February 2009, 30th Anniversary of "Off The Wall"

Here we go again.

Jesus.... Please come with some new stuff.

If there is gonna be a Off The Wall 30 then there needs to be a Bad 25, Dangerous 20 and HIStory 15. Gotta make things fair lol

Well, Sony could re-use some of the bonus cuts released on TUC and SE 2001, along wth some remixes from the 90's. I'm not sure there are lot of unreleased songs fro that era as the sessions were completed in three weeks and I think they ued / tested less tracks than they did for Thriller and albums onwards.

As far as videos go, MJ doesn't want SOOML short film to be released on DVD as he doesn't like it, and I really really doubt the set may include a Live concert video as well, mainly because it includes the Jacksons and that it's pre-Thriller related... But you never know...
The She's Out of My Life video is great:punk:

They really need to get some fans to work on this project

just put it out on cd with goin to rio - sunset driver and one more outtake - a few remastered demos and mixes + dvd of triumph tour highlights

WHoooooo!!!!!
OFF THE WALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I hope no remixes :yes:
I wanna hear something NEW (to us) like unreleased or demo or something!!!!
But we dont even know if it's really happenin! lol

Well, Sony could re-use some of the bonus cuts released on TUC and SE 2001, along wth some remixes from the 90's. I'm not sure there are lot of unreleased songs fro that era as the sessions were completed in three weeks and I think they ued / tested less tracks than they did for Thriller and albums onwards.

As far as videos go, MJ doesn't want SOOML short film to be released on DVD as he doesn't like it, and I really really doubt the set may include a Live concert video as well, mainly because it includes the Jacksons and that it's pre-Thriller related... But you never know...

Doesn't he? :unsure:

Wow, it's crazy to think it's been almost 30 years since that album was released. Damn, that's longer than myself and many people on this forum have been alive lol. I know there wont be a big deal made about OTW like what was done with Thriller, but it would be nice if there was something done for it. I hope we get some bonus tracks or something.

Wow, it's crazy to think it's been almost 30 years since that album was released. Damn, that's longer than myself and many people on this forum have been alive lol. I know there wont be a big deal made about OTW like what was done with Thriller, but it would be nice if there was something done for it. I hope we get some bonus tracks or something.

Yeah, 30 years of Michael Magic!

he said this when?

This is excellent, exactly what everyone's been waiting for - Off The Wall's 30th anniversary. I've actually been counting down days, I thought they'd forgotten, but they haven't. What a relief.

This is excellent, exactly what everyone's been waiting for - Off The Wall's 30th anniversary. I've actually been counting down days, I thought they'd forgotten, but they haven't. What a relief.

:D:punk::D

Yeah good they didn't, but then again you should have known. Sony would NEVER forget a reason why to re-re-rerelease Mike's songs! :lol:

They could do it like this:

Disc 1-
1. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
2. Rock With You
3.Workin' Day And Night
4. Get On The Floor
5. Off The Wall
6. Girlfriend
7. She's Out Of My Life
8. I Can't Help It
9. It's The Falling In Love
10. Burn This Disco Out
11. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough (Original Demo Recording)
12. Rock With You(Original Demo Recording)*
13. Workin' Day And Night (Original Demo Recording)
14. Off The Wall (Instrumental)
15. Get On The Floor (Original Album Mix)
16. Rock With You (Original Album Mix)

Disc 2
1. Sunset Driver
2. Got To Find A Way Somehow
3. Susie
4. She's Out Of My Life (Alternate Vocal Mix)
5. unreleased OTW track
6. unreleased OTW track
7. unreleased OTW track
8. unreleased OTW track
9. Off The Wall (7' remix)
10. Rock With You (Frankie's Favorite Club Mix)
11. Workin' Day And Night (Instrumental)
12. I Can't Help It (Instrumental)
13. Rock With You (Instrumental)
14. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough (Alternate Version) (if one exists)
15. It's The Falling In Love (Longer Version) (if one exists)

Completely Remastered
Demos and Alternate Mixes
Newly Revamped booklet with essays and words of expression by Quincy Jones, George Duke, Louis Johnson, Nelson George, Greg Philliganes, and Bruce Swedien
rare photos with scans of memorbillia

and then they could do an "Ultimate Albums" installment for OTW on VH1

A 2 disc special edition for the 30th anniversary would be nice.

But - I would like more unreleased songs, I'm not into all these remixes! give me demo's, rarieties and previously unreleased songs!

How can Sony be doing all this if their contract expired in 2003 and Emjay obtained all his masters? Is that contract just for studio albums?
mj is hardly gonna tell them no if he has full control of it. its a money maker for no effort

Cool! great news!

Great news??

There's no news :lol:

We are only guessing that Phony won't miss this great chance for them to make some easy money!

:lol: :lol:

If there is nothing RELLY special on the 30th anniversary edition, i rather they DO NOT release it!!

Dang! :smilerolleyes: Didn't anyone see it coming...:fortuneteller:
Come on now....
those "Off- the- Wall" bookstore visits,
not once, but twice! ....
as if to tell you something...
:innocent::rolleyes2:

I think Off The Wall deserves a 30th Anniversary Edition, it's one of the greats albums of all time and because of the sales of Thriller an over looked album.

As long as a 30th Anniversary of the Off The Wall album contains some previously unreleased songs and a few more demos, I will buy the album.

At first I was disappointed when I read the title of this thread. However, I have started to think differently...

Maybe Sony are doing this (as well as their HEAVY promotion for Thriller 25 and KoP albums) because they know that the next Michael Jackson album is going to be HUGE and they want to be a part of it.

Maybe this is Sony proving to Jackson's camp that they are serious about promoting and being a part of his new album as they know that it will be a massive money maker.

I guess these albums were also tests for them to see if Michael can still generate sales (which clearly he can) and in the process, building hype for the next new album in case he does release it under Sony.

Just a thought....

Back