Chris Tucker To Accept Michael Jackson Apollo Award June 14, 2010

Here's the write up from the Billboard story:

Jamie Foxx introduced Michael Jackson's induction with tales of his first time seeing the performer, proclaiming him a true entertainer who didn't rely on lip-syncing or autotune to put on a spectacular show. Marsha Ambrosius of Floetry then performed "Butterflies," bringing chills to the crowd with the power of performing the song she herself penned for the late R&B legend.

Chris Tucker accept Jackson's award on behalf of his family and children. He revealed that Jackson had a playful side, nicknaming him "Christmas," but was also a generous friend who gave away his own television after he heard Chris admiring it.

Finally, Donnie McClurkin lead the audience through emotional renditions of "Heal the World" and "Earth Song," backed by a gospel choir.

Marsha Ambrosius, Chris Tucker, Danny Glover, Jamie Foxx, Angela Bassett and Clark King returned to the stage to join Donnie and the audience in song, while Aretha Franklin filmed the performance on her camera phone from her private box.

http://www.billboard.com/news/micha...wows-apollo-theater-ceremony-1004098213.story

A little video showing a part of Chris Tucker's acceptance. Starts around 1:40 mark

yet another video. shows chris tucker telling the bodyguard story and Jenifer Lopez talking about Michael

Awww chris was great!

And i have to agree with the press lady bout jamie fox's dancing.......:ph34r:

<embed src="http://player.redlasso.com/redlasso_player_b1b_deploy.swf" flashvars="embedId=897c8111-1b00-4550-b8f5-518e9442f29f&pid=undefined" width="390" height="320" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="Redlasso"></embed></object>

I am so Happy about this..infact it truely touches my heart. The Apollo is a very special place in American Music & Culture,and those artists is the Soul of America's Music. I am so happy to see Michael Jackson & Aretha Franklin being honoured as well as everyone. I hope to hear more & more from The Apollo.

I would love to see the pictures of the plaques on the walk of fame.

What a shame they waited until Michael had passed away he should be here to accept his award. Thank you Chris Tucker for accepting this for Michael!!!

Chris How sweet!!! Michael would be very proud of him. I wish I had a friend like hime, too.

I heard Usher would perform there to honor MJ, where can I watch the vid?

Thak you so much for the videos guys. I have so much respect for Chris and the way he always stuck by Mike when everyone else turned their backs and loved his speech. We miss you Mike :cry:

Who's going to be at the Apollo on the 25th? I want to go. I never been there before and I live in NYC. Shame on me.

Just want to be around other MJ fans that day....

I'm glad Chris accepted the award for MJ. He and MJ were good friends and he's been nothing but great when it comes to MJ. I'm glad MJ had a friend like Chris in his life that was genuine and made him laugh. He needed that. Thanks for posting this.

Back