'Faking Michael' Podcast Out Now

Everyone on this thread is just going after Damien for some reason. Might be best to stay out of this
I appreciate his effort and his enthusiasm for the project, it just doesn’t hit as hard as it should. The high points are amazing, it just drags on way too long imo. Nothing against him, it is a solid series.

I wonder if anyone here remembers the day the pre-mix of KYHU (before the album release) leaked and we all were like WTF is that earth song vocal… 😅 people were claiming it’s a fanmade mix but I knew it was literally copy and pasted there by the cascios.

I wonder if anyone here remembers the day the pre-mix of KYHU (before the album release) leaked and we all were like WTF is that earth song vocal… 😅 people were claiming it’s a fanmade mix but I knew it was literally copy and pasted there by the cascios.
I don't think i ever heard it. I wonder if the entire Bible album is actually just demo's that MJ once worked on but never got around to finishing. And they had Jason "finish" them.

I've only heard a few episodes, but I'm enjoying it so far. It's stretched out and a touch repetitive at times, but credit to Damien and his team they've worked really hard on this and it shows. It's very informative

Looking back at it now nearly 15 years on (funny how time flies) it's almost unbelievable that it happened in the first place. It's such a shame how it fractured the fan base

Is that better for general audiences or the hardcore fan? That seems the most like what the subject debate is about.
In my opinion, it enhances the experience for both audiences. For the general audience, the host is showing rather than just telling a story that was completely unknown to them, and for the diehard fans, it offers exclusive snippets that add more texture to the story.

I heard the podcast. But based off of Monster and Water, it isn't out of the question that the cascio tracks are repurposed ideas.
They're just ripoffs of MJ's songs in general, not just his demos. You can tell songs like Soldier Boy and All Right are basically copies of TDCAU and Stranger In Moscow respectively.

As told in the podcast these songs were already registered at the copyright office in around 2004 with different titles and without MJ in the credits. Then they were registered again with different titles and MJ in credits (and MJ/Jason Vocals) just two days after MJ died! Means that the second registration isn’t even valid because you can’t register the same work twice.. but to trick the copyright office they just used different titles…

Just because they probably wrote these songs to present MJ sometime doesn’t mean that the songs have a connection to MJ…
Even if MJ heard them there is no connection. It’s pretty obvious why he did not record them (if he ever heard them).. because they aren’t very good.

Also the guy who was hired to mix the songs is interviewed and he mixed these songs in 2008. and guess what.. they had no MJ vocals. But apparently MJ had record them in 2007 at the cascios basement..

I mean it’s pretty obvious.. and Jason saying he can’t deny or confirm it speaks volumes

I appreciate his effort and his enthusiasm for the project, it just doesn’t hit as hard as it should. The high points are amazing, it just drags on way too long imo. Nothing against him, it is a solid series.
A project like this is a huge boon and a benefit to Michael Jackson's name. It's also ironic that we have a series that's better than the (fake) songs they're about. And probably one of the best documentaries we've gotten about one era of the constant nonsense going on in MJ's world.

Hopefully it'll just lead to other ventures about this Casio subject. I've never gotten good vibes off any of them and would love to see at least some of them in prison.

Looking back at it now nearly 15 years on (funny how time flies) it's almost unbelievable that it happened in the first place. It's such a shame how it fractured the fan base

I really don't think people nowadays really truly understand the damage the fake songs did to the fan community, in a time when we need each other the most. So many people were banned from here on MJJC due to fake songs, as a hard line was drawn. Thats a damage that can never be healed, and is evident today, as MJJC has become a place of ridicule that most have abandoned. What was once a safe sanctuary and a home, now echo's with the ghosts of times past, all due to the fake songs.

Did it mention anything about the All Right and Ready 2 Win CDs that MJ owned?
They were mentioned briefly, it's assumed that MJ was given those CDs to listen to by Eddie as he was taking ideas for new songs at the time.

Eddie was likely planning to ask MJ if he would record the songs when he went to London.

I really don't think people nowadays really truly understand the damage the fake songs did to the fan community, in a time when we need each other the most. So many people were banned from here on MJJC due to fake songs, as a hard line was drawn. Thats a damage that can never be healed, and is evident today, as MJJC has become a place of ridicule that most have abandoned. What was once a safe sanctuary and a home, now echo's with the ghosts of times past, all due to the fake songs.
It was a war zone. I wholeheartedly couldn't agree with this post more.

Last edited:
The estate has lost support in almost every sector, but to be honest they never had it, ever since This Is It there was some people going against the grain. This would never be a smooth transition.

I’m just so tired, dude. Damien brings these songs up once a week. I understand the situation, but after nearly 14 years and the successful petition to get them taken off the album… at what point are we gonna just stop talking about them and move on? I listened to the first episode, and it’s just a regurgitation of things we already know. Maybe it improves moving forward, but I dunno. This just seems like something nobody cares about anymore.

I would’ve preferred he stayed with his initial idea, a book detailing MJ’s last three years of recording sessions and the production of MICHAEL. It’s not my business or place to say how someone should use their resources, but meeting with MJ’s collaborators and friends to discuss the goddamn Cascio tracks feels like such an insane waste.

“Blue Gangsta” and “Escape.” I believe this was mentioned in a IRS-related court document a few years ago.
I disagree vehemently, this needs more exposure! There are still people out there that think we’re conspiracy theorists and believe wholeheartedly that the Malachi vocals are in fact Michael himself. Also doesn’t help with Oprah having her segment on it back in the day and mocking the situation.

@DamienShields
1) " [...] The statute of limitations on fraud of this nature doesn’t start counting down until the fraud has ceased completely, and the Estate still allows the 10-track CD to be sold in various places, including the official MJONE store in Vegas."

2) "Yes. The estate could easily order the store to remove the 10-track edition from the shelves immediately [...] "

3) "There will be at least two more episodes [...] "

Awesome that Bill is giving it a listen. Hopefully he posts some more detailed thoughts.
It could really go next level. 😲

In the meantime, interesting thoughts from X:

@JuliaBerkowitz1
1) "I also like it how you approach it from a lot of different directions: forensic experts, administrative investigation (the registration history of the Cascio tracks in the copyright office)..."

2) "...the behavior of the culprits (BS excuses, secretive behavior, weird remarks, eg. "I can't confirm or deny", "My job was to make MJ sound like MJ" etc)."

3) "It's going to be interesting if with the rise of AI we are going to have a lot more cases like this and this might serve as a precedent in a lot of ways."

Me saying Damien was trying to protit off of MJ was not me saying he's a bad person for it. It's really the natural effect of using his fandom to a degree that has a feedback impact to us fans, and the wider world.

I think now, everything MJ begins to register in a value of what it reaps, whether it's popularity, good will for Michael, or finances. That is a valid discussion and can probably be had, but maybe not in the review thread for the podcast or whatever this is. Anyway.

Back