Do you think the King Of Pop Will be at the VMA Awards?

I hope he goes. Debut performance of Akon and MJ doing Hold My Hand. Afterall, Akon's album will be out in Oct, and that means lead single out in Sept. Timing would be good.

I'd have MJ do this:

Open the show with a dance based "Thriller-medley" (because it is the 25th Anniversary of the awards AND of Thriller - great way to officially wind down T25 promotions and celebrations)
So the opening would be similar to MTV 95 where he reeled off a medley of older hits.

Then, like 95, perform something new from the charts like he did with YANA, but this time it would be Hold My Hand....

Thats my idea... I dont see how in any way that could be a bad idea. Like in 1995, he would only agree to perform if MTV sign a contract permitting NO ONE to make jokes about him. :)

Totally agree...that would be great. However I can't see him going. Just my opinion

I hope he goes. Debut performance of Akon and MJ doing Hold My Hand. Afterall, Akon's album will be out in Oct, and that means lead single out in Sept. Timing would be good.

I'd have MJ do this:

Open the show with a dance based "Thriller-medley" (because it is the 25th Anniversary of the awards AND of Thriller - great way to officially wind down T25 promotions and celebrations)
So the opening would be similar to MTV 95 where he reeled off a medley of older hits.

Then, like 95, perform something new from the charts like he did with YANA, but this time it would be Hold My Hand....

Thats my idea... I dont see how in any way that could be a bad idea. Like in 1995, he would only agree to perform if MTV sign a contract permitting NO ONE to make jokes about him. :)
I Would love that one !
But i dont know how 'much chance this idea has..

if the single is out, he should take advantage of that and boost his confidence with a performance that would be nothing but positive feedback for him. I am not expecting him to be there though ... and refuse to hype myself up over that STANK AZZ station :chichi:

I doubt he'll be there but.... Those who say because nothing has been released yet... U know songs have been debuted on award shows before right??

I hope he does. And like someone else said, I hope he does a duet with Akon...just nice and laid back, simple. It'd be really nice.

if the single is out, he should take advantage of that and boost his confidence with a performance that would be nothing but positive feedback for him. I am not expecting him to be there though ... and refuse to hype myself up over that STANK AZZ station :chichi:

Im with you on this!!!! :punk::D

I hope not. His much-awaited comeback performance better not be on that lame "award show".

I just want to see him shine. He deserves nothing but the best.

I totally agree too!!...I want him to do a NEW MOVE!..haha..somethin new and modern...every move of his is signature already..but it would be awesome for him to do something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT..and just shock the world again!! but I don't think he's gonna show up!...

This is from a MTV article about the Host Russell Brand:

"I am proud to be hosting the MTV VMAs," Brand said. "I'm going to celebrate by doing lesbian kisses with both Britney and Madonna, and I'll be giving Michael Jackson a special award to celebrate his birthday — which, coincidentally, is also a lesbian kiss."

Do You Think The King of Pop Will Be At The VMA's? Yeah of course, Justin always shows up at the VMA's. Why would this year be any different?

Lol, J/K :p. No, I highly doubt Mike will show up but who know's really? We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
I totally agree too!!...I want him to do a NEW MOVE!..haha..somethin new and modern...every move of his is signature already..but it would be awesome for him to do something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT..and just shock the world again!! but I don't think he's gonna show up!...

This is from a MTV article about the Host Russell Brand:

"I am proud to be hosting the MTV VMAs," Brand said. "I'm going to celebrate by doing lesbian kisses with both Britney and Madonna, and I'll be giving Michael Jackson a special award to celebrate his birthday — which, coincidentally, is also a lesbian kiss."

:giggle: ... :mello: Ok... haha, or something? Is it from '02 or is thic recent?

Last edited:
If he would appear, I would love to see it the other way around: not Michael opening with a medley and then do Hold My Hand. I'd rather see a different performance (Akon), with Michael suddenly appearing and going into HMH. That way the surprise would be bigger.

is it that time of year again lol at least the presenter is an MJ fan.

Ok... haha, or something? Is it from '02 or is thic recent?
new

Last edited:
I don't think he'll go!

Not because he's angry with them or anything but because he isn't ready yet.

Had he released just 1 single, then maybe. But I don't see him go there just making the same usual stuff. If he goes it would be because he wants to present something new, IMO!

I am hoping Michael will make a surprise appearance and the VMA awards is next month so hoping Michael will be there

Why do you guys torture yourselves every year for every awards show that involves music? :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Absolutely not

1.MTV burned its bridge with Michael in 2002 and continues to talk crap about him. Remember that little skit with Jack Black and Fred Durst at the 2003 show?

2.MTV has lost credibility. If Michael were to do a comeback performance at an award show, at least do one with dignity, and I'm pretty sure Michael still respects himself lol

3.Who watches MTV for the music?

MTV as a music station has lost all credibility. News outlets/media, report about the MTV Awards every year still, only because it's a habit. What value do the awards have these days?

Why do you guys torture yourselves every year for every awards show that involves music? :scratch::scratch::scratch:
Exactly what I'm thinking

MTV isn't that fond of artists that are older than 40....unless you're Madonna

MTV have been treating Michael like crap for years. They played that low-down and dirty trick on him on his birthday and then spent the next few days making fun of him about it and giggling on their news shows. And they've continued in varying degrees to trash him since the trial as well. Unless Michael is unaware of all of this, I don't think he'll go.

anyone seen that film called groundhog day. we should just bump the old threads from 1-2-3-4-5 years ago

Michael won't be attending the VMA's
Infact I don't even know why i'm bothering to post this reply because it will only course more hype and keep the thread active lol...
Whats the next major awards show?
I wonder if he'll turn up to that?
Erm....Don't think anyone knows but Michael himself

Last edited:
Back