Did Prince ever release a statement?

SJK

Proud Member
You might think he would. Something out of respect from one artist to another.

Well I'm a fan of Prince and I know a lot of people, including fans in this community, respect Prince a lot.

Whether you like him or not, it would be interesting to see what he'd say.

I don't really know why there is a rift between Michael and Prince and their fans. Can someone explain?

Like i said in another thread Prince won't do anything unless it his for his own financial gain!

He is Prince again! I thought he was “Symbol”. This word “Symbol” sounds like something really bad in my language! I think that’s why he lost his popularity over here… :laugh:

Last edited:
Well, Prince is a great artist. I'm shure he's upset about Michael's death (like any other artist) But why does everybody have to share with the world? Just because Prince is famous he should release a statement? Maybe he's just trying to cope with it by himself. Or maybe he doesn't give a f**k. i dunno.

Anyway, Prince fans do> http://prince.org/msg/8/312263/Michael-Jackson-Remembering-the-music

Hey, I love Prince. He's a true musical genius and a great dancer too. I am sure he is sad about Michael's passing but even if he doesn't release a statement, he'll still be one of my favorite artists. Michael still towers over everyone though. That's undeniable. :)

Yeah it is Prince's own choice to release a statement or not. I felt as though there was a rivalry between the two, at least on prince's side, but I'm not sure. I am only asking because I thought it would be really admirable of him to put whatever it was aside and pay his respects.

Can someone explain why people don't like Prince? Did something happen between him and Michael?

I love Prince's music,not much time for the man himself though,he's all about himself and treats his fans like crap.

Just because he didn't relase a statement doesn't mean he don't care.

I love Prince!

Can someone explain why people don't like Prince? Did something happen between him and Michael?

in recent years prince has not been very kind to his fans, particularly those in the online community. he's gone so far as to threaten legal action against his fan sites, claiming "copyright issues" (IMO, total hogwash)

this year, its basically been zero. a lot of fans (me included) have signed to his site LOTUSFLOW3R.COM ($77/yr), where he has promised new music, rare footage, and those who had signed up immediately would get sent a commerative "founding member" t-shirt.

That was March.
As of July - No new music (save for one track u can only get online), no video any diehard fan hadnt seen b4, and - you guessed it - no shirts have been sent out.

Honestly, this hurts me the most - because ihad a $150 debit card i got as a gift. My choices were I could join the site and save some money....

or spend it all on the MJ Auction catalog.

Now,
A)Guess what I picked?
B)Guess what I would've have in my hands by now?

Last edited:
in recent years prince has not been very kind to his fans, particularly those in the online community. he's gone so far as to threaten legal action against his fan sites, claiming "copyright issues" (IMO, total hogwash)

this year, its basically been zero. a lot of fans (me included) have signed to his site LOTUSFLOW3R.COM ($77/yr), where he has promised new music, rare footage, and those who had signed up immediately would get sent a commerative "founding member" t-shirt.

That was March.
As of July - No new music (save for one track u can only get online), no video any diehard fan hadnt seen b4, and - you guessed it - no shirts have been sent out.

Honestly, this hurts me the most - because ihad a $150 debit card i got as a gift. My choices were I could join the site and save some money....

or spend it all on the MJ Auction catalog.

Now,
A)Guess what I picked?
B)Guess what I would've have in my hands by now?

Wow that sounds SO like Prince.I had concert tickets to see him in my country 2 years ago.He cancelled the week of the gig,no statement and no apology...always the same with that guy.Since then i haven't bought a single thing of his and i never will again.

He didn´t release a statement when James died, that was very bad, didn´t even sing a song of james when he was at the Super Bowl. Then when Michael dies, no comment either. I love Prince´s music but this was very bad. Im starting to dislike his personality very much now.

Prince can give Axl Rose a run for his money when it comes to being a Bitch

Yes, Prince is horrible towards his fans, I really lost a lot of respect for him because of the way he threats his fans... a talented guy, but a horrible person....

Hey man, I´m a Guns N Roses and MJ fan, please show some respect.

Guns N' Roses are one of my fave bands ever and November Rain is my all time fave song ever but come on even you know that Axl can be abit of a bitch

Guns N' Roses are one of my fave bands ever and November Rain is my all time fave song ever but come on even you know that Axl can be abit of a bitch

hehe, I was just teasing you, because you were true. Axl Rose is 95% bitch, but that´s why I love him. And why I love MJ, of opposite reasons of course. Only 5% bitch :p (just kidding)

I think it's funny how many people have asked who Prince is lol. Guess he's not as famous as MJ.

Sorry to Prince fans. I get the sense that Prince sort of gets off on being "too busy being fabulous".

Back to what Michael said about wanting to be treated as a person and not a personality - Prince seems to like keeping himself as a personality and not a person by removing himself from his fans.

Back