Concerts Are Now Sold Out!

lovemjj

Proud Member
Go MIKE Go!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Jackson's 50 London concerts sell out
By LAURA NICHOLS – 3 hours ago
LONDON (AP) — Tickets for Michael Jackson's 50 London concerts sold out within hours of becoming available, organizers said Friday.
For Ayesha Obi — who, having waited since Wednesday, was first in line — the experience was a thriller.
"He is a legend and I love his message to the world," Obi, a 19-year-old student said outside the O2 Arena in south London. "I've been hoping that he would perform live again."
The shows are scheduled to kick off in July and stretch into February. The pop singer has said the series, entitled "This is It," will be his last in the British capital.
After 360,000 advance tickets sold out earlier this week, roughly 500,000 tickets were made available Friday, organizers said. Hundreds of people waited outside the arena for the chance to buy them.
"I have come 150 miles just for this," said Lee Middleton, a 34-year-old construction worker from Liverpool, in northwest England. "We have made some very interesting friends waiting in line. ... People were singing his songs and dancing."
Tickets were priced between 50 pounds and 75 pounds ($70 and $105) — but some were went for hundreds of pounds (dollars) on internet auction sites.
While Jackson has said the shows will be his last in London, there has been speculation they could be part of a world tour. Jackson, who has sold more than 750 million albums and won 13 Grammys, hasn't undertaken a a major tour since 1997 or released an album of new material since 2001.
The 50-year-old singer has been seen in public infrequently since he was acquitted of child molestation in California in 2005. He has struggled to pay his debts, and was forced last year to give up the deed to Neverland, his 2,500-acre (1,000-hectare) ranch and miniature amusement park in California.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hF2PrhUDd8zK1EmLb7ceTyIwzq_QD96T63481

All 50? I don't know whether to be happy they sold out or sad cause I didn't git one....

Yes all 50 sold out in a few hours, i got tickets on the presale , but have to wait untill jan to see him.

This is incredible. Michael is making history yet again :).

Congrats to Michael, and to the million people lucky enough to get tickets before they sold out! So much for the long-running hater theory that he would never be able to sell another ticket again :lol:.

OMG!!!!

I am ELATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALLLLL 50 SOLD OUT!!!

TAKE THAT HATERZ!!!
take that!!!! hehe

this is sooooo numbing and exciting at the same time!
I can't think straight.
And I actually have a ticket from the presale, so this is just a hugeeee thing!
But I knew they'd sell out.
This will silence those freaking loserz who were like 'oh no one's gonna go to see him now.'

yeah well...EAT THIS NEW RECORD!!
muwahahaha!!!!

Well done everyone who got a ticket, see some of u in July then!! Can't believe how quickly the tickets sold out! I was on again this morn and had no luck in finding anything, was trying to get some for a friend.

i'm sorry you didn't get any tickets i didn't as well i got up early before going to work and went on line but i never had a visa card and that was the only way of paying i phoned o2 arena when i got home from work but the voice on the phone said all tickets had sold out so i'm gutted i wanted to see him again.

congrats to mike and those who were able to get tickes.

I was close four times got to the section to pay and then ticketmaster crashed each time!!!!! got to less than one min only to go back to over 15 - someone was bumping my IP address I found out later, SUCKS, Also Had the phone to my ear calling the ticketline from 6.30...got through at 11:30 but the tickets had obviously sold out.
Rant over :)

Congrats to those who got tickets

There were so many people on ticketmaster last night, I couldn't even load the page!! I finally got through about 2.5 hours later and got some really good VIP seats. I'm very proud of Mike and his accomplishments thus far!

congrats to mike and those who were able to get tickes.

I was close four times got to the section to pay and then ticketmaster crashed each time!!!!! got to less than one min only to go back to over 15 - someone was bumping my IP address I found out later, SUCKS, Also Had the phone to my ear calling the ticketline from 6.30...got through at 11:30 but the tickets had obviously sold out.
Rant over :)

Congrats to those who got tickets

what does bumping your IP address do?

i got Block B3 row B this morning absolutely thrilled im going on the second ever night and then again on the 22nd i cant wait

Don't I know that tickets are sold out. My Friday the 13th lucky streak has hit a snag. lol

Couldn't get seats for the dates I'm able to go. :boohoo:

Plus side, I'm an so happy for and proud of Michael.
Whether I can get to see a show or not, I am ecstatic over his accomplishment with this. And I'm happy that other fans will be able to go and enjoy everything. This really IS an awesome moment for the entire fan community. It's impossible to feel down when you know Michaelmania is on the rise. :girl_happy:

I think MJ could subtitle his concerts now 'I Am Legend'. lol

I was smiling from ear to ear when they sold out.. I do feel for the ones that havent got tickets but this is just awesome for Michael :wild:

I was smiling from ear to ear when they sold out.. I do feel for the ones that havent got tickets but this is just awesome for Michael :wild:

So are all the dates sold out already??? :wild: If they are that is impressive! Where can you go to see what shows are sold out?

I'm happy for MJ but this takes the piss, I oke up at 6 and tried for HOURS online since 7 to get a ticket :( I finnaly had a chance aswell :-\ on the other hand, I got an A in my exam ^_^

i'm ecstatic for our Mike, and i can't wait to have one of the best summers of my lifetime.

however i can't help but be sorry and angry for our fellow fans left without tickets due to very dodgy deals by AEG and touts (whether they're official like Viagogo or simply not being strict enough by allowing others snatch up so many tickets so easily).

I'm happy for MJ but this takes the piss, I oke up at 6 and tried for HOURS online since 7 to get a ticket :( I finnaly had a chance aswell :-\ on the other hand, I got an A in my exam ^_^

Well done for getting an A on your exam :).

Don't I know that tickets are sold out. My Friday the 13th lucky streak has hit a snag. lol

Couldn't get seats for the dates I'm able to go. :boohoo:

Plus side, I'm an so happy for and proud of Michael.
Whether I can get to see a show or not, I am ecstatic over his accomplishment with this. And I'm happy that other fans will be able to go and enjoy everything. This really IS an awesome moment for the entire fan community. It's impossible to feel down when you know Michaelmania is on the rise. :girl_happy:
did you get tickets tho'? If you got tickets for the 10th or 12th and not sure if you can make it let me know. I need 3 tickets!

Michael's tears of joy at the news of selling out

Jackson's Tears Of Joy As O2 Shows Sell Out
2:51pm UK, Friday March 13, 2009

Michael Jackson cried with happiness when he found out all 50 of his comeback shows have completely sold out, his concert organiser told Sky News.

Tickets for the This Is It gigs at the O2 Arena were snapped up within a few hours of going on general sale.

Shortly afterwards the head of AEG Live spoke to Jackson on the phone to pass on the news.

Randy Phillips told Sky News: "He was crying. I could hear it in his voice – he was choked up."

Thousands of people queued through the night outside the O2, with many more jamming phone lines and websites.

Several hundred tickets were immediately put on the online auction site eBay for up to £1,500 each.

Ava Zadkhorvash and Ayesha Obi were first in the queue at the O2 and secured tickets shortly after they went on sale at 7am.

The pair, both from London, had been waiting in line since Wednesday evening to make sure they got the chance to see their idol.

Sky News entertainment editor Jon Bennett said that the scale of the ticket sales is unprecedented - but the hard work for Jackson is far from over.

"We're into unchartered waters here," he said.

"A performer has never attempted to sell this many dates for an arena of this size - let alone managed to sell them out."

But Bennett questioned the star's ability to perform so many concerts.

He said: "This is a 50-year-old man who - unlike his peers Madonna and Prince - has not performed for more than a decade.

"He has a huge task ahead of him and it will be intriguing to see if he can complete the most important part of what is potentially the biggest comeback in entertainment history."

Jackson originally planned to play 10 dates between July 8 and 28, but organisers extended the run to 50 shows ending on February 24, 2010.

An estimated one million people will now be able to see the so-called King of Pop perform at the 20,000-capacity venue.

Half the seats, priced between £50 and £75, had already been sold online to people who had obtained a presale code.

A technical glitch caused by the huge demand affected many people who tried to buy presale tickets through Ticketmaster.

"We have witnessed an unprecedented level of demand for the Michael Jackson concerts at the O2," said managing director Chris Edmonds.

Jackson has been a virtual recluse since being cleared of child abuse charges in 2005 and has not toured for 12 years.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-N...On_General_Sale

Back