EXCLUSIVE: Metatron to Release Michael Jackson HIStory Concert on All Mobile Platforms

Not sure about the fact that it was never aired in the US, because it definitely aired on HBO - Home Box Office LIVE in 95-96. I remember this because my moms has a VHS recording of the entire concert w/ the HBO logo visible in the lower right corner. Anyway, this is great to finally have it in HD. For the folks that are confused, it will be released on iTunes as well, not just for mobile phones. Also the article didn't state a release date, that's a bit odd.

Contact Music wrote it became available on March 5th, but I can't find it on itunes.

Bosses at Internet holding company Metatron have pieced together the concert movie, featuring the late King of Pop onstage and backstage during the 82-date tour. The film was made available on all mobile platforms on Friday (05Mar10).

Footage also includes rarely seen footage of Jackson behind the scenes, rare photographs and performances of hits like They Don't Care About Us, In The Closet, Wanna Be Startin' Something, Smooth Criminal, I Want You Back, Billie Jean, Thriller and Beat It.

Being from the USA, I've never been able to see a full length HIStory tour. It wasn't show on TV here. I guess this is better than nothing, but I was really hoping for a DVD.

Being from the USA, I've never been able to see a full length HIStory tour. It wasn't show on TV here. I guess this is better than nothing, but I was really hoping for a DVD.
You, my friend, should check out the 2000 Watts section.

I've never sat through and watched Munich but I'v eheard a lot of bad things about it. Why do they keep making horrible choices with waht to give us? First This is it, the single, now they pick a concert from a night when he was sick?

Leaves me even more worried about the new album. Are they purposely going to sort through the hundreds of unreleased tracks and intentionally try to give us the worst 10 songs out of the bunch?

I hope it's not Munich... Worst Billie Jean performance ever.

I heard it might be a lot of episodes from many concerts LOL

I think Munich is still a really good show, not one of his best performances but still really look. Shame this is the only concert in HD.

Bosses at Internet holding company Metatron have pieced together the concert movie, featuring the late King of Pop onstage and backstage during the 82-date tour. The film was made available on all mobile platforms on Friday (05Mar10).

Footage also includes rarely seen footage of Jackson behind the scenes, rare photographs and performances of hits like They Don't Care About Us, In The Closet, Wanna Be Startin' Something, Smooth Criminal, I Want You Back, Billie Jean, Thriller and Beat It. .

The bold text makes me think this is not one concert, but a montage of different HIStory tour concerts put together. This could be good, but the trouble with HIStory is that he never sang most of the songs live, so when people see it they'll just be disappointed by his miming no matter which songs they throw together, which unfortunately for Mike is not acceptable these days.

I am a firm believer that any singer should put singing the songs above dancing, especially when they get to an age where their stamina is going to cause a problem. In the early 20s they can sing and dance if they're good enough but by the late 30s it's definitely time to concentrate on singing the songs above dancing.

Hope it's not Munich. Even Michael himself admitted that it wasn't a great show

i cant think of any other History concert apart from Munich that Michael had covered with 50 cameras, so I wouldnt get your hopes up. Munich was scheduled for some kind of release but Michael stopped it due to not being happy with the show overall as some have mentioned here, id say anything is better than nothing.

Just searched and can't see it.

It will be available starting March 22nd on itunes. It will work on mobile phones & the pad. The PR does not state it, but I hope it works on the mac as well.

I don't think it is the Munich show, their latest press release state the show was compiled by the company and it is 2h30 minutes.

Munich wasn't that long. I think they pieced it together from several shows.

Also, it says it is an official release, therefore Branca & McClain will have the final say, just as they did for TII, to make sure this concert is up to MJ's standard.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/me...ease-for-ipad-2010-03-08?reflink=MW_news_stmp

It will be available starting March 22nd on itunes. It will work on mobile phones & the pad. The PR does not state it, but I hope it works on the mac as well.

I don't think it is the Munich show, their latest press release state the show was compiled by the company and it is 2h30 minutes.

Also, it says it is an official release, therefore Branca & McClain will have the final say, just as they did for TII, to make sure this concert is up to MJ's standard.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/me...ease-for-ipad-2010-03-08?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Ah thanks for the info :)

I really hope that there'll be a dvd release - haven't seen HIStory in good quality yet!

We have Munich already in incredible quality! The rest of the shows are all good or great quality as well.

Auckland, Copenheagen, Gothenburg, Helsinki and Seoul are all great quality.

Thats why im not to thrilled with them releasing a HIStory concert, when we have so many in good quality already. Perhaps its just building up to a big Bad Tour DVD release in the future.

Blood on the dancing floor?? :mellow:

I've never sat through and watched Munich but I'v eheard a lot of bad things about it. Why do they keep making horrible choices with waht to give us? First This is it, the single, now they pick a concert from a night when he was sick?

Leaves me even more worried about the new album. Are they purposely going to sort through the hundreds of unreleased tracks and intentionally try to give us the worst 10 songs out of the bunch?
:lmao: I hope they won't. Munich is not so bad. After all it's Michael.

*throws all that in the air *
with excitment .
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanx for the info.
Is it gonna be available on itunes europe as well or it's just an american release ?

so , to sum up ....the all important question ...

WHEN IS THIS BEING RELEASED , WHAT DATE ?

look at metatron's website and products:

http://www.metatroninc.com/OurCompanies.html

basically they have released only garbage/only have garbage in their portfolio.

and look at the press release: "Managment" and "Blood on the Dancing Floor". That's no professional press release and that's no professional company.

I have no expectations that there's something behind this. It's most likely a hoax or a company seeking attention.

Is it me, or does this thing seem really odd!!!!!

I mean, from a business point of view, this seems like the least effective way of making money from past Michael Jackson concerts. And with the Estate, Sony and others looking to make the maximum amount of money of anything Michael related, this just doesn't fit in.

I, like many others, don't even own an Iphone. Whereas everyone owns a DVD player and a CD player (for live album).

And besides, they still need to pay Sony for the use of Michael's songs and there is no mention of them in the statement!!!!!!

yea i'm kinda konfused y their doin a mobile release and not a dvd/blu ray release. I know alot of ppl have a bad stigma about the HIStory tour, but I enjoyed it. it was his biggest set list to date. Finally America, with da exception of the ppl who use the forums like this one lol, can see the tour. Altho i'd LOVE to see one of the opening shows when he was singin live

Back