Chances of a High Quality Bad Tour on DVD?

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
I would like to know what are the chances of getting a BAD tour DVD in HIGH QUALITY. Is there a chance we will be able to get it in as good a quality as Dangerous in Bucharest? The best quality i have seen of a bad tour is in Yokohama and that is definately not high quality (although watchable). So if we were to ever get an official BAD tour on DVD what will the quality be like?

So many of us have yearned for a Bad Tour '88/'89 official release for years! Although, It may not be such a simple request to fulfill...

It is true that EVERY concert from each Tour from Victory in '84 right through to the HIStory Tour of '96 - '97 was professionally recorded in full. The footage that was shown on the giant screens at the side of the stage to the live audience is what was being recorded. Now, the problem isn't whether or not the shows were recorded, but more so who owns the rights to the footage?

Nocturne Productions filmed both the '96 and '97 legs of the HIStory Tour, I'm not entirely sure which company was working for MJ for the Victory, Bad and Dangerous Tours though. It is claimed that Pepsi and/or Sony own the broadcast rights to the Bad and Dangerous Tour footage but again, no one is certain.

If the Bad Tour were to be released, I believe one of the Los Angeles '89 shows would be. As clips and snippetts have been used by MJ from them in some official videos such as 'Brace Yourself'. Also, a small clip of Billie Jean from L.A was used during the montage video for MJ at the 1993 AMA's and clips were also shown during the 'Where it's going...' video too...

I am still astonished that whoever owns the copyrights to the Bad Tour hasn't capitalised on it! Surely a Bad '88/'89 official release would be a HUGE seller and a fantastic way to show MJ at his absolute finest live!...

I guess it does suck that the bulk of Bad Tour footage we have available is from the 1987 "Practice" leg of the Tour from Japan and here in Australia...It was merely a warm up for the REAL Bad Tour of 1988 lol.

Last edited:
A simple guess is, that we`ll actualy see some of them released since the estate wants to make money now while Mike is still in the picture.

There was also an interview posted a few weeks ago here which mentioned there was a full victory concert (raw footage, but amazing quality) ready for a release. The guy saw it as a promo.

I think we`ll need to be very patient...the next few months will solely focuss on This Is It... any news on new concert footage will be heard next year, after the official dvd and bluray release of This Is It.

A simple guess is, that we`ll actualy see some of them released since the estate wants to make money now while Mike is still in the picture.

There was also an interview posted a few weeks ago here which mentioned there was a full victory concert (raw footage, but amazing quality) ready for a release. The guy saw it as a promo.

I think we`ll need to be very patient...the next few months will solely focuss on This Is It... any news on new concert footage will be heard next year, after the official dvd and bluray release of This Is It.

do you have the link to the interview?

Victory Tour and Bad Tour 88 on DVD would been a dream come true.

A full pro Victory Tour concert does exist, it is from Dallas but it is very poor quality. The only full pro concerts from the Bad Tour are from Yokohama and Tokyo, with Yokohama being the best quality.

Ironically, there is extremely high quality video from the Triumph and Destiny tours...

it WILL happen in time.

or rather, i should say, the best chances of it ever happening are in the next few months

I sure given time, all concerts will be released, maybe 5-10 years time we will see these treasures, who knows what technology will be available then. Very exciting to think these could be turned in 3D films, with the advant of 3D TV sets, imagine watching BAD concert, and feeling the atmosphere as if your in the crowd.

i thinks official dvd is comming in 1 year. Before it maybe some footage from camera team.

I think the estate and Sony want to see how this is it will do then after that you will see MJ dvd's, unreleased music and everything MJ,I think it just depends on how well This is it will do.

I think the estate and Sony want to see how this is it will do then after that you will see MJ dvd's, unreleased music and everything MJ,I think it just depends on how well This is it will do.

??? Why does it depend on how the This is it will do??????

You really believe a local small band sells like Mike??? But still a lot of them have 3-4 live dvds out and they don´t sell millions. Where is the problem to release a Victory Tour even if its only sells 10000 copies??
Do you really think Herbie Hanckock or any other Jazz Artist today sells millions with their DVD releases? No they sell 1000s but Herbie Hancock has despite that over 5 live DVDs out and Michael only 1.
So what is the real reason why the Victory Tour isn´t released more than 20 years after they´ve filmed it?? Money isn´t the reason. Every fan would love to buy it-they´ll make enough money!! Quality? Again also the quality of the performance isn´t the reason.
Mike´s voice sounded fantastic-he looked so good! Victory is much better than the official Dangerous DVD(on the released Dangerous DVD Michael was sick and you can hear it his voice isn´t in great shape-but still he released it) -so Quality cannot be the reason-even non MJ fans for example Prince fans wait for a Victory Concert they love the Victory Videos on Youtube the demand not only from hardcore MJ fans is very high!
The million dollar question is Why haven´t they released Victory and Bad 88 on DVD?
I cannot find an answer!

Last edited:
I can never, for the life of me, understand how the Dangerous shows and History shows were televised internationally but the Bad tour has been hidden in the back of the cupboard somewhere. It's as if people don't want the world to see the greatest at his greatest. How does it benefit Michael Jackson's legacy for worldwide audiences to see him lip-synch You Are Not Alone when they could be seeing him singing She's Out of My Life beautifully?

I cannot understand either. This is beyond me-it´s like you say some evil force don´t want the world to see Mike at his best. Dangerous and exspecially the Playback History Concert is miles away from MJs best concerts.

I would give Victory and Bad 88 a 10 out of 10
Dangerous-unfortunatley his voice wasn´t in good shape and a lot of songs were mimed becomes a 7 out of 10 from me.
And the playback History show deserves only a 4 out of 10.

How does it benefit Michael Jackson's legacy for worldwide audiences to see him lip-synch You Are Not Alone when they could be seeing him singing She's Out of My Life beautifully?

benefit??? It will hurt MJs legacy. The Estat should stop TV Station from airing the History Concerts!

fo'get about it! who knows when.

Bucharest is nice, but it is not my favorite to watch over and over again on dvd.
i want Victory, Bad.
always have, always will.

i honesty, can not believe noone will put it out, whether michael was here or not,
when they should know MJ fans would go bonkers for it. michael sells. and if your talking something iconic like his tours, come on!!!

Count Sony out the picture, they aint got access to any tours! It is nothing to do with them

Look at this amazin Victory Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4btBLa9Q1yg&feature=player_embedded

the best quality I´ve ever seen so far. His voice is so powerful!

How did the youtube user get this video???

Imagine the whole concert would be shown on TV worldwide. Here you can see MJ the real raw live performer.
Even fans from other music styles like Jazz Rock etc would love that concert and it would do wonders for his legacy.
Instead they show a lipsyncing Mik as if they want to hurt his legacy and keep all the great stuff from the public.

Last edited:
Count Sony out the picture, they aint got access to any tours! It is nothing to do with them

So who has access? Where were all those thousand and thousands signatures for the petition to release these concerts on dvd sent?? To whom??? And what was the answer??

So who has access? Where were all those thousand and thousands signatures for the petition to release these concerts on dvd sent?? To whom??? And what was the answer??

Not sure who has access but its not so clean cut. Sony aint got anything, Michael owned all the footage, he paid for it and kept it away from Sony. MJJProductions housed the Multitracks and I assume the video aswell

Not sure who has access but its not so clean cut. Sony aint got anything, Michael owned all the footage, he paid for it and kept it away from Sony. MJJProductions housed the Multitracks and I assume the video aswell

So the petition to release the concerts on dvd were send to MJJProductions and

what was the response??

What did MJJProductions say to all the thousand fans who signed the petition???? I mean they must´ve have said something??

So the petition to release the concerts on dvd were send to MJJProductions and

what was the response??

What did MJJProductions say to all the thousand fans who signed the petition???? I mean they must´ve have said something??

No The Petition was sent to Sony, but this was a couple years back before recent info was leaked. I guess we gotta wait for MJ's estate to try and do something, but word is that the Estate dont have access either???

No The Petition was sent to Sony, but this was a couple years back before recent info was leaked. I guess we gotta wait for MJ's estate to try and do something, but word is that the Estate dont have access either???

Ohh I understand! But why to Sony?? You just said sony aint got anything.

And what was the response from Sony??

No matter what the legal wranglings that may have to be gone through to get all the footage together I can't believe that sometime in the near future we will not have HQ dvds of Victory,Bad and History tours with tonnes of bonus footage to boot.They would sell in the 10's of millions!!!

No matter what the legal wranglings that may have to be gone through to get all the footage together I can't believe that sometime in the near future we will not have HQ dvds of Victory,Bad and History tours with tonnes of bonus footage to boot.They would sell in the 10's of millions!!!

I really hope you´re right. It would be a crime if we don´t get to see this amazing concerts on dvd in great quality as only an official release can provide.

Ohh I understand! But why to Sony?? You just said sony aint got anything.

And what was the response from Sony??

People always though Sony had the footage and it there duty to release it, I only found out recently how little Sony have

Back