Chris Brown's new song 'Fine China' is Michael Jackson meeting racial conflict

Some TWYMMF and YRMW, but I really disliked this vid... Can't stand him.

The fight scene in the bar was inspired from "You Rock my world" and I was waiting for him to go into a rendition of Beat it at the end :lol: I do enjoy watching him dance though. He doesn't have much in vocal range or style in delivery. All songs seem to sound the same. The video wasn't bad. But I just don't like his arrogant thug personality, He portrays for his image. Thats why I love MJ so much he wasn't a thug on or off stage. He was upright. A smooth Criminal :) I just don't see that in Chris. Not yet anyway. Maybe as he matures he can show more substance.

And as they walk at around 2:12 and Chris dances around the girl that kind of reminds me of Thriller.

I just heard this song in a club last night and commented on it (+ the video) when i got home...

http://pharaohthoth.tumblr.com/post/47248582071/im-interested-in-making-a-path-instead-of

Good article.

I wonder if all those people who say the MUSIC "has an MJ feel to it" have seen the video before and that's why they make the connection. Because the music doesn't feel MJ to me either.

But then I have seen people (critics actually) compare the singer of the band Fun to Freddie Mercury and I can't see the similarity there either. The singer of Fun is nowhere near to the level of Freddie either in vocal skills or charisma. And I don't think their voices are similar either.

Not the biggest Chris Brown fan, but agreeing with Qbee i do really enjoy watching him dance too
Im glad this sing is more like of the older rnb stuff and not like rap/techno with very rude lyrics, I like it a lot better than his other more recent stuff.

I strongly dislike everything about this. He's just copying, STEALING TOO much from MJ. There's so much stuff in there from MJ, I can't even count. And using "AOW! Woohoo!" with autotune? Come on, son. Even the whole song has autotune. I could go on and on about what I hate about that video, but I already made rants on Twitter and to my friends.

The problem with alot of artist 's like chris brown they take so much from mj that they dont let their own imagination run free and thats is boring. They need to stop being excatly like mj, prince etc and just be themselves so that their fans can love them for them & not for who try to be like

For the youth today its too less "MJ" to know he is just copying michael but enough to make profit -.-

He could write in an intro, "Fine China - Tribute to my Idol" something like that...

anyway its a good work! But he should tell the people he tries to dance like michael in each video

^^Oh Oh, the good thing is that when you guys write comments about how it is a Michael Jackson rip off, his new fans who do not know Michael will be curious to see who this Michael Jackson is, & go out and buy some Michael music & videos. People are always curious about the originals. Don't forget to write each song/video that this thing ^^mimics, so the people know exactly which Michael product to buy.

I don't really see why this is "Michael". I see a music video with scenes and ideas which are rip-offs of Michael's art.

I was surprise by the amount of MJ he is tryin to do in the video and in his vocals as well. It's a good song, not to crazy about the vid though. And the acting of the girl in the video is quite horrible I must say.:doh:

tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif
2176641_o.gif

Loved it! I think it's courageous to blatantly use Michael's stuff in modern pop. He really had a tarnished reputation that was only slightly repaired through his death, and I think that not enough artists these days actually acknowledge and try to follow in Michael's footsteps and make similar music.

No one will ever be able to replace Michael, but I enjoy seeing his influence so blatantly rubbed off on people like Chris Brown. I see no problem with this and definitely feel like it will bring more people to Michael's music.

wow I saw like 5 MJ videos in that one video.. I like Chris though. He has always loved MJ from the very beginning when he came out and he wasn't ashamed to say it

I wish him all the best. He is the huge and royal MJ fan and never hide about it. Hope he can put himself together and success.

The acting is just great (LOL!).

Just awful.

What a narrow view of the music world one must have to give this guy so much attention with a new release.

sorry peeps but I think this video is amazing, I haven't seen anyone dance with that kind of fierceness-yet-with-complete ease, since MJ. wow

Actually, I think it's a cool song..But the video is completely unoriginal and frankly, a complete rip off.

The song itself isn't that bad, much better than compared to a lot of stuff in the mainstream music. But why do the "woooooooohoooooooooooo!" JUST like MJ and "AOOWWW!" JUST like MJ? Only MJ can do that FFS! An to top it all, he uses strong autotune (LOL, really??) - he can't even sing falsetto without going off tune?

Back