Favorite version of Slave To The Rhythm?

My favorite version of STTR is the original version definitely!

Im thinking of adding a similar drum beat from the Original (Which i adore) to Tricky's version. You guys think that would sound good?

All versions are great really!!

Perfect song!

im still hoping that someone takes the STTR demo and adds some funky stuff to it.
keep the cool beat and dont filter things out, just add missing stuff.

(kaiDs alternative mix was already quite nice)

I dont know about you guys, but i keep listening to the Xscape versions of STTR over and over, TRYING to like them. I dont hate them in any way but feel as if the leaked version that we always had before sounds better, atleast in my opinion. The con-temporized album version doesnt sound like MJ's style, so as a MJ fan i have trouble liking any of it. The demo sounds more like Michael but like most demos, it sounds too plain and unfinished to enjoy as an actual song. The leaked version is real catchy, the beat syncs in with the vocals perfectly and to this day i still prefer that over any other version. idk what do you guys think?

This pretty much summarizes my exact thoughts on STTR. When the dance mixed leaked a few years ago, myself and my friends were like WOW THIS IS THE SHIZNIT SO AWESOME HE WAS MOVING IN THIS DIRECTION! And it's one of my absolute favorite workout songs. The demo original version is interesting from a songwriting/production standpoint, but I agree that I liked our perceived "original" way better.

Then again, who doesn't love those old smooth jazz demos of PYT?!

Back