the flopped 2 lol.. the last thing was flavor of love 3...that show flopped majorly

jan didn't flop.boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

and neither did ursher....it just leaked before...cant' stand him tho

and raven flopped so bad it came back and popped her inthe face

soso...i love u but ms jackson FLOPPED lol..and yes USHER FLOPPED lol

and lol @ raven

See... it's a shame some people didn't even know...

Well you must have at least heard DO IT WELL?

Well, anyway, I think everybody who loves good pop music should check out the album - BRAVE. The title song is one of the best songs of J.Lo ever. What I don't understand is how people LOVED Jennifer but now they don't care about her,when her music is at it's best. Como Ama Una Mujer, a Spanish album is also a great one...

michaelsson, there's more to music than sales & charts, son.

Janet's album had some sweet tracks.

Yes it did. And I don't know why it failed. Feedback seemed like such a success , but then , nothing.

It has some really good songs. BUT the problem with Janet is that she is trying SO HARD to be SEXY SEXY SEXY!

Come on,give it a rest. You are hot as hell but stop singing about sex only, doll :)

Yes it did. And I don't know why it failed. Feedback seemed like such a success , but then , nothing.

It has some really good songs. BUT the problem with Janet is that she is trying SO HARD to be SEXY SEXY SEXY!

Come on,give it a rest. You are hot as hell but stop singing about sex only, doll :)

Janet had some disagreements with the label, so they pulled the plug on the promotion. At any rate, after the Superbowl thing, she's been kinda blacklisted.

michaelsson, there's more to music than sales & charts, son.

Janet's album had some sweet tracks.

Well sales r everything, if u dont sale over a certain amout its consider a flop. Charts and sales r everything and determines alot about what the public thinks...seeing how as they r the buyers.

Like i loooooooove lil mama to death, but she flopped..she even admitted it lol. and her album was great.

Last edited:
Usher didn't flop. He sold over a million copies. That is not a flop. Better then 1,000 copies in one week.

2million worldwide vs 19million he flopped lol and im a fan of usher. The album was alright not that great and reviews were not all that..which is probably why he has re-HIRED his mom, becuause he was also dissapointed in the sales

Well sales r everything, if u dont sale over a certain amout its consider a flop. Charts and sales r everything and determines alot about what the public thinks...seeing how as they r the buyers.
Going by that kind of criteria means the average classical, opera, gospel, or jazz album is a flop. Some types of music sells to a small, but loyal audience.

u just proved why they all flopped lol. Tiffany evans had a song with Ciara call "promise Ring"
Khia is a one hit wonder who had a hit a loooooooooooooooooooong time ago (and still puts out albums which all FLOP) All of Ravens albums have sold 4,000 or less idk how much the new 1 sold..but i do kno it flopped, and yea day26 is with diddy...the flopped 2 lol.. the last thing was flavor of love 3...that show flopped majorly
:lol: OK thank you

Like i loooooooove lil mama to death, but she flopped..she even admitted it lol. and her album was great.

sales dont define quality. sales only have to do with promotion and good marketing of a product. if janets label didnt promote the album properly how is it supposed to sell ? do u think that 4 mins that topped the charts and had such great sales is a better song than the discipline ones ? i dont think so.

Janet had some disagreements with the label, so they pulled the plug on the promotion. At any rate, after the Superbowl thing, she's been kinda blacklisted.

which sucks and I'd swear the hell out of all the mo-fo's who made the superbowl SUCH a big deal. some people need to grow up and leave sensationalism alone.

Some of those albums were straight up flops, while others were only flops when compared to their previous releases, but they were still considerably successful when compared to all the other music releases thus far this year.

sales dont define quality. sales only have to do with promotion and good marketing of a product. if janets label didnt promote the album properly how is it supposed to sell ? do u think that 4 mins that topped the charts and had such great sales is a better song than the discipline ones ? i dont think so.

I never said sales define quality. janets has flopped 3times in a row. If she would quit tryin so hard 2be this crazed sex maniac and turn it down it go back 2 HER music then maybe she wouldnt flop. 4mins was a great song and was better than all of the songs on discipline except 4 feedback. Its not the labels fault that radio wont play her...they wont play her cuz the songs arent good. there are alot of great albums that flop...the music could be da greatest ever..but just cuz its great doesnt mean its not a flop. And sorry IMO Discipline wasnt all that..feedback was the strongest track and maybe Luv...enuff about janet now lol

And 4mins did top the charts lol i belive it was number2 maybe 1

I never said sales define quality. janets has flopped 3times in a row. If she would quit tryin so hard 2be this crazed sex maniac and turn it down it go back 2 HER music then maybe she wouldnt flop. 4mins was a great song and was better than all of the songs on discipline except 4 feedback. Its not the labels fault that radio wont play her...they wont play her cuz the songs arent good. there are alot of great albums that flop...the music could be da greatest ever..but just cuz its great doesnt mean its not a flop. And sorry IMO Discipline wasnt all that..feedback was the strongest track and maybe Luv...enuff about janet now lol

And 4mins did top the charts lol i belive it was number2 maybe 1

so its ok for guys to be crazed sex maniacs but not for women ? every male artist out there sings/raps about sex but when a woman does it she gets labeled as a "crazed sex maniac" ? whats so wrong with women having a healthy sexual appetite ? we're humans too lol. i dont think janet is trying hard to be anyone but herself. she sings about what she feels about singing at this point in her life. so shes just being herself. from what i've seen janet is still extremely popular all over the world. if her sales aint that good nowadays is due to lack of promotion and radio airplay imo after what happened at the superbowl '04.
i have to disagree with u about 4 mins. to me is just another boring crappy timbaland song.

Last edited:
so its ok for guys to be crazed sex maniacs but not for women ? every male artist out there sings/raps about sex but when a woman does it she gets labeled as a "crazed sex maniac" ? whats so wrong with women having a healthy sexual appetite ? we're humans too lol. i dont think janet is trying hard to be anyone but herself. she sings about what she feels about singing at this point in her life. so shes just being herself. from what i've seen janet is still extremely popular all over the world. if her sales aint that good nowadays is due to lack of promotion and radio airplay imo after what happened at the superbowl '04.
i have to disagree with u about 4 mins. to me is just another boring crappy timbaland song.

Janet is like 40 somethin, by this stage n her life she should have more to talk about than just sex lol. She was talkin about her "period" n what song i was like wtf.... Shes a veteran n the game, she should be beyond sex.not sayin she shud sing about rainbows n bunnies but she can talk about sex in a toned down way...put mystery in it like michael..or mariah..she just throws it out there...and she shudda realized by 20y.o that her sex image clearly wasnt helpin her sale records cuz she still flopped lol...

and ive heard many pple from overseas tell me that janet isnt that popular as she is n the u.s..shes michael jacksons sister who happens 2 dance very well 2them lol

Last edited:
If she would quit tryin so hard 2be this crazed sex maniac and turn it down
If that was the problem, then Barry White, George Michael, Prince, and Marvin Gaye wouldn't have had careers, lol. As I mentioned before Janet has pretty much been blacklisted from radio, because of the Superbowl incident. The show was sponsored by MTV, and MTV and the networks (I think it was CBS) had to pay fines. MTV owns VH1. So that's a lot of sources that she's missing. Justin Timberlake distanced himself away from it. Hardly no one said anything about his involvement. The breast was on the screen less than a second, so what was the big deal? What's the difference between Janet and the tribal women that are on National Geographic shown on public broadcasting? The magazine was also in school, including elementary.

Last edited:
If that was the problem, then Barry White, George Michael, Prince, and Marvin Gaye wouldn't have had careers, lol. A.
But thats a different time period....So that might have had an effect on how those types of songs were recieved. But I agree she has been blacklisted.

Janet is like 40 somethin, by this stage n her life she should have more to talk about than just sex lol. She was talkin about her "period" n what song i was like wtf.... Shes a veteran n the game, she should be beyond sex.not sayin she shud sing about rainbows n bunnies but she can talk about sex in a toned down way...put mystery in it like michael..

And I agree with you also. She needs to tone down her songs a bit. And change the topic. Her sex theme aint working.

Last edited:

Eh, not really. Many artists thrive by simply having a solid fanbase and making real music that doesn't cost millions to make and sells moderately. It's why Al Green can still put out a record every two years and make money.

Sales really aren't everything. Sales are only everything to mainstream pop and hip-hop stars who's albums costs millions to manufacture. If you have real artists and musicians who can make quality music at a low cost, they can sell half a million albums and have few if any successful singles and still make a nice payday.

Back