Dance Hall of Fame to induct Michael Jackson

Wait... He's just being inducted now? I thought... Oh well, better late than never.

That's fantastic news!
But...there's no doubt, they should have done it years ago, they should have let Michael witness it himself and celebrate it..
Well, at least he will finally be there with the other Greats :clapping:

About the time he got there.. it's so sad everything is happening only when Michael is not here anymore :(

Excellent! NO ONE deserves it more than a man who helped revolutionized dance and is certainly one of the best dancers of our time. GO MICHAEL!

About the time he got there.. it's so sad everything is happening only when Michael is not here anymore :(

So true :( !! this last year Michael has received such many awards, it's as if this world realized what we all have lost and now wants to do the things they should have done when he was with us :( Why so late ? all this makes me so sad - :cry: He would have been so happy -

This is great news..of course with me there is ALWAYS a however......This should of been done when Michael was here to give his own speech. WHY did they have to wait until he was already gone to give him this honor....he would of been thrilled.

Things like this really makes me sad that people would compare crap dancers to Michael and call themselves Michael Jackson fans.... plse...

so nice to have recorded media. i've seen quite a few of these epi's. aaaaa we just don't know..it's just scratching the surface...MJ's talent was simply terrifying.

I know. I really am in awe of how someone can be THAT talented. He's got the biggest selling album of all time, is in the top three selling artists of all time, and is regarded as one of the best dancers to have ever graced the planet, plus all the rest. It leaves me speechless when trying to comprehend the talent of this man!

No I'm old enough and Travolta is no dancer IMO. He had two films, Grease and Sat Night Fever where he danced, but other than that he has been notoriously an actor. That is why there was much controversy about his induction. His contribution to dance has been pretty much non-existent. Just look at Michael and see the enormous contributions Michael has had to the world of dance around the world. Well, I don't have to elaborate here since we all know Michael's prowess in this realm of entertainment.

Completely agree. Travolta inspired a lot of people to take up dancing at the time, but it was very much based on disco-style ( I remember the dance classes!)
Michael's dance style is much more creative and complex IMO. His dance inspirations seem to be much more broadly based, and he seems to synthesise and innovate endlessly. His dance was always fresh, interesting and inspiring..and over 30 odd years thats amazing!
He would have appreciated being acknowledged (finally) as one of the dance greats..I wish he had been here to know it.

I'm proud of you Michael. :wub:

They wanted to induct John Travolta before Michael? Seriously :doh:

It only makes sense.
Great news, though I'm surprized he wasn't inducted in life.

Fred Astair to Michael Jackson: "You are a hell of a mover".

Like people have said this should have been done a long long time ago. If there has been a more pure, natural, all-round dancer than Michael Jackson then I haven't see them. He could do it all

Ok, they put John Travolta and nothing of Michael Jackson? What were they thinking?????

It's great, I wanted that Michael was here to see this. He would be so proud to be by the side of others incredable dancers!

Hi guys, so not sure if it is mentioned earlier in this thread that there is a group of people who are planning to protest this award for Michael.

A form letter was provided through facebook and we were encouraged to email the coordinator of the protests with the letter to let him know of our thoughts....

I sent the letter and below will copy you what has transpired next. I hope you will help me to hammer this man with the facts, if for no other reason but to annoy the shit out of him as I cant believe his ignorance!

Here it is (from the bottom up - sorry its lengthy):

Fact: Michael Jackson's INSURANCE company paid that settlement, not Michael Jackson. Actually if you do the research, he has stated that he wished he fought it, but his minders at the time took care of it.

And if you are wishing to go down the road of inferring that this action denotes guilt, then why not question that the alleged victims parents consulted with CIVIL lawyers first, before even going to the authorities. If it were my child, and they were REALLY being abused there is no way I would follow that order of process. It would be STRAIGHT to police and I tell you that NO AMOUNT OF MONEY could settle me.

And Michael did state that there is no problem to sleep in the same bed as a child. He also clearly stated at that same time that it is NOT sexual, that the kids slept in his bed, he slept on the floor. I am god mother to a couple of young children and they have shared my bed. I read them books, tuck them in etc. Nothing untoward is involved, and their parents trust me. Are you saying im a paedophile? Or is it OK for me because im female?

FACT: Michael consistently denied all allegations. He was found Not Guilty in front of a Jury and Natural Justice is what the USA stands by (innocent until PROVEN guilty). He was investigated for over 10 years by the FBI and when they recently released their files there was NOTHING in there of any value to suggest that any of the previous allegations were true.

Nevertheless, while this has been an interesting debate between you and I, it has become clear to me that my attempts are aimed at a person who is not prepared to challenge his own opinions nor base his opinion on FACT. It is a shame good sir, as I have no doubt you are an intelligent person, but intelligence and ignorance are two very different things.

I wish you all the best, but pity you that you have allowed yourself to swallow the pus that the media spews to the lowest common denominator in this world, and they in turn buy it. Im sure you do not consider yourself in that category, but certainly I have seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

Regards

Ali

- Hide quoted text -
On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:57 PM, bob hoatson wrote:

And 20 million dollars were given to an alleged victim in a settlement. If nothing happened, why 20 million? And didn’t Michael Jackson “proclaim” on more than one occasion that he welcomed children to his bed. Sleeping with minors is child abuse.

Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 10:41 PM
To: bob hoatson
Subject: Re: [Contact Us] Michael Jackson

Hi Bob,

Yes this is a form letter. However I stand by the message. Why write my own letter when the below sums up my thoughts and opinions so well, and represents an opinion I share with so many others?

I have followed both the 1993 case and the 2003 case closely to the point of reading the court transcripts and conducting my own research in to the history and character of those making the accusations. Both cases were considerably flawed and contained MORE than enough cause for reasonable doubt. In fact Janet Arvizo was convicted of fraud after the 2005 case was laid to rest with a resounding NOT GUILTY in Michael Jackson's favour.

The verdict was delivered on solid grounds by a more than capable jury of whom 2 members only faltered in their decision when offered lucrative book deals to change their tune.

Am I to believe you doubt the integrity and validity of your country's own judicial system?

I encourage you to research more, educate yourself, seek answers, play devil's advocate to your own opinion and see if it still stands afterwards.

Certainly, even if you continue to hold your view (which you are entitled to), I would challenge you that directing your energy to bringing down an award that is being given to a dead man may not be the best place for your efforts. Why not do something more productive for the world and instead of protesting, help out with a soup kitchen, or give blood, or advocate in some other way to make the world a better place.

All the best

Ali
On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 10:41 PM, bob hoatson wrote:
This is a form letter....what are your own views and opinions?

-----Original Message-----
From: webadmin@mpaads.com [mailto:webadmin@mpaads.com] On Behalf Of
ali.in.london@gmail.com
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 2:29 AM
To: rmhoatson1@msn.com
Subject: [Contact Us] Michael Jackson

Alison sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.road-to-recovery.org/content/contact-road-recovery.

We were very shocked by reading about your plans to demonstrate against
Michael Jackson’s induction into the “National Museum Of Dance & Hall Of
Fame”! Your statement “Most often a not-guilty verdict means a wealthy
defendant had enough money to buy a verdict of 'reasonable doubt'!” seems
very inadequate.

Mr. Jackson could serve as a model to all of us, because he always focused
on
helping people, helping children and on saving our planet and make it a
better place. He was a warm-hearted and gentle person, who was treated very

badly by the media throughout his whole lifetime, especially between 2003
and
2005 (please read this very good article by Mr. Charles Thomson:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-th…l_b_610258.html!).

His humanitarian efforts were enormous! Here’s a short list of some of the
charity organizations he supported:

AIDS Project L.A., American Cancer Society, Angel Food, Big Brothers of
Greater Los Angeles, BMI Foundation, Inc., Brotherhood Crusade, Brotman Burn

Center, Camp Ronald McDonald, Childhelp U.S.A., Children's Institute
International, Cities and Schools ScholarshipFund, Community Youth Sports &

Arts Foundation, Congressional Black Caucus (CBC), Dakar Foundation,
Dreamstreet Kids, Dreams Come True Charity, Elizabeth Taylor Aids
Foundation,
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Love Match, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Minority
Aids Project, Motown Museum, NAACP, National Rainbow Coalition, Nelson
Mandela's Children's Fund, Red Cross, Rotary Club of Australia, Society of
Singers, Starlight Foundation, The Carter Center's Atlanta Project, The
Sickle Cell Research Foundation, Transafrica, Unesco,United Negro College
Fund (UNCF), United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope, Volunteers of
America, Watts Summer Festival, Wish Granting, YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw,

Democratic National Committee, Community School/Safety Havens Initiative,
Lupus L.A., United Nations High Commission for Refugees, Atlanta Children’s

Foundation, Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Social Change, Foundation for

the Junior Blind, Oneness, Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation, The International

Child Art Foundation, Go For Your Dreams, Opportunity Village, Off-Road-Kids

e.V, UNICEF, T.J. Martell Foundation for Leukemia, Cancer and AIDS Research,

International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, National
Solidarity Fund, Family Caring for Families, Operation Christmas Child,
Children's Defense Fund, Children's Diabetes Foundation, Boys and Girl
Clubs,
Ghandi Foundation for Children, Crown Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn's,
Heal
L.A., Prince’s Trust, Youth Sports & Art Foundation, Jane Goodall’s Ape
Research institute, Children’s Wish Foundation, Give For Life, Wishing Well

Fund, MusiCares and Camp Good Times.

In 2000 he was listed in the “Guiness Book Of World Records” for his
support for more charities than any other entertainer or personality.

He has received a large number of charity awards throughout his lifetime and

even posthumously.

He was nominated for the “Nobel Peace Prize” in 2003.

Concerning the accusation of child molestation, we must remind you that he
was cleared of all charges (please look at the photo of the corresponding
headlines: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4254/notguilty.jpg !)!!!

So we ask you to reconsider your opinion about Mr. Jackson and to search for

more information about him instead of demonstrating against this wonderful
and ABSOLUTELY INNOCENT person!

Thank you!

In the end of the day no one deserves this more than Michael. Ask any dancer and they'll tell you how much they have been influenced by Michael. He not only set the world of music on fire but the world of dance. There is and never will be anyone like him. We have great singers who are good dancers. We have never had a great singer who was also a great dancer.

In the end of the day no one deserves this more than Michael. Ask any dancer and they'll tell you how much they have been influenced by Michael. He not only set the world of music on fire but the world of dance. There is and never will be anyone like him. We have great singers who are good dancers. We have never had a great singer who was also a great dancer.

:clapping: For sure. Michael Deserves this.

He wasn't just a great dancer, he was the greatest of all-time. He may not have been the greatest vocalist of all-time, or the greatest songwriter, but nobody could dance like MJ. Nobody.

He was a great artist that demonstrated that dance can accompany music to express the vast array of human emotions. There were times when he expressed his thoughts on stage through dance, without saying a word. For example, during his performance of man in the mirror when he drops down to his knees. Without singing a note, we all know what he was feeling. He also incorporated all genres of dance (as he did music), put his unique touch to them and made it accessible to everyone. He never dismissed or devalued any form of dance and all gave respect to others artists. He was dance, he lived dance and he is much deserving of this acknowledgement. It's about time the dancehall recognized this.

He was a great artist that demonstrated that dance can accompany music to express the vast array of human emotions. There were times when he expressed his thoughts on stage through dance, without saying a word. For example, during his performance of man in the mirror when he drops down to his knees. Without singing a note, we all know what he was feeling. He also incorporated all genres of dance (as he did music), put his unique touch to them and made it accessible to everyone. He never dismissed or devalued any form of dance and all gave respect to others artists. He was dance, he lived dance and he is much deserving of this acknowledgement. It's about time the dancehall recognized this.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Just seems a bit too late for me!!!!!!!!!!!

For most of his life, Michael had the reputation of being of the greatest dancers of modern times............

Do they think that his legacy would need this to prove what the whole World already knew????

Back