Concerts Are Now Sold Out!

Re: Michael's tears of joy at the news of selling out

I bet he was crying, that sort of news probably made Michael's heart melt....to know he is creating history AGAIN and that after all he has been through, he has millions of loving fans who want to see him. I am so happy for Michael, great to hear!

Michael breaking O2 attendance records and selling out so fast, is a real kick in the face for all those people who've tried to ruin Michael's life and reputation.

I'm not surprised Michael broke Prince's record of 21 nights, but I was expecting no more than 30 nights. Even I underestimated the demand for tickets to see Michael at the O2, I never knew it would be so difficult to get just 1 ticket. The media can't deny Michael Jackson is the King Of Pop, and has never stopped being the King.

Michael breaking O2 attendance records and selling out so fast, is a real kick in the face for all those people who've tried to ruin Michael's life and reputation.

I'm not surprised Michael broke Prince's record of 21 nights, but I was expecting no more than 30 nights. Even I underestimated the demand for tickets to see Michael at the O2, I never knew it would be so difficult to get just 1 ticket. The media can't deny Michael Jackson is the King Of Pop, and has never stopped being the King.

I seriously thought that the max MJ would do too would be 30 concerts. I was extremely surprised when the dates kept coming and then it mounted up to 50. The organiser the other day was saying that he could potentially go up to 100 concerts but I seriously think that would be pushing it big time.

http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/55328.html

Michael Jackson sells out all 50 U.K. gigs

LONDON, March 13 (UPI) --

Organizers of pop star Michael Jackson's shows at London's O2 Arena, set to begin in July, say all 50 scheduled concert dates are sold out.

The BBC said more than 1 million tickets to Jackson's "This Is It" London concert series have been sold.

The 50-year-old U.S. recording artist, who last toured 12 years ago, initially announced plans for 10 London gigs, but more were added due to the overwhelming response from fans.

"We never thought '50 shows' and frankly based on the queues on Ticketmaster, plus the 300,000 registrants we still haven't issued codes to (for online ticket buyers,) we could spend two years here," AEG Live's Randy Phillips told BBC Radio 1's "Newsbeat" program.

"Mike asked me how long he would be in the United Kingdom for and I told him, probably long enough to get a British passport," Phillips added. "Michael's already pretty much put together a list of the dancers he wants. Michael's very engaged now."

The BBC said some tickets to the Jackson shows are being re-sold on eBay for thousands of dollars apiece.

I have never witnessed such a demand for tickets. When tickets first went on pre-sale Wednesday morning I was up at 3am Eastern (7am London time) to secure tickets. I waited and waited for 2 hours but had no luck whatsoever! Everything had sold out completely so I went to bed frustrated and depressed. I woke up the next morning (Wed morning) and went to work only to find out they were extending the concerts through August and September. I was much quicker this time and on faster computers at my work, so I called my mom and got our credit card info and logged onto ticketmaster. We decided early September would be best since I would be done work, my sister would be not at school yet....so we chose Sept 6th and I waited about 5 minutes. I was never so happy when I got to the next screen which said I had secured tickets. It was very stressful, as ticketmaster only holds them for 2 minutes, so I had to make sure the seats were good, type in all my info, etc. Then came the VISA verification which isn't as hard as I thought. Now I have tickets and I cannot wait.

I really cant convince myself that I am going to f*cking London, England to see MJ! Wow, it all happened so fast. One week...nothing, now Michael has sold out 50 shows at the 02 and is all over the news, breaking world records, and creating hysteria once again.

http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/55328.html

Michael Jackson sells out all 50 U.K. gigs

LONDON, March 13 (UPI) --

Organizers of pop star Michael Jackson's shows at London's O2 Arena, set to begin in July, say all 50 scheduled concert dates are sold out.

The BBC said more than 1 million tickets to Jackson's "This Is It" London concert series have been sold.

The 50-year-old U.S. recording artist, who last toured 12 years ago, initially announced plans for 10 London gigs, but more were added due to the overwhelming response from fans.

"We never thought '50 shows' and frankly based on the queues on Ticketmaster, plus the 300,000 registrants we still haven't issued codes to (for online ticket buyers,) we could spend two years here," AEG Live's Randy Phillips told BBC Radio 1's "Newsbeat" program.

"Mike asked me how long he would be in the United Kingdom for and I told him, probably long enough to get a British passport," Phillips added. "Michael's already pretty much put together a list of the dancers he wants. Michael's very engaged now."

The BBC said some tickets to the Jackson shows are being re-sold on eBay for thousands of dollars apiece.

Mike asked me how long he would be in the United Kingdom for and I told him, probably long enough to get a British passport

Does that mean he did not know about the 50 dates???

"He has a huge task ahead of him and it will be intriguing to see if he can complete the most important part of what is potentially the biggest comeback in entertainment history."

He can!:punk:

I really tried to get another pair of tickets today, as my friend wanted to come as well. But I eventually gave up.
For those that has tickets- this is like winning the lottery. And the lottery is not fair..........but I am so happy for Michael. This is truly amazing!!!!

aawwww he cried :cry:
I love his so much
My baby :wub:
hehe....
That is so sweet....
now this makes me wonder if it actually was pre-planned or what....

I mean, did Mike really think he couldn't get these shows sold out?

I'm starting to doubt this was planned long in advance now.....

Mike asked me how long he would be in the United Kingdom for and I told him, probably long enough to get a British passport

Does that mean he did not know about the 50 dates???

I think it was a joke. Like maybe MJ was joking with him as to HOW many more of these dates were they going to schedule becuz of the demand. It does kinda look like he'd been kept in the dark BUT that's impossible cuz everytime they sold out of presale tix, the site said AEG and MJ were approving additional dates. I think at some point Michael may have been surprised himself that he was getting such a response where so many dates were needed.

And from the looks of it, Randy was right that MJ would be playing in London for quite a long time if they continued keeping up with the demand for tickets. Look at how many of us still don't have one despite the sell-out? lol

Thanks for the article, TSCM.

I think this has given mike a HUGE shot of confidence. It's perfect for songwriting, energy levels, and performing. Exactly what he needs!

Congrats to Michael, and to the million people lucky enough to get tickets before they sold out! So much for the long-running hater theory that he would never be able to sell another ticket again :lol:.

so much for it indeed. but the retarded nature of reporters hasn't quit, as they continue not to make sense in that last few lines. how does an artist who sells out in every vector, do best in publishing, have all his albums continue to sell perenially, continue to get accused of having to give up deeds and struggle to pay debts? how is it that this world is full of neanderthal reporters?

anyway..CONGRATS, MIKE!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmsGeEAkjks&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmsGeEAkjks&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object></EMBED>

Yeah that's great and all but not all seats were bought by people who will actually use them...some people just wanna make money from fans!

I'm proud of Mikey. And I'm so surprised about how all of this is materializing, in the matter of more than a week, and thangs were dead quiet... I mean what's next?! :clap: A certain Someone really is watching over Michael...

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Show...est-planet/article-770154-detail/article.html

Jackson tickets 'hottest on planet

Michael Jackson's concerts became the "hottest selling on the planet", according to organisers, with 750,000 fans snapping up tickets to see the King Of Pop.

Fans from around the world queued through the night to get their hands on tickets for Jackson's 50 This Is It shows, which went on general sale on Friday morning.

Concert organisers said they were the fastest selling tickets in London ever. Thousands of fans pitched up outside London's 02 Arena, with many more jamming the phone lines.

Tickets sold at a rate of 11 per second, 657 per minute and nearly 40,000 an hour.

Jackson, who has returned to the US for rehearsals, was said to be "ecstatic" about the way the shows had been received.

Chris Edmonds, managing director of Ticketmaster UK, said: "We often talk about unprecedented demand, but this week we have witnessed a live entertainment phenomenon.

"We have seen a truly amazing level of interest and demand for tickets from fans from across the world for the Michael Jackson shows at the O2 over the last three days.

"This was undoubtedly the busiest demand for tickets for an event which we have ever experienced."

Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live, said: "The last week has been the most astonishing I have seen in my career in the entertainment business.

"I, for one, am counting the days, minutes and seconds until that first show. I just cannot wait."

Tickets sold at a rate of 11 per second, 657 per minute and nearly 40,000 an hour.

Insanely impressive! So damn proud of him!! dawwwwwww! :boohoo:

Read it and weep, haters! :D

No wonder MJ cried at the news, I'd cry too with joy if I did such an achievement (which must have been unexpected even for MJ himself)!

Geez Michael :wild:

HIStory continues! :cheeky:

Yes a huge congrats goes out to MJ! The King of Pop will return to the stage in style! :D

I'm satisfied that I atleast tried to get the tickets, before I had no hope lol I'm glad that it sold out I just hope its all televised now :D

I've also read in the Evening Standard today that Peter Jones (the millionaire from Dragons' Den) also bought a ticket, a normal one! lol I can't believe I'll be sitting in a better seat than him! lol But he may buy a $5000 ticket if they ask him to do it for Comic Relief (but what's Comic Relief has to do with MJ's shows)?? lol Anyway, he also said he used to be a huge MJ fan when he was younger.

According to concert organizers, tickets to Michael Jackson's 50-date "This Is It" concert were the fastest selling in London history. How fast? "Tickets sold at a rate of 11 per second, 657 per minute and nearly 40,000 an hour." The managing director of Ticketmaster UK explained: "We often talk about unprecedented demand, but this week we have witnessed a live entertainment phenomenon. We have seen a truly amazing level of interest and demand for tickets from fans from across the world for the Michael Jackson shows at the O2 over the last three days. This was undoubtedly the busiest demand for tickets for an event which we have ever experienced." Randy Phillips (president of AEG) added: "The last week has been the most astonishing I have seen in my career in the entertainment business."

Randy Phillips told Sky News that he spoke with Michael after the concerts sold out in record time, and "he was crying. I could hear it in his voice -- he was choked up." Phillips informed BBC Radio 1 that "Michael's already pretty much put together a list of the dancers he wants. Michael's very engaged now." Organizers have confirmed that, despite site crashes and delays due to demand, more than a million tickets across all 50 dates sold out.

http://mjjr.net/news.php
This is really AMAZING!! And Michael didn’t even announce a new album, what if he did?! People are going crazy with his verbal confirmation for concerts only there is no mentioning of a new album, Michael didn’t say anything. This is building up really nicely for a new album, I think he is over protecting it, I wish he will also officially announce it as well.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNgagIe3t0g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNgagIe3t0g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Back