Elvis, Lennon, Jackson – Poll which entertainer had the greatest impact on the culture?- VOTE!!!

Have you guys read some of the comments on that page? Here are some nice ones:

"Jackson sold a lot of records but I cant see how he affected the culture except for whatever influence he may have had in the mid 80's."

"If not for Elvis and Lennon there would be no Jackson."

"I agree. To me Elvis ruined blues. But without him there'd be no motown and without motown there'd be no Jackson 5 "

"Jackson = over-rated Thriller is soulless."

"but to say that he broke any kind of racial barriers is just not the way it was."

"He was a media creation and it continues. Somebody make it stop, please make it stop."

"He sang some catchy tunes, but as far as a person with any depth, I don't believe he had any at all."

"Jackson influenced pop and dance (minimally)."

"Michael Jackson didn't say anything either implicitly or explicitly about his times."

"Michael Jackson sang and danced well. That's all."

"Gosh, the polling leaves me sad. Can't believe that so few people rated Jackson as the least of the three. Disappointing!"

LOL

^^wait, where are the nice ones??????

anyway, voted! MJ with 56%. geez, we sure are good!

^^wait, where are the nice ones??????

anyway, voted! MJ with 56%. geez, we sure are good!

I was being a bit sarcastic. There are very few positive comments on that web page, but then again, this is the website that put Janis Joplin in the same ballpark as Michael.

And we are good at poll stacking here at MJJC. We should do it more often. It's kind of fun. I wonder where the poll would be without our help.

Which rock and roll or pop entertainer had the greatest impact on the culture?
Elvis Presley
pollbar.gif
197 votes - 20 % John Lennon
pollbar.gif
218 votes - 22 % Michael Jackson
pollbar.gif
569 votes - 57 % 984 Total VotesPoll submitted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 at 06:24:51 PM PDT
Back to Elvis, Lennon, Jackson – Poll which entertainer had the greatest impact on the culture?.

VOTED FOR OUR ANGEL

PollWhich rock and roll or pop entertainer had the greatest impact on the culture?
Elvis Presley 20%198 votesJohn Lennon 22%218 votesMichael Jackson 58%570 votes | 986 votes | Vote | Results

Update: Wow this looks like an Iranian election. Went to be bed with MJ in third place with about 50 of 320 votes cast and this morning he as stormed into the lead.

OK fess up who linked this to a Jackson fan club site? ;-)

Man LOL

Back