Exclusive: Inside Michael Jackson’s “Hollywood”

wow

they can't make you happy can they?

you complain for respect for Michael's artistry - a guy spends years researching it (Vogel has been working on this book for a few years BEFORE Michael's death) and now all his effort is rejected because he happens to have a different opinion than you (and supposedly you are an unbiased person respectful of other people's opinions)

for months and months everyone is criticized for altering with Michael's vision or not giving out as perfect final product as Michael could - the estate says here you go this is how he left the song and now that's being criticized?

wow

I'll be blunt. Michael is dead, he's gone. You'll never ever get a final product done by him. Nothing will have his final touch, his approval, his full vision. Everything will be done from now on will have someone else's touch. So you have 2 choices really. Either accept the reality and make your peace with "not perfect but better than nothing" releases to enjoy them or limit yourself to releases during Michael's lifetime to spare yourself from this anger and negativity.

I'll say this again -- it's quite transparent that some fans just hate this whole project. It's not even about the Cascio songs either. If it wasn't for that, they would've found something else to pick on (just like they are doing now). There's absolutely nothing anyone could do that will make them happy (even if they claim otherwise :))

They hated the HT vid even before seeing it, so.......

Better get ready for the Behind The Mask video bash-fest..... you know it's coming. :lol:

wow

they can't make you happy can they?

They're trying their best not to.

you complain for respect for Michael's artistry - a guy spends years researching it (Vogel has been working on this book for a few years BEFORE Michael's death) and now all his effort is rejected because he happens to have a different opinion than you (and supposedly you are an unbiased person respectful of other people's opinions)

All of his effort is rejected because he's regurgitating the 'official' version of events. Which, by all intents and purposes, is complete bullshit.

So let me get this straight, did you 'respect' Quincy Jones' opinion about Michael being ashamed of being black? And lying about having scarring on his lung (which was proved to be completely true in the autopsy)? Quincy WORKED with Michael for many years and even lived with him at one time. Did you 'respect' him for saying that? Because I tell you something, I didn't. And that was in the face of knowing that Quincy knew the man intimately.

Joe Voggel can't tell a Michael Jackson record from an imposter's record. And his view on the controversy happens to be the view of the 'official' version of events. I have absolutely no faith in anything he has to say on anything to do with Michael Jackson.

for months and months everyone is criticized for altering with Michael's vision or not giving out as perfect final product as Michael could - the estate says here you go this is how he left the song and now that's being criticized?

wow

Have you ignored all the screw-ups? Have you ignored the botch-job known as the 'Visions' boxset? Where they destroyed Michael Jackson's prized video collection? Have you ignored the story about uploading the 'wrong-mix' of Breaking News? The controversy about the Cascio songs? The controversy of the album cover? I could go on. Have you forgotten all of that? Because I haven't. I have absolutely ZERO faith in ANYTHING the estate does.

I'll be blunt. Michael is dead, he's gone. You'll never ever get a final product done by him. Nothing will have his final touch, his approval, his full vision. Everything will be done from now on will have someone else's touch. So you have 2 choices really. Either accept the reality and make your peace with "not perfect but better than nothing" releases to enjoy them or limit yourself to releases during Michael's lifetime to spare yourself from this anger and negativity.

Completely irrelevant. I'm a Michael Jackson fan. I have every right to have an opinion on what is released in his name.

samhabib;3311710 said:
They're trying their best not to.

All of his effort is rejected because he's regurgitating the 'official' version of events. Which, by all intents and purposes, is complete bullshit.

So let me get this straight, did you 'respect' Quincy Jones' opinion about Michael being ashamed of being black? And lying about having scarring on his lung (which was proved to be completely true in the autopsy)? Quincy WORKED with Michael for many years and even lived with him at one time. Did you 'respect' him for saying that? Because I tell you something, I didn't. And that was in the face of knowing that Quincy knew the man intimately.

Joe Voggel can't tell a Michael Jackson record from an imposter's record. And his view on the controversy happens to be the view of the 'official' version of events. I have absolutely no faith in anything he has to say on anything to do with Michael Jackson.

Have you ignored all the screw-ups? Have you ignored the botch-job known as the 'Visions' boxset? Where they destroyed Michael Jackson's prized video collection? Have you ignored the story about uploading the 'wrong-mix' of Breaking News? The controversy about the Cascio songs? The controversy of the album cover? I could go on. Have you forgotten all of that? Because I haven't. I have absolutely ZERO faith in ANYTHING the estate does.

Completely irrelevant. I'm a Michael Jackson fan. I have every right to have an opinion on what is released in his name.

I got one quote for you about Joes book and this quote for the MJ fans who know MJ's music means alot :D

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]
[FONT=times new roman,times]"The most thorough and accurate portrayal of Michael's musical life I've ever seen." [/FONT]​
—Brad Buxer, Songwriter/Musician, Music Director for Dangerous and HIStory World Tours
[/FONT]

Birchey;3311714 said:
I got one quote for you about Joes book and this quote for the MJ fans who know MJ's music means alot :D

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]
[FONT=times new roman,times]"The most thorough and accurate portrayal of Michael's musical life I've ever seen." [/FONT]​
—Brad Buxer, Songwriter/Musician, Music Director for Dangerous and HIStory World Tours
[/FONT]

You mean Brad Buxer... who stands to gain with every sale of the 'Michael' album? No way?! I can't see why he might have some personal, financial interest in any of this...

I wonder what he makes of the Cascio tracks :)

You mean Brad Buxer... who stands to gain with every sale of the 'Michael' album? No way?! I can't see why he might have some personal, financial interest in any of this...

I wonder what he makes of the Cascio tracks :)

Yes the same Brad Buxer who has the majority of his credit stripped away from the songs on "Michael" when they turned his and Michaels songs into shadows of what they used to be.

The same Brad Buxer who has never openly bashed Michael, who Michael trusted and worked with for well over a decade.

The same Brad Buxer who is as responsible for some of the magic in Michaels songs as Michael is himself.

The same Brad Buxer who Toured with Michael on 2 world tours, bringing the magic of Michael music to stadiums filled with fan

The same Brad Buxer who Michael worked heavily with 1998/1999 and made tons of amazing songs, which Michael kept back from Invincible.

Yes the same Brad Buxer who has the majority of his credit stripped away from the songs on "Michael" when they turned his and Michaels songs into shadows of what they used to be.

The same Brad Buxer who has never openly bashed Michael, who Michael trusted and worked with for well over a decade.

The same Brad Buxer who is as responsible for some of the magic in Michaels songs as Michael is himself.

The same Brad Buxer who Toured with Michael on 2 world tours, bringing the magic of Michael music to stadiums filled with fan

The same Brad Buxer who Michael worked heavily with 1998/1999 and made tons of amazing songs, which Michael kept back from Invincible.

Ah yeah... a bit like Greg Phillinganes who worked with Michael on some of his greatest material and went on multiple tours with Michael and somehow still claimed that Michael Jackson sang on the Cascio tracks. While making a sweet profit from sales of the 'Michael' album.

I get your point!

Ah yeah... a bit like Greg Phillinganes who worked with Michael on some of his greatest material and went on multiple tours with Michael and somehow still claimed that Michael Jackson sang on the Cascio tracks. While making a sweet profit from sales of the 'Michael' album.

I get your point!

People aren't allowed to think its Michael on the Cascio tracks then?

I get your point!

No thats the point you never get anyones point!

Stop tip-toeing around s**t just to put in a random answer, it seriously makes you look like you aint got a clue what your talking about :doh:

Thats FIVE people who have worked and produced with MJ that I have seen you diss in the last hour. thats extremely disrespectful, these guys regardless of their own opinions are legend and made some beautiful work with Michael.

Did it ever cross your narrow mind that maybe Brad might actually be finally talking about his work with Michael, because of the fact they screwed his songs so much on "Michael"????

I got an idea I am gonna make a notepad of Generic Samhabib replies so we can all spend our time on MJJC ONLY in the "Michael" controversy threads just replying to people posts about how Michael was screwed by everyone who ever knew him and how every MJ song should be creditted to him regardless of who else put input into it.

Seriously its just getting annoying now, try and actually put some input into this fan community instead of degrading everyone elses opinions. I am getting bored of your constant "Broken Record" posts now, seriously they are dead boring and we usually know what you are gonna write before you post, it just disrupts the flow of conversation.

@samhabib
I think you're paranoid and complicated!

If you know good music, i'll know it's just garbage.

People aren't allowed to think its Michael on the Cascio tracks then?

They can think what they want. I won't buy anything they have to say on the matter, though.

Aren't people allowed to have an opinion other than the same as yours?

They can think what they want. I won't buy anything they have to say on the matter, though.

Aren't people allowed to have an opinion other than the same as yours?

Thats the whole point, you don't accept or allow any other opinions to your own!

Countless times I have seen you belittle people, talk down to them and put them down just for thinking MJ is on the Cascio songs, its just unacceptable. Just because someone believes something different to you, it doesn't make their opinion on other topics less valuable or factually correct, and it definitely doesn't give you the right to completely dismiss anything they have to say.

No thats the point you never get anyones point!

Complete bullshit.

Stop tip-toeing around s**t just to put in a random answer, it seriously makes you look like you aint got a clue what your talking about :doh:

Irrelevant nonsense.

Thats FIVE people who have worked and produced with MJ that I have seen you diss in the last hour. thats extremely disrespectful, these guys regardless of their own opinions are legend and made some beautiful work with Michael.

You're right, Quincy Jones is a legend. I, however, didnt' respect him claiming Michael Jackson was ashamed of being black on national TV days after his death. Did you?

Did it ever cross your narrow mind that maybe Brad might actually be finally talking about his work with Michael, because of the fact they screwed his songs so much on "Michael"????

If you're going to talk to me like a prick, am I allowed to respond in kind? Brad Buxer's is pissed off about his songs being screwed with? How do you feel about that? Considering you've become an apologist for the Estate, who are now 'listening to the fans'? Have you told Brad that? That the Estate screwed with his songs because they were 'listening to the fans'? Make up your mind. Either the Estate have screwed up or they haven't.

I got an idea I am gonna make a notepad of Generic Samhabib replies so we can all spend our time on MJJC ONLY in the "Michael" controversy threads just replying to people posts about how Michael was screwed by everyone who ever knew him and how every MJ song should be creditted to him regardless of who else put input into it.

Seriously its just getting annoying now, try and actually put some input into this fan community instead of degrading everyone elses opinions. I am getting bored of your constant "Broken Record" posts now, seriously they are dead boring and we usually know what you are gonna write before you post, it just disrupts the flow of conversation.

In other words, 'don't have an opinion of your own'.

What are you even talking about? Where have I stopped someone from having an opinion???

If anyone has an opinion different to your own, you shoot them down and completely dismiss the value of their thoughts on anything else eg previous pages in this thread ;)

If anyone has an opinion different to your own, you shoot them down and completely dismiss the value of their thoughts on anything else eg previous pages in this thread ;)

If someone has a Michael Jackson product to sell and believes the Cascio songs are Michael Jackson songs, I will not buy it.

What is the issue with that?

If Ian Halperin talks crap in his book about Michael Jackson, the majority of the fanbase will not buy it and they will not have ANY faith in ANYTHING he has to say about Michael Jackson. Isn't that correct?

Complete bullshit.

Irrelevant nonsense.

You're right, Quincy Jones is a legend. I, however, didnt' respect him claiming Michael Jackson was ashamed of being black on national TV days after his death. Did you?

If you're going to talk to me like a prick, am I allowed to respond in kind? Brad Buxer's is pissed off about his songs being screwed with? How do you feel about that? Considering you've become an apologist for the Estate, who are now 'listening to the fans'? Have you told Brad that? That the Estate screwed with his songs because they were 'listening to the fans'? Make up your mind. Either the Estate have screwed up or they haven't.

In other words, 'don't have an opinion of your own'.

:baby:

If someone has a Michael Jackson product to sell and believes the Cascio songs are Michael Jackson songs, I will not buy it.

What is the issue with that?

If Ian Halperin talks crap in his book about Michael Jackson, the majority of the fanbase will not buy it and they will not have ANY faith in ANYTHING he has to say about Michael Jackson. Isn't that correct?

There is a massive difference between Ian bloody Halperin and people like Brad and Greg and you know it.

There is a massive difference between Ian bloody Halperin and people like Brad and Greg and you know it.

To whom? To you? Fine. But not to me.

So who is not accepting whose right to an opinion here?

Let me get this right, anyone who claims that the Cascio songs are legitimate AND stands to gain financially from saying so, I have no respect for them and have no faith in them. If other fans feel differently, good for them. But that's how I feel.

To whom? To you? Fine. But not to me.

So who is not accepting whose right to an opinion here?

Please don't twist my words, I'm not completely dismissing your views on other topics just because you believe it is Jason Malachi or whoever on the Cascio tracks :scratch:

Back on topic now people, this thing keeps getting derailed and its only gonna lead to the thread being closed and cleaned.

does somebody know, when the vocals for HT have been recorded?
afaik he worked since 2001 on this song and reworked it in 2007.

what did he do in this time? 2001 instrumental, 2007 vocals?
and what exactly might he have reworked in 07?

i hoped his vocals are from 2007 :p

Just resurrecting this thread because I found this bridge on Max Jax that Michael supposedly wrote....It's different from the bridge at the beginning of this thread....Does anyone know where it came from? Maybe it was an alternate one? And if he had this, as well as the other written bridge, why the eff didn't Teddy use any of it? Ah yes, to earn himself a songwriting credit....I mean, there's so much to work with here! What a waste, Teddy! :angry:

Bridge]
she's to young and she's afraid
she's streetwalking at her age
she sold her body to get paid
police is stalking her today
they know that she run away
all she can do now is pray
it's too much for a girl her age

(this one is according to Joe Vogel in the article)

She doesn’t even have a ticket
She doesn’t even have a way back home
She’s lost and she’s alone
There’s no place for her to go
She is young and she is cold
Just like her father told her so

^^If the other version is also written by Michael, it's pretty clear what direction Michael wanted to take Hollywood Tonight to. The song is about the sad and ugly side of Hollywood dream.

I know Michael is not here with us. He didn't complete the song. Still, it's very frustrating to see how others just took the liberty to totally change his idea and presented something opposite what Michael would have wanted to us. From Teddy's re-written bridge to the video... sigh...

^^If the other version is also written by Michael, it's pretty clear what direction Michael wanted to take Hollywood Tonight to. The song is about the sad and ugly side of Hollywood dream.

I know Michael is not here with us. He didn't complete the song. Still, it's very frustrating to see how others just took the liberty to totally change his idea and presented something opposite what Michael would have wanted to us. From Teddy's re-written bridge to the video... sigh...

I know...gawd, I've exhausted this topic...but it makes me so angry when they have clear cut path of what he wanted...and then they change it?! It seemed Teddy did the minimal amount for max profit...Changing the lyrics gives him a song writing credit and extra royalties....We've heard Birchey's mix, it's phenomenal! MUCH MUCH better than what Teddy did...I mean, these people had ample opportunity to do some amazing things with what he left us...and what do they do? They include fake tracks on the album, and when they do have a genuine MJ song, they f*ck that up too.....Now, if anyone wants to say I'm whining and complaining, well, then so be it....I'll whine and complain for Michael all I want! lol

Back