Elton John Ok, out of hospital now.

Re: Elton John In Hospital

Reghead, thanks for the photo! I love it!! Super cute!

Last edited:

I heard about this. I really hope he gets well soon. :(

:( I like Elton John... hope not to loose him also...

Last edited:

Reghead, thanks for the photo! I love it!! Super cute!

Your welcome! Glad you liked it!

in that interview, though, he implies that Michael was guilty because he settled. at least, that's what I got out of it.

You have to know about Elton, that in the 80's he had something similar happen, where he was accused of things with boys. Elton sued the newspaper that started it, went through hell because of it but he won. They ended up having to pay out, and put an entire page apology in their paper.

I think he was dissapointed that Michael didn't fight, not trying to say he was guilty. Elton is one of those people that would know exactly what it's like to be in that position, where people hit below the belt to try to extort money.

Saw this on CNN though it's original source seems to be People:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/11/02/elton.john.flu/index.html

His spokeperson says he is "absolutely fine" -- whew, and I hope he is able to leave the hospital soon!

Yep it's the first thing I looked up when I woke up this morning. I wonder if they will let him go today like he wants or make him stay longer. I imagine all the puking and all from the ecoli had him very dehydrated. I'm really relieved he's gonna be okay! :)

I love Elton, I hope he gets well soon. :(

Oh man I hope he gets well soon...I don't really listen to his music but I like him however.

i hope he's alright. i hope he gets the best care.

it doesn't matter whether one likes him or not.

his musical style is a favrorite of mine though. and his piano work is beautifully unmistakable.

Much love to Elton, I'll keep him in my thoughts.

*sigh* What a great year! :no:

Wow 6 cancelled shows? I hadn't heard he was ill or had cancelled shows. Glad to hear he seems to be getting better.

Just wanted to post in this thread, that EJ officially left the hospital on Thursday morning.... finally! :clapping:

They kept him almost a week, but were doing a ton of tests and treating him with really heavy antibiotics... apparantly the influenza was pretty severe and he couldn't talk and was struggling breathing.

The may have kept him so long since he doesn't like to stop friggin working, so he could actually get some rest to get better. Of course like ten minutes after he was released his agent said Elton was flying to the US next week and resuming the Face To Face tour by the 14th.... so much for him taking time to rest... :mello:

Thanks you guys for cheering me up while I was so worried :wub:

Wow...thanks for keeping us updated!! So glad to hear he's out of the hospital now.

:huggy:
he gonna be alright
don't worry hun =]

The Bitch is officially back :D (if your an Elton fan you'll know what i mean don't take offense at it) glad he got out of Hospital but i agree with others when they say he needs to rest first to get his engery back up

The Bitch is officially back :D (if your an Elton fan you'll know what i mean don't take offense at it) glad he got out of Hospital but i agree with others when they say he needs to rest first to get his engery back up

Yep, the bitch is definately back :clapping:

I know, I know... he always rushes and pushes himself. Like after he had that pacemaker put in he just wanted to do everything right away and for the most part, he didnt listen and did. I would have no problem, as a big fan, if he just took some time off. I'd rather he be healthy and happy and alive then pushing himself to the brink all the time.

I know, I know... he always rushes and pushes himself. Like after he had that pacemaker put in he just wanted to do everything right away and for the most part, he didnt listen and did. I would have no problem, as a big fan, if he just took some time off. I'd rather he be healthy and happy and alive then pushing himself to the brink all the time.

Yes, I feel this way about all of the artists I admire; I wish they would take the time off when needed. I guess the driving ambition that gets them to where they are also makes it difficult to stop and relax. And also when they are super successful the schedules are laid out so far in advance and employ so many other people. One of my musical theatre heroes is Andrew Lloyd Webber -- who has recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer and is getting treated and not doing any work until the new year -- and I am so grateful that he is taking the time out to recover and not doing work until the start of 2010.

I am so happy EJ is well again. Reghead, I'm also glad we got to meet in this thread although the circumstances didn't start out as happy. Also I adore your siggy with the EJ/MJ photo and your additions of the albums down the sides! :)

My prayers are with Elton. I have much respect for him.

The Bitch is officially back :D

Who could not love Elton?! The man is brilliant, an incredibly lasting legend. He was a great friend to Michael in difficult times and I'm grateful.

There's the most beautiful scene in the film Almost Famous where a rock band and its entourage are on its bus. They've been fighting and are silent and depressed. One of them starts singing "Tiny Dancer", and one by one they all join in, and become radiantly transformed by the music.

His music unites globally in a way very reminiscent of Michael.

Back