Cirque du Soleil 'Michael Jackson ONE' permanent Las Vegas show

Michael Jackson One’ ticket sales exceed expectations at Mandalay Bay

MMM%20TD%2014%20of%2018_t653.jpg

Tom Donoghue/DonoghuePhotography. com
A sneak peek of Cirque du Soleil’s “Michael Jackson One” at Mandalay Bay on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.

By Robin Leach (contact)
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 | 1:36 p.m.

Tickets for “Michael Jackson One” at Mandalay Bay are moving so well that Cirque du Soleil execs have decided to advance the on-sale date for the balance of the year — even before its official gala opening June 29. Traditionally, the summer box office slows, but not at “MJ1.”

“We’re pretty well sold out with the current block we put on sale to Aug. 31. The demand is incredible. Our best-ever opening sale, and people are here nightly from all over the world. For the premiere, we will officially announce ticket sales through to Dec. 31,” I was reliably told. “The demand is there, and it will help people plan their travel and hotel plans further out.”

Even more extraordinary is that “MJ1” while in previews has been just one show a night. With the spectacular premiere and $1 million-plus Mandalay Bay Beach after-party, the production will start a two-shows-a-night schedule — 7 and 10 p.m., and the ticket demand still exceeds the seating.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/201...hael-jackson-one-ticket-sales-/#ixzz2VTaglA9O

:punk::punk::punk::punk:

Re: Cirque du Soleil "Michael Jackson ONE" permanent Las Vega show

YEAAAAAAAH. Send this to Wade and his attorneys and all Michael's enemies.

Oh I wish I could go to that opening night & gala.

I am not sure, but I feel that that MJ ONE show will be a flop, and within two years they will cancel it... because of lack of demand/ticket sales, mainly because of WR accusations..., they are very damaging.... and aggravating.

I am not sure, but I feel that that MJ ONE show will be a flop, and within two years they will cancel it... because of lack of demand/ticket sales, mainly because of WR accusations..., they are very damaging.... and aggravating.

It's just been reported that ticket sales exceed expectations and gave the best start for any Vegas Cirque show EVER. On top of that it's been also praised as the best Cirque show ever by the most highly rated Las Vegas cirtics. No offense, but sometimes I feel some fans just love to bask in negativity, no matter what.

Last edited:

Respect thank you. I am actually in shock, why would someone write something so vile, right after reports showing how much people enjoyed this, or how tickets are much in demand. Why Why Why!! Is this what we have become? A group of negativists?

Moonwalker I hope a little part of you is not hoping this thing will fail, so that your theory about Wade & AEG will be proven right. By the way, have you bought tickets yet, or seen the show?

I am going to predict that this show will do well and that Wade's shake down will have no lasting impact on ONE.

Did you not read the article above? Besides, no one is talking about WR. All I hear is crickets.

Don't worry, and enjoy the articles about the success of the show :) Nobody's paying attention to WR except us, Mj estate lawyers, and WR himself.

It has to last more than 2 years, I need to save the money for the trip from Europe, I want to see it !!!

Great news about MJ1.

Guys I just got a letter from Branca and I think I am in love--the letter is that sweet. Anyway he claims that changes have been made to One since the first show and that "believe it or not, it's gotten even better!" I can't contain myself about this. I wonder what they did to it!!!! He says they tried to make the show reflect "Michael's music, dance, philosophy, and passion."

He also said he was impressed that I understood his intentions on the 60 minutes show and bla, bla. I guess I will have to wait till October to see One again. It is so great to have something to look forward to.

PS: Branca said Immortal show is now one of the Top 10 Rock Shows in History and it is climbing!! We must make it be number 1 in there. I hope it comes back to New York, before the final curtain.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Glad to hear of the success with ticket sales for this show, Id love to see it, bring it the the UK please :)

Awesome clip from Jamie King who was on Jimmy F show
http://latenightjimmy.tumblr.com/post/52688827718/want-more-jamie-king-heres-a-clip-from-cirque-of

I loveeeeeeee that Smooth criminal thing:clapping:

The whole interview with Jamie King on Jimmy
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/jamie-king-teaches-jimmy-fallon-dance-moves/n37874/

Michael used to prank call Russell Growe too:D

LOL at him teaching the crotch grab.

what?? did you read the review? it's the best opening ever for a cirque show

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/06/russell-crowe-jimmy-fallon-michael-jackson-crotch-grab/
Russell Crowe Mastered The Michael Jackson Crotch Grab On Fallon Last Night

Written by Maske / 06.11.13 Jimmy Fallon

| Tweet
| Like 26

I decided I needed to give this clip a watch after running across the below GIF of everyone’s favorite sometimes moody actor turned UFO photographer thrusting his crotch along with Jimmy Fallon. Playful/possibly-drunk Russell Crowe is my favorite version of Russell Crowe.
I have no idea how his individual — presumably Man of Steel centric — interview with Jimmy prior to this went, but when choreographer Jamie King showed up and volunteered to teach Fallon some Michael Jackson dance moves, new Jor-El was more than happy to play along.
Dance tutorial begins at the 3:00 mark, and even though Jamie King is for some inexplicable reason focused on teaching Jimmy, Russell Crowe is the student you need to be paying attention to. Dude is all sorts of bought in and playing off the crowd, even if that means a morbid sight gag here and there.
And here you go if you’re only here for the crotch grabbing pelvic thrusts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bnk3RJia9k&feature=player_embedded#!

Russell Crowe variety hour stat!

Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/06/ru...on-michael-jackson-crotch-grab/#ixzz2VvjSNvl0

ah ! Michael prank calling Russell Crowe !

ah ! Michael prank calling Russell Crowe !

I wonder how many people Michael has prank called? I like Jaime Kings voice.

There were articles in 2003 or 2004 about MJ prank calling Russell :D
I always liked Russell as an actor but even more knowing that he was able to get MJ's sense of humor lol

Awesome clip from Jamie King who was on Jimmy F show
http://latenightjimmy.tumblr.com/post/52688827718/want-more-jamie-king-heres-a-clip-from-cirque-of

I loveeeeeeee that Smooth criminal thing:clapping:

The whole interview with Jamie King on Jimmy
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/jamie-king-teaches-jimmy-fallon-dance-moves/n37874/

Michael used to prank call Russell Growe too:D

I hope Wade was watching.

This was recent on Jimmy Fallon?

Follow us and <nobr>Win Tickets</nobr> to the MJ ONE Premiere and After-Party
spacer.gif

<tbody>
</tbody>
20bf7183e0ef46ad5abe36f238a9d04f.jpg
It’s hard to believe that Cirque du Soleil’s MJ ONE is just in its preview phase. Thanks to the combination of Cirque acrobatic and aerial artistry and Michael Jackson’s legendary music, ticket sales are already exceeding the seating in Mandalay Bay. This is even more surprising due to the fact that the box office typically slows in the summer and that the Official World Premiere of MJ ONE doesn’t even begin until June 29.

To accommodate the influx of interest for MJ ONE, Cirque will be starting a two-shows-a-night-schedule at 7pm and 10pm on June 29. But this exclusive world premiere is by invitation only so you better know somebody to be able to get in. Or you can just follow Best of Vegas on Twitter and we’ll get you in to the show plus get you an invitation for two to the over $1 Million VIP After-Party!

Who wouldn’t want to get the first look at the show that follows The King of Pop’s creative genius using his music, love, courage and playfulness to create a masterpiece, and than celebrate Michael’s legacy with an after-party that is sure to be as spectacular as the production? We all would. That’s why Best of Vegas is giving you the chance to win two free tickets to both. Here’s how it works:

If you’ll be in Las Vegas June 29th and want to go, follow us @BestofVegas, then tweet us with the hashtag #SummerofCirque and why you deserve the tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s newest show. Be creative with your tweet because the tweet that gets the most retweets by June 20th 1PM PST will win the tickets and the invitation to the exclusive Las Vegas After-Party. So, tell your friends, spread the word, tweet @BestofVegas, and remember to keep it classy. If you win <nobr>show tickets</nobr>, you'll have a six-month timeframe to see the show, some blackout dates may apply, please see the Terms and Conditions for details on the giveaways.
The new Cirque production has already been turning heads and is quickly becoming known as the best Cirque du Soleil show ever. That’s due in part to its new technology. It’s so spectacular and unlike anything you’ve seen in a Cirque production before, the Canadian based company is planning to review all existing Strip spectaculars to update and upgrade them. “Zarkana” at Aria is the first to be reviewed, and new technologies will more than likely be added to enhance the show.

To get the chance to see the new Las Vegas show that everybody is buzzing about and get an invitation to the exclusive Las Vegas After-Party at <nobr>Mandalay Bay Beach</nobr> make sure you follow @BestofVegas, tweet us using the hashtag #SummerofCirque and tell us why you deserve tickets to the show. If you’re comment gets the most retweets than we’ll see you on the 29th! If you don’t win you can always find discounted MJ ONE tickets right here on Best of Vegas.

Las Vegas, NV – 06/13/13

http://www.bestofvegas.com/articles...ckets-to-the-mj-one-premiere-and-after-party/

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

^^Opening night and the after party sounds exciting. Did any celebs say they would attend?

Petrarose;3844518 said:
^^Opening night and the after party sounds exciting. Did any celebs say they would attend?

Perhaps, Prince, Paris, and Blanket Jackson will attend the
Cirque du Soleil&#8217;s
MJ ONE Premiere
:trytobeangel

Last edited:
Back