Do you think Michael would've been invited to the Royal Wedding?

The thing is, you could dress him in a potato sack and he still would steal all the attention away. It's his personality and presence which are magnetic, not the clothes he wore. Anyone could wear a similar outfit to the one in the picture, but it would not have the same effect at all. The problem is, most people confuse presence with attire--when true presence exists despite lack of elegant/eye-catching attire, and that's what separates people with charisma and magnetism like Michael from attention-grabbers with odd clothing, who are literally a dime a dozen. Just look at your local high school, and you'll see a whole bunch in the first five minutes.

In any case, I am sure he would have been invited, having the Diana connection, and being the celebrity he was. It would be a faux pas not to have invited him.

You're right Mikage, even in black slacks, loafers and white T-shirt he still looks like royalty.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AndreyZidane™;3364925 said:
Or maybe something more 'casual'

44949160468068735015461.jpg

:eek: Omg is this from the TII blu ray dvd?

I would think that he would be invited. And like Mikage said, Anything he wears would be perfect cuz its Michael... I'd have loved to see it... :(

I still imagine what his wedding would have looked like if he ever wanted to do a public one.

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Beautiful suits - Thanks for the pictures...a flood of wonderful memories. Bittersweet as well.

I thought the same question watching the wedding yesterday. Doubt Michael would have been invited. It wasn't really very celeb heavy besides the Beckhams and a handful of others. Plus, Michael was mates with Al Fayed..the Royals and Al Fayed don't mix well.

I think he would've been invited for all the reasons already stated, his admiration for Diana and his recent O2 concerts. He adored London. Just imagining him at Westminster Abbey, humble and gracious and proud, makes me smile. Dressed in an exquisite suit or black tux...

2rnzeq0.png

I think he would've been invited to the afterparty but not to the wedding ceremony itself. There were hardly any celebs there and those who were there were (nearly?) all British. Besides, inviting somebody as big and controversial as Michael would probably distract from the royal couple. Then again, Michael was present at Lady Diana's funeral so... I don't know.

I'm sure he would have looked fabulous if he were there though. He might want to borrow one of Harry's suits for the occasion :p

I think he would've been invited to the afterparty but not to the wedding ceremony itself. There were hardly any celebs there and those who were there were (nearly?) all British. Besides, inviting somebody as big and controversial as Michael would probably distract from the royal couple. Then again, Michael was present at Lady Diana's funeral so... I don't know.

I'm sure he would have looked fabulous if he were there though. He might want to borrow one of Harry's suits for the occasion :p

I agree. :yes:

The pictures in this thread :swoon: :swoon:
Michael would have looked AMAZING in anything he would have worn.
I could have been his date, and caught the bouquet and then me and Michael would have gotten married a few months after! :giggle:
....a girl can dream...cant she??? :naughty:

lol imagine if he did go everyone would have been like Will and Kate who?
lmaooo nah they still wuld focus on the couple but MJ would get a lot of attention media wise at the wedding

Oh my GOD! This is THE BEST, most AMAZING, OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD jacket ever!!!
Michael, you NEVER EVER fail to take my breathe away!:wild::wub::yes:
I'm so proud to say 'I love you...forever':wub:

very 'casual' indeed LOL!:D

And AndreyZidane, I just LOOVVEE your sig pic, and what it says-"I'm still the King..." Its so true! :)

And yes, I do think Michael would have been invited to the royal wedding, and that he would have stolen all the attention no matter how he had chosen to dress himself! Infact, I kept thinking about this as the guest were arriving at the Abbey. And I was missing Princess Di too..May God bless the newly weds with a happy married life :)

AndreyZidane™;3364925 said:
Or maybe something more 'casual'

44949160468068735015461.jpg

No - probably because all of the celebrities who did attend had links through sports and other things to the family, William in particular. He would have looked stunning had he still been with us and on the guest list though.

I don't think he wouldn't have been invited. But I love this thread and all the suits :)

The dress code was morning dress (tails) so I'd have liked to have seen him in this version... (or failing that ..in his PJ's....just because I like to see him in his PJ's!)

But no, I don't think he would have been invited.

http://[URL=http://img269.imageshack.us/i/mjmilitaryjacket24.jpg/][/URL]

Didn't he give Diana 2 mini 'thriller' jackets for the boys? I wonder if they still have them...William could maybe pass his down to his future son?

Last edited:
I think he would have been invited because of his friendship with Diana. His suit, I think, would be similar to the one at John Branca's wedding.
3946381995_7621e77c0c.jpg

Back