Dieting/Healthy Living Thread

I'm skiing every day at the mo (on holiday) but when i get back am planning on doing lots of walking/running and then when i get home from uni am joining a gym and having a personal trainer as well as dieting! My parents are paying for now and i'll pay them back when i've got the money :) All good!

I'm skiing every day at the mo (on holiday) but when i get back am planning on doing lots of walking/running and then when i get home from uni am joining a gym and having a personal trainer as well as dieting! My parents are paying for now and i'll pay them back when i've got the money :) All good!

good for you! :)

I wonder where the original poster of this thread is? :)

if you can keep up and stay on a diet, that may work for you. But that's not me haha! I just eat what I like but I excersize enough so I don't get 'fat'.

25lbs_magnet_ww.jpg

I lost a total of 26.5 lbs, and got my 25 pound magnet yesterday! I am so proud of myself. And someone last night asked me how much more I want to lose, and I told them about 30 more lbs. They then told me that I was such a little thing, and I'll just disappear if I do that!! LOL!!

I told them my whole aspiration in life at this point is that I wanted someone to look at me and say "Geez! You look like you need to gain some weight - here, have some lasagna!" That would be so cool...

25lbs_magnet_ww.jpg

I lost a total of 26.5 lbs, and got my 25 pound magnet yesterday! I am so proud of myself. And someone last night asked me how much more I want to lose, and I told them about 30 more lbs. They then told me that I was such a little thing, and I'll just disappear if I do that!! LOL!!

I told them my whole aspiration in life at this point is that I wanted someone to look at me and say "Geez! You look like you need to gain some weight - here, have some lasagna!" That would be so cool...

lol, good job I am proud of you, I hope I can lose 26 pounds! but thats ALL i'd like to lose... lol

lol, good job I am proud of you, I hope I can lose 26 pounds! but thats ALL i'd like to lose... lol

OMG Darvon - it's so cool!! Especially when you go to Kohl's and find out you are down 2 sizes!! WOO HOO!!! (I kinda had that feeling I was down at least 1 size, on account my pants kept trying to fall off....eek!)

OMG Darvon - it's so cool!! Especially when you go to Kohl's and find out you are down 2 sizes!! WOO HOO!!! (I kinda had that feeling I was down at least 1 size, on account my pants kept trying to fall off....eek!)

LOL I Know how that feels. I had to go through a non fat diet for 4 months (Gallstones).... and well I dropped like 3 sizes.. it was SOOO cool.. and that's what I want to go back down to :) In order to do so I need to lose 25 pounds!

I'm bumping this thread Becuase Today (August 1st) im starting my new healthy living lifestyle. I'm keeping a food log and tracking all the calories/protein/carbs/fat etc.

^ Good luck to you Veganmatt!
I was doing a 'walk to run' program and was doing pretty well with it, but when Michael died I didn't want to do anything and I stopped. It's now been over a month... and last Wednesday I finally got my butt into gear again and started over with it.
Unfortunately now I have a good deal of ground to make up :(
But if I work hard at it I can get back to where I was and then go further.
Good luck to us both yeah?

Good luck to you too!

I've been good so far today and I've consumed a total of 838 calories so far, Im aiming for about 1800 a day.

Time for me to join in!
I've gained a LOT of weight this year (2009 has been a really sh***y year!) so I'm going to lose it gradually. I'd like to maximize my weight loss during the rest of summer though.
I've been trying to focus more on exercise rather than counting calories. The latter doesn't work for me, because I don't know how many calories go into food prepared by others (e.g. when I go out for dinner somewhere, when my parents prepare meals, etc).
I'm trying to build myself up to jogging (which is really hard for me to do beyond a few minutes) by doing lots of walking (which I enjoy :)). I haven't done any physical exercise the last 2 days, which means that I'll have to get my butt outside today and do 15 (walking) laps around the park.

Back