desperate housewives is..'startin something'

Well, I think that what Michael's PR machine is doing is a "soft campaign" to see how Michael is received by the public. And so far, no one has complained. So I would expect the campaign to get a more beefed up in the future.

Michael is still loved by the public and that can only be good for his confidence. I think he is on his way to being on top again.

I was just thinking the same thing. Just earlier this week on my local news broadcast, KTLA channel 5 in Los Angeles, they had a "Michael Jackson Day". Everytime they went to a commercial, they played an MJ song on the way out. It was very cool.

what???? i didn't know about that! i'm in los angeles!:(

Well, I think that what Michael's PR machine is doing is a "soft campaign" to see how Michael is received by the public. And so far, no one has complained. So I would expect the campaign to get a more beefed up in the future.

Michael is still loved by the public and that can only be good for his confidence. I think he is on his way to being on top again.

I think that might be right, sort of testing the waters for a future album release :pray:

I think that might be right, sort of testing the waters for a future album release :pray:

Don't think so. If they wanted to test the waters, he would've showed up an awards show function like the BET awards or even the Grammys to promote Thriller 25. That would've showed crowd reaction and how the ratings might be

^^^ I agree to some degree, the grammys or BET awards would have shown the reaction among the music industry, not so much the general public...and as AllTheLovelyFlowers said, it might be a soft PR campaing...taking it slowly, just a guess.

Don't think so. If they wanted to test the waters, he would've showed up an awards show function like the BET awards or even the Grammys to promote Thriller 25. That would've showed crowd reaction and how the ratings might be
I don't agree.

In my opinion, him NOT showing up, proved how much people really, REALLY wanted to see him. There were constant updates as to whether or not he would be there or if he did show up, would he be performing. Mike got folks WAITING & GUESSING as to what his next move is gonna be.

I think it's an excellent strategy and it's working! LOL!

In my opinion, him NOT showing up, proved how much people really, REALLY wanted to see him. There were constant updates as to whether or not he would be there or if he did show up, would he be performing. Mike got folks WAITING & GUESSING as to what his next move is gonna be.

I agree!

I think he is highly wanted in the industry

This proves that he doesn’t need the Grammies or any other awards show to make an impact

They want his presence they need him to give their shows higher ratings

MJ is just too big for them, they can’t handle him

I don't agree.

well since he has missed all the major "appearances", I wonder what is the game plan? I hope he has a team that is guiding him in the right direction this time. Staying away for years, without any new material can't be good

well since he has missed all the major "appearances", I wonder what is the game plan? I hope he has a team that is guiding him in the right direction this time. Staying away for years, without any new material can't be good

The Grammy's is one thing, but I don't really consider BET a major event. Nowadays, the Grammy's ain't even a major event. LOL! Besides, there are alot of folks who don't even have BET.

Mike's FIRST performance, has to be on a universal stage, that is dedicated to him alone. I don't blame him for not wanting to perform his FIRST live performance at an awards show. That's a stage that you share with a bunch of other folks.

His FIRST time back, is gonna be all about him, in my opinion. The opportunities are limitless for his FIRST live performance and how it get's projected to the WORLD!

It's extremely hypocritical of you to say this becasue you were adamant that he not appear at the Grammys. According to you, he was going to get booed. The thought of him doing that really upset you, so why complain about him not appearing somewhere? Besides, the succes of Thriller 25 showed him making appearances wasn't needed.

It's extremely hypocritical of you to say this becasue you were adamant that he not appear at the Grammys. According to you, he was going to get booed. The thought of him doing that really upset you, so why complain about him not appearing somewhere? Besides, the succes of Thriller 25 showed him making appearances wasn't needed.
I thought personal attacks weren't allowed on members.^_^

what???? i didn't know about that! i'm in los angeles!:(

Yep, they even displayed at the bottom of the screen, "You are listenign to _____ by Michael Jackson". They progressively went through the years starting with J5 and making their way up to Bad. They may have made it to more recent stuff but I had to go to work.

I have seen the ad myself and it put a smile on my face. It is the promo for the new episodes.

DH is not a show that I watch, but I am glad to see this is happening. Get that money, Mike. :)

I co-sign!!

are you sure you are a MJ fan.. becuz the man has always been allusive...

Last edited:
Rasta, you just answered your own question. LOL.

why are they "DESPERATE" housewives.. I have never paid attention to the show..

I didn't want him on the Grammy's you're right! I felt it had too many heavyweight industry folks and not knowing how they would react to Michael would not have been a good idea. I also think the Grammys would've been using MJ. However going on BET where folks do show some respect would've been cool, especially since Neyo was going to pay tribute to him by singing a song. I think that was a missed opportunity. I would rather Michael do something like that, than to sit down with some corrupt person like Bashir or Barbara Walters who would lead him down a path of trying to re-try and persecute him.

why are they "DESPERATE" housewives.. I have never paid attention to the show..
because the women are really desperate if they want to achieve any goal, I'm telling you:D
actually I love the series, I will watch another episode in 2 days time, I can't wait:D

I didn't want him on the Grammy's you're right! I felt it had too many heavyweight industry folks and not knowing how they would react to Michael would not have been a good idea. I also think the Grammys would've been using MJ. However going on BET where folks do show some respect would've been cool, especially since Neyo was going to pay tribute to him by singing a song. I think that was a missed opportunity. I would rather Michael do something like that, than to sit down with some corrupt person like Bashir or Barbara Walters who would lead him down a path of trying to re-try and persecute him.

I don't get the "They would've been using him" argument because he wouldve been using them right back. As for the BET show, that wasn't at all a highly watched show, so him not appearing on that wasn't a big deal. Didn't that taped special air on a Friday night? That's nothing to him. It's not like BET isn't going to have other specials throughout the year. He's going to have lots chances to go back and do something with them. Why do it now if you don't have to?

Last edited:
and yes..they are using wbss as the themesong.:)
Has it been confirmed that the actual THEME SONG of the new series will be WBSS, or is it just being used as the commercial accompaniment to the teaser?

I don't get the "They would've been using him" argument because he wouldve been using them right back. As for the BET show, that wasn't at all a highly watched show, so him not appearing on that wasn't a big deal. Didn't that taped special air on a Friday night? That's nothing to him. It's not like BET isn't going to have other specials throughout the year. He's going to have lots chances to go back and do something with them. Why do it now if you don't have to?

I totally disagree -_- BET has shown some respect to Michael and his impact. Doing this show would've been showing them appreciation for their support. And it would've gotten attention if Michael appeared believe that. I think it was a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
I totally disagree -_- BET has shown some respect to Michael and his impact. Doing this show would've been showing them appreciation for their support. And it would've gotten attention if Michael appeared believe that. I think it was a missed opportunity.

I don't see him not appearing as a big deal. I agree BET has shown MJ the most love, but this particular appearance just wasn't something he had to do. I think it's smart of him to remain quiet. After seeing him make pointless appearances (e.g. 2002's VMAS) before, how can you be upset that he's not doing that now? There will be other times for him to show BET he appreciates the support they've given him.

I don't see him not appearing as a big deal. I agree BET has shown MJ the most love, but this particular appearance just wasn't something he had to do. I think it's smart of him to remain quiet. After seeing him make pointless appearances (e.g. 2002's VMAS) before, how can you be upset that he's not doing that now? There will be other times for him to show BET he appreciates the support they've given him.

I do. BET would've helped to advertise Michael more, and possibly drew more interest in T25, since Neyo paid tribute by singing "The Lady in my Life"

I do. BET would've helped to advertise Michael more, and possibly drew more interest in T25, since Neyo paid tribute by singing "The Lady in my Life"

Drew more interest? It wasn't needed. It was already an overwhelming success. Are you serious? Him not appearing anywhere to promote it is what makes the success that more impressive. What gets me is, you're the one that usually gets upset when he makes pointless appearances, but here you are going on about him not doing this. I'd be shocked if more than 1 and a half million people even saw this show.

Drew more interest? It wasn't needed. It was already an overwhelming success. Are you serious? Him not appearing anywhere to promote it is what makes the success that more impressive. What gets me is, you're the one that usually gets upset when he makes pointless appearances, but here you are going on about him not doing this. I'd be shocked if more than 1 and a half million people even saw this show.

I don't think it would've been pointless. It would've been his first major appearance on television. It would've received coverage all over the world

I don't think it would've been pointless. It would've been his first major appearance on television. It would've received coverage all over the world

His FIRST major appearance should NOT have been on BET. BET is way to small a venue for his first major appearance. Like I said before, a lot of folks don't even get BET.

No offense to BET, but MJ can catch them somewhere along the line.

Back