Do you need to see Michael's body to heal?

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
no! i want to remember him alive, happy and healthy, and not dead in a coffin.

I think if he looked at peace...maybe. I don't know, it might scar me for life though because it's the man that meant everything to me.

No, I don't want to see Michael's body. It would be too painful for me.

I know what would really heal me - To see Michael's kids smiling, laughing and just being normal or at least just hear about how they are doing right now. I keep thinking about them.

guess it depends on how u were brought up i dont want to see him like that its intrusive. i want to remember him as how he was. its not like u will able to go upto him and kiss him and say goodbye then i could understand but u will just get to stare at him from 50 yrds away.that doesnt help to me. u need to touch and kiss them sorry im starting to cry again................

All you say here is the same In my mind

no! i want to remember him alive, happy and healthy, and not dead in a coffin.

yes me too...Michael always hated death and I don't think he'd like to know the whole world would be staring at him like that when he's in most vulnerable position ever - a lifeless body...you know how shy he was he didn't like people staring at him and overanalyzing everything :no: he struggled so much to bring joy to the world that's how he wanted to be seen, not dead in a coffin he hated that
I feel like what his family is doing is wrong...how are his children going to cope with this?!
I love him so much..I won't even be watching the funeral

even if i woke up and understood it was a nightmare, i would need months or more to heal from such a nightmare. i dont know about the coffin. i dont want to. but i guess if i dont see it, i dont understand something. i saw dead people before - they werent there. i know he's gone to God but i terribly miss him. And i miss his life. Him enjoying his life.

I don't know,I want that fans can say goodbye with michael,because of that I wanted public viewing,but I think I couldn't see his body,it would be to paintfull

Yeah, i think it would help me...

But i dont want the whole world to see him.

And i guess i am 'just a fan', i dont think i have a 'right' to see him....sigh....

it still won't help heal , but , at least to me , that would help to finally believe it , to finally accept it. :(:(...my mind and soul won't let me process it....i miss him so much...:(:(:(

im torn. On one hand i need to see him in order to understand and accept that he's actually gone. Im so in denial right now, and i keep trying to convince myself, that he's still alive somewhere. I guess my mind would tell me that he infact is still alive if it's a closed casket.
On the other hand, i dont wanna remember him as a body. I wanna remember him being alive and smiling.

:(

At first i thought i needed to see his body but now when i think of it i don't think i would be able to handle it. I would forever remember the way he looked and that image would be burned into my mind. So i don't think i actually need to see it now later on i wouldn't mind going to visit his grave. But to see him in a casket lifeless would just be too much for me i can't handle it.

I seen my grandfather's dead body and it was so sad and upsetting but I think I would want Michael to be alive and not lying there breathless and lifeless

i think it will help me to realise he,s really gone...............i need to see it with my own eyes, otherwise i never believe he,s dead....

I would like to see him live for the first and last time. It would be grate to have a public viewing at the O2 arena in London for the fans to say their last goodbye. Then I would definitely come.
I can't believe it's already a week without our hero... :cry:

no i dont like seeing dead bodies and I worry that it would tarnish my memory of him.

I hate wake and the wake can be from anyone I will not. I do not agree that the public funeral of Michael is that I think there is no need to see his body in a coffin to say goodbye. To me that is unbearable, but for others this is important: see the body of Michael in a coffin. His soul is no longer there. Michael will be forever in our hearts and our souls can dismiss it all differently. I will never say goodbye to Michael that he will be forever in my life and in my heart. Fire is too strong a word to me. But now I am composed and very disappointed that the funeral will be public and will be a big circus that are dealing with a large event. And there is a great event is a wake. I am prepared for the unpleasant to come: people filming and taking pictures and then all that is disclosed in the press and internet. I think Michael should not be like to be so exposed as an object. From the day he left the people forgotten what privacy and everything is a big mess. Michael who has always fought a whole life to have privacy and people are not respecting. I just hope in the midst of this great mess of Michael the coffin is closed. I can not imagine this scene... I am very sad with everything that is happening and the way things are taking course. This is my opinion about it.

No! I would like to remember him when he was alive. Full of energy, dancing, smiling, singing and talking. I wouldn't think seeing him in a coffin could help me. I think it would be even worse. I can't believe I'm talking about Michael's funeral... :cry:

I'm not sure. Part of me thinks it would help, part of me thinks it would haunt me forever.

i think it will help me to realise he,s really gone...............i need to see it with my own eyes, otherwise i never believe he,s dead....

I agree with you Jenny. As far as I am concerned, I probably do need to see
it. It would give me closure...

I personally would like to see his face one last time, almost to make sure it's really him, also to say goodbye to him. But I'd never want to go against his or the family's wishes.

i THINK IT WOULD HELP ME LET GO OF THIS PAIN. I THINK IT WOULD, DAMN I WISH HE WAS HERE I WISH THAT THERE WAS THE OPTION FOR ME TO STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO MEET HIM OR TOUCH HIS HAND. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY ANGEL REST IN PERFECT PEACE. I WILL BE BACK LATER GUYS I FEEL OVERWHELMED AT THE MOMENT. I HURTING AND THERE'S NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS BUT YOU GUYS AND I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THAT. BUT IT'S JUST OVERWHELMING RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T KNOW WHY OR WHATS WRONG WITH ME. I GOTTA GO.

funeral doesnt mean to stare at a lifeless body. funeral means to spend the last minutes together. i think michael wouldnt mind to see how many ppl come to be with him. he will not be alone on his last way !!!!!!!! this is how a funeral should be... family and friends together.

no because the family have done right thats the press want to see etc. for once they havent got there way

:yes: i need to Michael body cause i never saw him in person or never been to his cocerts so is :yes: i need too :yes: :cry:

Not sure. Kinda wondering what he's going to be wearing as weird/sick as that sounds.
Yeah! There is some kind of a sick morbidity, but no... in general I wouldn't want to see him like that... an open casket would be a reason not to go!

Back