do your family think you are going over the top with your grief for michael?

man.in.the.mirror

Proud Member
mine do,whilst speaking with my mother she was saying she knows how upset i feel he was a great singer,they didn,t even like him the past 6 yrs,but i am being over fanatical about michael in mourning to much for him,and for the sake of my 1o nearly 11yr old daughter should snap out of it,wish it was that easy, soone tell me how please?my daughters more grown up than they think she is i know she understands,i,m not walking round infront of her(my daughter)all day crying,she said children look up to their parents,and how do you think she feels*my daughter*when she sees you crying,i don,t know what i am going to do anymore,

Last edited:
Re: do your family think you are going over the top with your gief for michael?

Well im a teenager but my mother is not being supportive at all however my father is.

They really don't understand what he meant to us.

no people understand why I'm so upset. "you did'nt know him cuz you did'nt meet him.. try to put it aside"

well.. THAT doesent help me at all.. :(

xoxox

Last edited:

my mother grow up with his music :yes: and the funnyest thing she still say it thriller video still scary her :lol:

My boyfriend isn't being very supportive, he called him J****, "it's just a nick name for a guy you didn't even know anyway" :(

Seriously though, your Mom should know that he meant a lot to you, and even though you have a daughter, she is old enough for you to explain things to her, and everyone is allowed grieving time (it's only been 3 days!!).

My brother thinks I'm daft too, but who cares, people have to MOURN, it's not something you can just decided to 'skip'. Mourn for as long as you need to, until you get some closure. Just look after yourself, and your daughter.

My family is not being supportive at all! They never understood my love for Michael! Now it is the same! All they did is to scream at me! But I need hugs! Maybe that's why it is so hard for me to bear this! Because I feel soooo alone!

No my parents are supportive and everyting. My mom offered to drive me to the history statue in Best (Holland) whenever i like, and have a car. My family asked my dad how i was doing, i think they didn't dare to call.
The only person who isn't so supportive is my friend. Maybe that's coz she doesn't know how to react or anything coz she's not a fan but she didn't even text or call me after i came back from the statue and she knew i was going. The only thing she asked was if i could move it a day coz she wanted to go with me but couldn't make it yesterday. To me you simply don't ask such a thing of a friend who is in grief.

I am really sad reading your posts, I guess I'm extremely lucky as my husband and my family have been so supportive. I live in Dubai and my mum has called me from the UK every hour since the news broke. Even during the night she calls as she can't sleep either. I have received calls from many friends and have heard from people I used to go to school with and haven't seen for 10yrs, expressing their sorrow and letting me know they're thinking of me. All I can suggest to you guys is get your support from here, you know everyone here is going through the same as you are. I take great comfort in being here. Try and be strong, the pain will ease with every day that passes however little that ease may be. xxx

My family is not being supportive at all! They never understood my love for Michael! Now it is the same! All they did is to scream at me! But I need hugs! Maybe that's why it is so hard for me to bear this! Because I feel soooo alone!

Sending you a big hug..... You are not alone.

My family have been supportive but I think they think I will be over it by now. My boyfriend was amazing the night it happened and the day after. But yesterday he started snapping at me saying I'm ignoring him all the time and stuff. I just don't feel like talking right now. It's the last thing I need to be arguing. He went to visit his cousin last night and ended up staying over there...but I'm glad of the time alone tbh. I'm also supposed to be starting a temp job tomorrow for a week. It's the last thing I feel like doing and when I said that to my mum she practically shouted me down telling me I'm stupid. I don't know how I will get through the week. I don't even need the money...it's just a job for a week. I don't need the stress. *cries*

i,m 34yrs old and michael has been in my life since i was 12 or 13,i know this is gunna sound really terrible,i am married and i love my husband dearly i was a jackson fan when i met him,but in my head and my dreams i feel that i was married to michael also,

my father is being so mean and being jack ass about it he doesn't stop if you tell him to be quiet and tell my Shhhhhhh about it he doesn't stop :yes: :mat: making me :mat:

no people understand why I'm so upset. "you did'nt know him cuz you did'nt meet him.. try to put it aside"

well.. THAT doesent help me at all.. :(
people say that to me too,i know i never met him personally,but i bloody know him more than any of them after 22yrs,i don,t know,now i am still crying but at the same time i feel very angry with the world and 2 faced people,like a so called friend,well not much of a friend,our kids go to school together,she spoke to me on msn the other night ,how are you .i,ve been thinkin about you,then i,ve been told she is sending text jokes about michael around,wicked evil cow,also friday morning i phoned up my daughters school and left a message saying she wouldn,t be coming in,she had been up all night same as me when we heard the news,her young son comes out of school and says alisha*my daughter*wasn,t in school someone else said ,it,s probably because of the michael news,and this so called friend back stabbing bitch say laugthing,is she gunna put that in her letter to the school,how is she gunna get away with that,i couldn,t give a fuck about the school or what they think,my daughters never off school,i feel like smackin her face,but i,m better than that and so is michael,

but i bloody know him more than any of them after 22yrs,i don,t know,now i am still crying but at the same time i feel very angry with the world and 2 faced people,
^^
Know what you mean, but I get support, I simply don't need it. For what? They don't feel the (same) pain that I am feeling so I have to deal with myself like I did when Gina died so suddenly

That's exactly what it's like with me. My brother's mocking me for being sad and when I tried opening up to my mum she was saying crap like "everyone dies, you didnt even know him blah blah blah."

Argh I really do feel alone in all of this. Everytime I start feeling stronger and happier I suddenly start crying.

My boyfriend isn't being very supportive, he called him J****, "it's just a nick name for a guy you didn't even know anyway" :(

Seriously though, your Mom should know that he meant a lot to you, and even though you have a daughter, she is old enough for you to explain things to her, and everyone is allowed grieving time (it's only been 3 days!!).

My brother thinks I'm daft too, but who cares, people have to MOURN, it's not something you can just decided to 'skip'. Mourn for as long as you need to, until you get some closure. Just look after yourself, and your daughter.

Get rid of yr boyfriend, if he doesn't respect the person who means a lot to you then he's just a bad person, I dont think he deserves you

My parents have been supportive of me since I became a fan in 2001, especially my mum. She was at work when she heard the news and knew how upset I'd be. She consoled me while I cried.
My family's great. They're giving me my space.

I think all of my friends and family think this. I have never felt so alone.

That's exactly what it's like with me. My brother's mocking me for being sad and when I tried opening up to my mum she was saying crap like "everyone dies, you didnt even know him blah blah blah."

Argh I really do feel alone in all of this. Everytime I start feeling stronger and happier I suddenly start crying.

Oh dear, I know exactly how you feel! My parents are saying the same. That I never meet him, I don't know him... If I would die he won't cry for me because he doesn't care... blah blah...
And this is so hard to listen them because I know Michael would care about me, if he would know me! I am sure he would...
I am with you! God bless you!

cozzie and starone, I'm sorry your parents are like that.
*big hugs*
Fan forums like this one and MJJF are a godsend for that reason alone.
Being MJ fans has not been easy for a long time - but that's what makes us all so special.
Let's keep that rhinosaurus skin.

*big hugs*
Being MJ fans has not been easy for a long time - but that's what makes us all so special.
I know! If it wasn't MJJC maybe now I would be dead! I am spending houres and houres here, because now you are the only ones who understand my pain! I want to thank you all for your support!

It's difficult to understand for some people - that we feel that a part of us is gone now. They know that I'm was shocked thursday and friday, but they do not understand that I still grieve.

My sister is very supportive. My parents think I should stop crying over him after 3 days. But I can't. I'm 33 but I'm like a little girl, I feel like my heart has broken, I can't understand how would that happen. He supposed to be here together with his children. I think about this and I'm crying again.

my family is absolutely not supportive, they are just making fun of me...

My father doesn't get it at all,but my mother cried with me when I found out.
She knows how I feel because she went throught this as well when Freddie Mercury died. He was to her what Michael is to me. And she loved Michael herself as well.
In some ways that is very comforting, she is helping me through this.

I sometimes fear that people will make fun of the fact that I am grieving so much, but my mother keeps telling me that I have every right to feel this way because a part of me seems to have died with him.

@ the thread starter: its absolutely okay to griefe. u can explain ur children what happened and simply that a person u loved died. its that simple. and i dont see any problem if they see u crying. maybe they even want to console you.

im very lucky that my family and friends are supporting me.
they cant really understand it, but they accept and respect it.
i dont have to hide my tears (would be difficult 24/7 lol), but nonetheless im not talking to them about how i really feel inside. my mother would be too concerned about me and get me some help i dont want..

I don't really show it. They know I care about his death, though. I guess they don't know to what extent.

*big hugs*

I can't keep it any longer. I thought time would heal my pain but I swear I was stronger the day he died than I am now. I don't know what to do. :(

(I'm not suicidal, just to be clear)

Back