Do You Think MJ Will Top HIStory?

I feel sad so many can be so negative.

People, praying and faith have made miracles happen. They have made lives and loves be reunited.

Just wait.

He'll do it. He can do it.

I know this.
I believe it with all my heart.
I am not delusional. Or on drugs. I am someone who does not, for a second, doubt this prodigy's will to achieve and win.

To all you doubters, just beat it.

All his fans think that thriller is unbeatable but invincible too was greatest than thriller its self,Michael can create the best than thriller l always do believe in that ,that's why l took invincible as an example.

well, when MJ made the Thriller album, no one expected it to be the success it was. Afterall, how many copies had Off The Wall sold?

It's God who decides these things.

Before MJ did the HIStory album, i have seen that back then many in the media were saying how he is finished. Well, he came and blasted 28 million copies sold.

Before and after the trial, many were saying MJ is finished.
When MJ announced the concert, the Billboard editor as quoted as saying, the question is, who will ant to go and see Michael?

Then what happened? 50 sell-out shows, beyond anyone's expectation, with no album to promote.
And these are concerts in one country when MJ still has the capacity to put on a sell-out show in each country on the surface of the earth. That is about 200 more sell-out shows.

Now, some may say it's the digital age, but are there no records to set in the digital age?

Can MJ beat Thriller, well, only God knows because we also thought that MJ could put on more shows than Prince's 21 shows in O2, but no one thought he could more than double that.

So, when you talk of music sales, how much will the public want to get hold of a copy of MJ's last major album, whether in physical or digital format?

I am so grateful to see that SOME people here are really true fans that know what keeping the faith means.

Let us direct our positive energy to his well being and pray for his accomplishments.

Mark my words ...

Mr.Jackson will prevail...as he always has.

Look, I don't know exactly what is going to happen, but there is ONE thing I DO know....MICHAEL WILL DEFINITELY BREAK SOME RECORDS! Whether those records be his own or some other artists, he WILL do it.

I, personally believe that he will sell more copies of this album than people are expecting. In fact, he will do better than expected in practically every area of this era. Even Michael himself didn't expect to sell out more than 50 shows...remember they originally rolled out only 10 shows. But look what happened....and it happened in a huge way. So expectations will be filled with surprises with this tour.

And now that Michael and AEG have seen what is possible abroad, I believe they, especially Michael, is rethinking the USA. I believe the USA leg of this tour will be the biggest surprise ever. Why? Because for years, the media, from FOX NEWS to the late night talk shows, have been saying that Michael is finished, irrelevant, etc. in the US. Well. if this guy can sell more than 1 million tickets in one country in less than 5 hours, surely he can sell 1/4 of that....250,000, in the US.

Yep, the USA leg of this tour is going to be the biggest surprise of them all.

Last edited:
well, when MJ made the Thriller album, no one expected it to be the success it was. Afterall, how many copies had Off The Wall sold?

It's God who decides these things.

Before MJ did the HIStory album, i have seen that back then many in the media were saying how he is finished. Well, he came and blasted 28 million copies sold.

Before and after the trial, many were saying MJ is finished.
When MJ announced the concert, the Billboard editor as quoted as saying, the question is, who will ant to go and see Michael?

Then what happened? 50 sell-out shows, beyond anyone's expectation, with no album to promote.
And these are concerts in one country when MJ still has the capacity to put on a sell-out show in each country on the surface of the earth. That is about 200 more sell-out shows.

Now, some may say it's the digital age, but are there no records to set in the digital age?

Can MJ beat Thriller, well, only God knows because we also thought that MJ could put on more shows than Prince's 21 shows in O2, but no one thought he could more than double that.

So, when you talk of music sales, how much will the public want to get hold of a copy of MJ's last major album, whether in physical or digital format?

GOD? LMAO!! no god doesn't make these things happen...its people who make it happen and their money!!

Actually God has nothing to do with MJ's success. His talent and the people's need for entertainment is the reason. Michael will sell lots of albums because he is Michael Jackson.

No prayer is gonna help in that area.

But he will never outsell Thriller. Thriller is by far NOT the best album he has made, still it is the biggest selling album of all time. The reason for that is that Thriller was Michaels reinvention of himself as an artist. He did things never done before, and he stunned the world with a dancing style never seen before. The Motown 25th performance alone generated millions of album sales.

Unless Michael intends to and can reinvent himself, he will never achieve that again.

It does not matter how good the new album is, or how good the concerts are.

Todays online downloading is also a major factor in this.

And the reason why Thriller has continued to sell well, is because of its legacy.

But we were talking about History, right?

Sure, he will top that, but not regarding sales. If it were not for the allegations in 1993, History would have sold over 30 million. But then again History would never have existed, because most of the new songs on that album was inspired by the events of 1993.

But I think Michael can outdo alot of the things he did with History. He could have the biggest tour yet. He could have the most expensive video yet, with a new hit.

There is alot of things he can do to top History.

But not in the sales department. That ship sailed when the Internet became a free haven for free music.

Last edited:
There are so many records yet to be broken... BEP's new single just sold 2 milion LEGALLY this year... in the US alone! That's a HUGE number. MJ has a lot to achieve.

I don't think he can beat HIStory...
I mean beat what? Music?... we'll see. So far HIStory is definately one of his finest albums ever. One of the best ever made.

Beat the commercial success? I don't think it's possible... at least by doing the things he did in the 90's. They're not possible anymore! The times were different. The world was different. It's not easy nor even possible to compare 1996/7 to 2009... I mean everything was different. People and their expectations were different. And Michael was a different person too.

But I strongly believe that Mike can take his new album to the next level. There are so many territories to explore. There are so many opportunities! He still has GREAT legacy, like he did back then, which makes things easier. And with the right timing and a GOOD record, which he never failed to deliver, he can do everything that's possible right now in the year 2009. Or even more!

Why do some fans care if Michael does top Thriller. In what why do you want him to top Thriller. If Michael releases a new album and it sells 150 million, that doesn't mean it will live on forever like the songs on Thriller have. Thriller selling the amount it has, is just an added bonus for an album that would have been just as legendary and innovative without such huge sales. I personally think Michael topped Thriller with Bad, and it's the Off The Wall album that would need to be topped creative wise as that's my favorite Michael Jackson album. There are many fans who feel Michael topped Thriller with Dangerous etc.

Some fans are too fixated on Michael's album sales. Michael is proberly the only artist who has released three albums in succession (being Thriller, Bad and Dangerous) that have sold over 30 million, and the only artist who's average album sales are 20 million, the only artist who sells 8-10 million copies of Invincible that is considered a flop, that would be huge album sales for many major artists.

I don't care if Michael doesn't top Thriller, because he doesn't need. The main thing is that Michael makes a new album that actually means something to people, and I don't see why he can't do that.

I agree with you benscarr. I just hope that his new music is good. If the music is good, I couldn't care less about the rest.

And Michaels music, with a few little excepitons, NEVER let me down.

I agree with you benscarr. I just hope that his new music is good. If the music is good, I couldn't care less about the rest.

And Michaels music, with a few little excepitons, NEVER let me down.

Thanks !

In recent years when asked about digital downloads, Michael has said something along the lines that if an album is really good people will find out about it and buy it regardless of the new format of music.

I personally don't think music plays as important a part in youth culture as it once did (not that teenagers and people in their early 20's don't like music). Because it's not just the fact that music downloads have made music more invisible as in with old media like CD and (more so) vinly (which gave you something tangable that made you feel you had a bit of that artist or band near, and made you have that extra closeness to the music). Now music has lost his personality, and is soley genre driven, even the big names like Justin Timberlake, Eminem and Beyonce aren't as big as the Pop, Hip Hop and R&B geners they are part of. Artists of previous eras, transended the genres they were from not only because the music was amazing but because they were able to kind of create their own universe through there music, videos and tours etc to create a huge persona that communicated from them to each invidual who bought their music. Michael Jackson and Prince and I have to say Madonna even though don't rate her were the last stars to do this.

I think it's not extremely hard to top HIStory if he will tour US, too. But Thriller, Bad and Dangerous are very hard to top. I think the new album could be at least in top 5 of his albums so if it was it means it has to top at least two of his Sony era studio albums plus BOTDF. I think if there's let's say three #1's or five top 3 hits on the album (and also #1's in the US) it will definitely top HIStory.

saying that some pepople are no fans because they are a little bit sceptic is...........how will i say?.........disrespectful........
I,m a fan since 21 years, i always believed in him as an artist, and belive in him as human beeing.....
saying i,m not a fan because i think he won,t top thriller or history is not mj-like, haha.

johan cruijf was the best soccer player holland ever had......and will bave....but now he,s not the man he was back to the old days........although he is always very respected by his true fans and always will be.
he never can top what he made happen yearssssssssss ago.

And with michael it,s the same story i think.
And that has nothing to do with being a better or worse fan.....

A little bit more respect people!

That's the most ridiculous and unrealistic thing I've heard for a while on this forum.

Yeah, for one thing the music industry isnt the same. Everything is downloaded these days so his new album could never top Thrillers sales.

100% sure!

explain...
I,m very curious why people are totaly sure about something that,s in the future.
No one knows.
I also think it,s funny that many fans also said that his ast album will top everything, also didn,t happen.

I really hope he will.............and i do believe in him as artist, but does the rest of the world?
I hope so, but i,m not convinced, because the answer is in the future.

you don't believe in him darling that's why you are asking for explanations for something that is obvious.

3 new achievements have been already celebrated...

...need more?

Actually God has nothing to do with MJ's success. His talent and the people's need for entertainment is the reason. Michael will sell lots of albums because he is Michael Jackson.

And who gave him that talent? Even Michael himself gives God credit for his talent.

No prayer is gonna help in that area.

Geez, just poo poo the entire prayer thread, will ya!! Michael says keep the faith. And that is exactly what is gonna get him through this thing. People have the freedom to believe what they want. When you say things like prayer don't help, you are criticizing people's belief system. Have some tolerance, please.

WHATEVER HAPPENS, Michael hasn't even set foot on the stage yet and he has already broken somebody's record. 50 sold out concerts in less than 5 hours. This is just a sign of things to come! I don't like to measure Michael's success by comparing his latest with his past efforts. So I'm not really looking back at History and no other album. I am looking forward to the NEW frontiers that Michael is gonna conquer.

you don't believe in him darling that's why you are asking for explanations for something that is obvious.

3 new achievements have been already celebrated...

...need more?

Don,t put words in my mouth of things i never said, okay?
Saying i don,t believe in him and that the reasons for my question is obvious?
That,s very rude njf, and i would like you to take your words back.
Because you are trying to think for me..........uhuh... no go area ;-)

I really like to know why people are sure about something that didn,t happen...........as i said, it,s in the future njf.........
And that he has 3 new achievements doesn,t prove that it will...........
it,s very nice, but it doesn,t say anything...........

fans stop criticizing other fans... it's so silly. we all love mj and we wouldn't feel the need to join an online community if we didn't.
lovelovelove!!!

16th july!
Yep!
I,m so honoured to see him and all the fans again!

and instead of 14 july i probably will attend the opening show the 13th july!!!!!

*freaking out*

hells yes! I'm honoured too :)
i'm so looking forward to meeting other fans. MJJC Club House will go offf YEWYEW :D

As long as he doesn't mime, he's topped HIStory in terms of performance by default.

Back